• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kristin Tattar #73986

Looks like a fairly level return for her through 3 rounds, not really doing anything spectacular just executing the game plan off the tee and mostly staying out of trouble. Better putting R3 got her a few extra strokes on the field vs. R1 at Brazos East.

Forecast is pretty low wind and warmer temps tomorrow so I'd say shooting 5 under will get her the win. Hansen and King have both shown its possible to get 8 birdies or better out at the Lake Waco course with the weather being less ideal.

Looks like a fairly level return for her through 3 rounds, not really doing anything spectacular just executing the game plan off the tee and mostly staying out of trouble. Better putting R3 got her a few extra strokes on the field vs. R1 at Brazos East.
Obviously, anything can happen during a round, but with a 5 stroke lead going into the final round, KT doesn't have to do anything special... the field does.

That said, Ella had a rough day, and I expect she'll come out guns a'blazin tomorrow. If she gets hot early and starts feelin it, could be end up being a tight contest.

Kristin throws an easy 4 under to finish at -20 & get a dominating 7 shot win.
Back 2 Back in Waco

I find myself rooting for and caring whether Kristin wins every week less now that she is the face of women's disc golf and gives us the "you can make your dreams come true" speech after every win. I still like her and know she is genuine and respect what she does.

Better putting R3 got her a few extra strokes on the field vs. R1 at Brazos East.

I thought her -7/1031 rated round on Saturday when only seven FPO players were able to break par was pretty impressive, as was her 70% C1x on a windy Waco day that flummoxed most of the rest of the field. Definitely vintage Tattar.

I find myself rooting for and caring whether Kristin wins every week less now that she is the face of women's disc golf and gives us the "you can make your dreams come true" speech after every win. I still like her and know she is genuine and respect what she does.

I really like her, but I also tend to root for the field. Her composure and consistency allows her to play a smart and methodical game that no one else in FPO can currently play. FPO is more exciting to watch when she isn't at her best.

I really like her, but I also tend to root for the field. Her composure and consistency allows her to play a smart and methodical game that no one else in FPO can currently play. FPO is more exciting to watch when she isn't at her best.
I have similar feelings. There's not really a reason to not like her but dominance is not all that exciting.

Now if a few players step up and are challenging her when she is at/near her best that would be exciting.

The post-round interviews are worthless in general. We all know what we saw.

If Evelina putts well, she's the player to beat in 2024. She's currently the best all around thrower off the tee in FPO and perhaps of all time. If she can keep the momentum going on the green, she's the number one contender to beat Kristin this year.

Evelina obviously putt in her reps on the practice basket this winter, which is good to see. I think both she and Ella need to figure out when their distance isn't going to make as much difference and be content with a higher percentage shot. Holyn already seems to be showing that skill.

I have similar feelings. There's not really a reason to not like her but dominance is not all that exciting.

Now if a few players step up and are challenging her when she is at/near her best that would be exciting.
Scoggins shot a better score than Tattar for 3 of the 4 rounds at WACO. Only problem was R3 where Tattar shot 12 strokes better :eek:. Hansen was ahead through 2 rounds as well. A shorter 3 round event will give the challengers a better chance - more of a sprint vs. the 4 round events.

Open at Austin was one of Tattar's only 'bad' results in 2023 finishing off the podium in T5, 6 strokes off the winner.

Scoggins shot a better score than Tattar for 3 of the 4 rounds at WACO. Only problem was R3 where Tattar shot 12 strokes better :eek:. Hansen was ahead through 2 rounds as well. A shorter 3 round event will give the challengers a better chance - more of a sprint vs. the 4 round events.

Open at Austin was one of Tattar's only 'bad' results in 2023 finishing off the podium in T5, 6 strokes off the winner.

Ohn's the best putter in FPO and she knows her long game well, but it's limited.

Evelina obviously putt in her reps on the practice basket this winter, which is good to see. I think both she and Ella need to figure out when their distance isn't going to make as much difference and be content with a higher percentage shot. Holyn already seems to be showing that skill.

I don't think Evelina's issue was lack of practice on her putting game, but that mental block that even the best athletes can experience where they try to think their way through a process instead of simply letting their muscle memory do the work. It seems like she has worked her way through that issue for now.

Holyn did seem to figure that out mid-season. The player I followed at Idlewild last year was not the Holyn I expected to see. She showed a ton of patience, bounce-back ability, and much better decision-making. Ella seems to be showing more of that early this year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her making a similar push this year.

Still, a healthy and focused Kristin will continue to provide a massive challenge for the rest of the field.

I have tons of respect for Kristin. She is so tough mentally, plays smart, and can master all facets of the game. And she is a gracious winner. Having said that, I like the rest of the FPO field and pretty much root for them all to have a good tournament performance. As a whole women's sports seem to be getting much more popular and getting a lot more attention, and that's a good thing.

Mural of the world's best FPO disc golfer, Kristin Tattar, at Raeküla Disc Golf Course near the city of Pärnu in Estonia. Art by kyptik_est.

Art by kryptik_est - https://www.instagram.com/kryptik_est

1710389081659.png

This is a brand new course near her hometown of Pärnu, extremely wooded holes in general.

I just played this course about 10 days ago, here's what's on the other side of this small building 😅

1710389603302.png

Last edited:
Mural of the world's best FPO disc golfer, Kristin Tattar, at Raeküla Disc Golf Course near the city of Pärnu in Estonia. Art by kyptik_est.

Art by kryptik_est - https://www.instagram.com/kryptik_est

View attachment 335243

This is a brand new course near her hometown of Pärnu, extremely wooded holes in general.

I just played this course about 10 days ago, here's what's on the other side of this small building 😅

Hey, wait a second - are you the same guy as DiscGolfFanatic on Reddit?

Holyn is such an incredible thrower of the disc from both sides as well, if I have Evelina as 1 she's my pick for #2 and she definitely is top 10 as a putter as well. Absolutely a favorite at every event this year and Worlds.

Latest posts