• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

kauai?

cali lefty

hi guys! new to the site, heading to Kauai and it looks like there is a temp course on puakea golf course, but potentially another course on the island. Any info would be much appreciated. thank you very much

I have never played in Kauai....never really thought about it. I do recommend hiking, then hiking some more. That island is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Good luck finding some golf and have a blast.

There's a dg club on Maui. If you're on facebook you could talk to them. They were very helpfull and friendly when I played in Maui.

I'm pretty sure that there is a par 72 DG course on a bolf course. There are certain days of the week that it is open to the dg public. I'll try to find out more for you in the next couple of days.

There's a course designed for Lydgate Park about 10 minutes north of the airport but the equipment hasn't been funded yet. But some who know the design occasionally play there moving a portable around.

There's a course designed for Lydgate Park about 10 minutes north of the airport but the equipment hasn't been funded yet. But some who know the design occasionally play there moving a portable around.

Yep, I've wanted to play several times on my bi-yearly visits to the amazing North Coast of Kauai, but yet to hook up with anyone at Lydgate, or elsewhere on that island.

Fortunately, as others have pointed out, there are a ton of amazing things to do - hike the Kalalau Trail, snorkel, check out all the beautiful people on the beach, eat Pat's Tacos at Hanalei Pier, etc..

Thanks for the replies! Don't get me wrong, I am planning on taking advantage of all the fun activities on the island while i am there, just hoping to get a little DG fix in too.

Da Kine!!

OK, here's the scoop from a local:

There's an object course @ Lydgate Park between Kapaa and Lihue. You need a guide as there are no tee pads, per say, and orange tape on the trees for targets.

Weli Weli Park in Poipu is set up on Sundays only @ noonish.

Puakea Golf Course is the par 72 and is set up on Saturday for the full 18 holes @ 11 A.M.
You can also play on Monday, but it is only the front nine twice @ noon. Around -2 would probably be a 1000-rated round.

Hope this helps. Aloha and shaka, bra!!

Well, I couldn't let this go and found this on the South Shore. Disc Golf on a ball golf course at specific times. Seems recent, so it might actually work for you if you are on the South Shore, or are willing to drive. Definitely sounds like you want to call first and make sure its happening:

https://www.facebook.com/Kauai-Disc-Golf-1477663009215307/

Well I was too late..and there is one other option in Poipu.

Good Luck!

Latest posts