• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

klodkrawler's lefty bag

Played a 2 round doubles tournament at Flip City yesterday, I accidentally left the undertaker at home out of my bag (lost it Saturday night in the flowerbed doing some field work with it, forgot to look for it Sunday in the daylight)

I picked up an ace with my newly bagged Pekapeka, that disc has also helped me birdie 2 holes at my home course that I've never got before. I don't know that there's anything particularly magical about the disc as much as I just seem to throw it well when it's in my hand.

Unused discs this weekend: Force, Undertaker

Between the 48 holes we played I had to reach for every other disc in my bag, I could've probably done without my Mantis and the FD this weekend, I threw both in round 1 then swapped out for Essence and Pekapeka respectively for the second round.

Minor Updates: Lost my Archer, pretty much the only disc I bag that I don't have a backup or close facsimile of. I picked up a new archer, but it doesn't have the same magic, I didn't realize how much of the fade I had beaten out of my old Archer, the new one will do the same drifting turn, but instead of panning and gliding to the ground it starts fighting back at the end. Gonna need to hit some more trees with it.

Also picked up a Paradox, as my form/comfort has improved I was starting to find the archer too long for those 200-240' turnover shots. The paradox has been exactly the answer, it flies the same shape, but ranges down 50-100' shorter than the archer with ease.

I had some funny money left from ledgestone and they just started carrying upper park bags so I picked up a Shift, it seems like 13-15 discs is the sweet spot for that bag so that will force me to get rid of some of the redundancy in my fairways instead of being able to carry the kitchen sink with my Octohaul.

I figure my core bag of 9 discs is 3 putters, 3 mids, 3 fairways in US/S/OS slots, then that leaves me 4-6 other discs that I can put into the bag depending on the course I'm playing and what I anticipate throwing the most.

Currently I'm anticipating bagging:
Fierce, Firefly, Ringer
Paradox, MD3, Wasp
Archer, Essence, TB3
2 utility slots for Zone/Firebird

and then use the remaining 3-4 slots for course/weather dependent discs.

First round of 2022, we had 4-6" of super fluffy snow, the kind where your disc enters and leaves no trace so I carried a super minimal setup for league yesterday, and still wound up within 2 strokes of my best score out of 11 league rounds thus far.

2x Fireflys one for putting, one for throwing approaches
big Z fierce - Go to approach disc when I don't need the stability of the firefly
jawbreaker zone - OS approach/utility disc

RPM Cosmic Piwakawaka - turnovers and hyzer flip straight shots.
Z Buzzz - Either weirdly understable for a new buzzz or I just throw it bad frequently.
DX Condor - This has been a fun disc a few buddies and I have been throwing, it's weirdly neutral unlike anything else I've ever bagged, put it on hyzer it goes hyzer like a buzzz/wasp, put it on anny and it'll hold like a Archer/Piwaka let it go straight and it flies like a mako/md1. This has been surprising me with how much I reach for it. the only midrange shots I'm not currently reaching for this disc are the ones where I need a shot shape that's straight with late turn or fade. It's much better at constant arc shots.

Champ Leopard 3 - I thought this would be a bit flippier based on it's numbers but it's been flying more like an FD for me, I can work anny/hyzer flip lines with it to land soft like a midrange but it's got enough stability to fly some hyzer shapes too.
Hailey King tour series Heat - Way beefier than any other heat I've personally thrown, this is the current "max distance" disc, thrown flat and hard I can get just enough turn to really glide, and then it fades out nice and reliably at the end of it's flight.

Latest posts