• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ken Climo lost disc?

Not an expert at all on signatures but that one is not even close at all on that frisbee. I'd need authentication from the man himself to believe it. Not that his signature is worth much anyways, throw that frisbee and have fun.

Most old-school disc golfers understand how ridiculous the prohibition on the word "frisbee" is [...]

I'd be inclined to agree with you...except that I know I'd wind up as the victim of a rant about how Frisbee® is a registered trademark of the Wham-O® corporation, and that when you use the word Frisbee® to refer to something other than a Wham-O® product, you're taking food out of the mouths of families of dedicated Wham-O® employees and shareholders...or something to that effect.

Last edited:
Nah if saying frisbee were truly that shady it'd be a lot more popular to do around here.

They're frisbees. If you can't say frisbee you've failed at all real sports and desperately need this one to sound harder than it is.

And yet y'all have no problem asking for a kleenex, or xeroxing a document.
As for authenticity, you might need Climo's 2 cents.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking up things to write on my trashy water discs, along the lines of "I use this as my cat's litter box while traveling in the car".:sick:

C'mon guys, I don't see anywhere in this thread someone bashing the use of the word "frisbee", lol .:doh: There was some simple curiosity about whether KC would use it when inking his discs, when the OP was questioning authenticity.

OK, carry on!

lol that is not even close to KC's actual signature. I have a super collectible baseball I can sell you for $50:

2013-11-10-fake-babe-ruth.png

Another thought: there's got to be enough film of KC playing to see if he ever writes that much on the bottom of a disc. Not that all discs are necessarily inked the same, but if you could find any example of that style of ink on one of his discs it might lend a modicum of believability to the case that it is/was actually his.

Nah if saying frisbee were truly that shady it'd be a lot more popular to do around here.

They're frisbees. If you can't say frisbee you've failed at all real sports and desperately need this one to sound harder than it is.

I believe I'll start calling them Whamos.

A few of us received golden shovels for our work on the Mohawk courses built for 2006 Am Worlds. Probably the first time he had signed a shovel!

I'd be inclined to agree with you...except that I know I'd wind up as the victim of a rant about how Frisbee® is a registered trademark of the Wham-O® corporation, and that when you use the word Frisbee® to refer to something other than a Wham-O® product, you're taking food out of the mouths of families of dedicated Wham-O® employees and shareholders...or something to that effect.

I'd just say that frisbee is something that will bounce off you head. Meanwhile a 13 speed/ 180 gram disc is something that will put a dent in your head so bad you have brain damage and die.

I hope you have fun explaining the difference. :clap:

Latest posts