• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Keeley Park, Greensboro, NC

So;
The master plan update meeting should be this November. Of course I wont find out until right before. I'll post up when I get word. They are still shooting for 2016 which means probably Mid year before they break ground on anything at the earliest. Theres a few tweaks to the layout I need to do plus whatever changes according to new infrastructure. At least it'll be early winter this year that I can go back out and work on stuff.

Any news? I've heard that the course will wind thru a mountain bike trail like Northeast ��. Wish they'd hurry up and finish that highway.

The club sent an email requesting an update. Still waiting on a reply. You know how that goes. They were waiting on confirmation of the PARTF grant. As I said before, responding to emails isnt one of any parks and recs strong suits. The area that we'll get to use for the discgolf course has also shrunk considerably. Still workable, just not the acreage we wanted.

Man, I have never heard of this plan. It's great news, as I live in Greensboro. I mostly play the Patriot in Kernersville these days with the construction going on at Barber. It would be awesome to have another course to play near by. Thanks for all the info/updates on it.

Well Greensboro just voted in a Parks & Rec bond. Any chance that helps get a course here or in Greensboro in general anytime soon?

:popcorn:

I wouldnt hold your breath. Have you been out to Stonewall yet, Dave?

Just heard of it, lol. How is it? Ought to be good to have a ball golf style course to complement Horizons up there.

I swung by the park to talk to the park manager to see if he knew of any developments on the PARTF Grant and of course hes not there, he's transferred to another park and the new manager was out on holiday. I did talk to the new assistant and he said nothing is going to happen until June of this year if it does.
This was back in end of December or January.
Someone contacted me last week asking the same thing and he was going to take a stab at trying to pry info from GPR on what the heck is going on. maybe he'll answer my message I sent him or post up here.

Anyway in the mean time North East is back up aka Holly Run and we are winding down construction and getting ready for a huge grand re-opening on April 21st. I also am about to jump into another course project, not in Greensboro, so I'v been pretty busy. If Keeley happens finally and they want me to do the design I'd be down to do it since its local. I just dont have time to chase down people to get non-answers right now.
:( :):( :):( :) :( :)

It's been a year since the last update. I started this in 2014 and 5 years later still no movement? Greensboro is a hole, man. Anybody heard anything about this?

It's been a year since the last update. I started this in 2014 and 5 years later still no movement? Greensboro is a hole, man. Anybody heard anything about this?

Innova won the Design bid several months ago from what I heard. I assume the build and everything is funded either this fiscal year(July 2018-July 2019) or the next (July 2019-July 2020)

Helluva course! Played it today. Definitely worth the hour and a half drive to G'boro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played this one recently. As much as I love Creekside, I think this is the best disc golf course in the Triad area. The bamboo hallway on hole #1 is awesome. It is a little too open for my taste in general, but tons of fun. This is what Patriot DGC should have/could have been.

Latest posts