• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kraken

TripleC8601

Birdie Member
Seem like this has some promise, with some added ingenuity that's needed in the bag market, and a price point around $230.

Unfortunately, it's not aesthetically pleasing enough to cost $230.00.

Interesting concept on the zippered back pocket. Wonder how comfortable that would be with a bunch of stuff crammed in there.

I saw this at the Worlds Flymart and it looked really nice and built ford tuff too.

teemkey..nearing the final production stages,because of that the video does not show rainfly...there will be a rainfly that clips on to the 4 loops at the top of the bag. Sorry this was not in the video,once a solid design is captured, I will add pictures or more video showing.With the main lower compartment shut and the upper rainfly, it makes the discs easily accessible and keeps them dry. This was an element hard to capture in the design process.However you can also you put your umbrella in the intended side loops while umbrella is opened and you can be hands free,and dry during heavy downpour.

I've always wanted to see a disc golf backpack with MOLLE and Hydration bladder compatible, but for the price? I think 190-215 would be more appealing to people. I am really liking the functionality of the bag and all that stuff, but it could be more aesthetically pleasing. Still this is really amazing and looks like a great idea. I wouldn't mind trying this pack out.

It looks like the more you put in the storage compartment the farther the discs would be away from your back. Which would make it seem heavier, IMO. But it looks nice, expensive, but nice.

I've always wanted to see a disc golf backpack with MOLLE and Hydration bladder compatible, but for the price? I think 190-215 would be more appealing to people. I am really liking the functionality of the bag and all that stuff, but it could be more aesthetically pleasing. Still this is really amazing and looks like a great idea. I wouldn't mind trying this pack out.
HybridZombiw:Thanks, yes allot of disc golfers,including myself, have wanted to see a bag with hydration pack compatibility. The MOLLE straps were just an added feature.At first I was skeptical of, but they really are a cool added feature.Been working on this bag for close to two years, so allot of thought went into it. I would have really liked to get this down to that price range as well, I feel like at $200 they would fly off the shelf. The only way to do this would be to get them made overseas. Because of all the features,and elements in this bag it would be hard to provide a quality product even with the best sewing company overseas. Early on I wanted a bag made in the US and knew that the price point would be slightly higher, but also feel you get what you pay for. There are some great features about this bag that even a video or pictures cannot capture. I actually edited the video down because I thought the original one being 10 minutes long was too much.. but I think I should post that one at least on DGCR for everyone to see,or do a longer one specifically for DGCR. I have seen someone else say its not aesthetically pleasing as well. Not sure what would make it more attractive, but the production models will have the chainbanger graphic as well as the Kraken logo and come in a few different colors(red,grey or black). The outer ballistic material only comes in black so the variants will be in the sides where the mini/pencil/outer water bottle pockets are. As well as the zippers,and zipper pulls. While I was at worlds in Portland taking pre-orders and having people try it out. I was amazed by some of the comments.One stuck in my head: "I went to every booth here and tried on every bag,and I want this one, it feels better on my back than all of them" this was one of the guys who pre-ordered one.Also my bag had a full water bladder and 21 disc in it. And those were his exact words. He was not the only one to say things like that. Sure I am biased,but still a disc golfer,and even though its my design and product I like to zoom out. While wearing this bag and even early on in the product testing phase, I would always step outside of myself and mentally think , this is just a new bag and I am trying it out,and want to literally pick it apart. I will say with complete confidence that it feels REALLY good on your back, and I think that was what took the longest to feel good about before launching. I thank you for your comments and appreciate your support. Feel free to check out the website for more pictures of bag inside and out. Cheers!

Bag looks neat, I like that break away back pocket idea.

I quoted this because...I just put a bladder in the side pocket of my Grip bag. string it through some loops and it works just fine. Infact, doing that you can have 2 bladders.

I think there is a list of admins... but you can contact "tmig" too I think. (I'd pay for the premium membership, though. The thing to do if you use this site to promote your new gear) Just my feeling.

I can appreciate the innovations they are trying to add to the backpack market, but with a price point of $230, I don't see this sticking around too long. Bag manufacturer's need to take a page out of DD's book. The Ranger bag for example offer's up similar functionality with a pretty decent replacement warranty, yet it is priced to sell. If you want to be in the bag industry, make a splash and don't overprice your bag. If this bag were to get listed at say $150, it would probably be one of the most popular bags out there. If the price point is set at $230 because of the build cost and materials, then try to make the presentation look more polished and worth the $230 before delivering it to market.

Get back to me when someone isn't looking to bilk disc golfers at 400% markup

Latest posts