• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kristin Tattar #73986

To Henna's credit: she's the only player in position to really challenge Tattar.

Kind of makes you feel bad for Henna. She throws two, 1000 rated rounds, but she's still chasing Kristin. She's gotta be thinking, "What have I got to do?"

Placemats at Chinese restaurants need to be reprinted to show 2022 as, "The Year of the Tattar."

But Henna must still feel fine, she is the ONLY player to keep up. . and its not even close.

it IS the yeay of Kristin. . .but Paige might still get "player of the year" . . but i really HOPE Kristin gets it.

From BNM:
To Henna's credit: she's the only player in position to really challenge Tattar.

Kind of makes you feel bad for Henna. She throws two, 1000 rated rounds, but she's still chasing Kristin. She's gotta be thinking, "What have I got to do?"

Placemats at Chinese restaurants need to be reprinted to show 2022 as, "The Year of the Tattar."

What she has to do is to fix her putting. I think she needs the Mark Ellis program.

With the way she throws the disc, she doesn't need to be a top putter to win regularly. Middle of the road should do just fine.

But Henna must still feel fine, she is the ONLY player to keep up. . and its not even close.

it IS the yeay of Kristin. . .but Paige might still get "player of the year" . . but i really HOPE Kristin gets it.

Why do you say PP will get POY?

Not answering for Jolt, but maybe it's because PP is ranked 2nd on tour and would be the next most likely possibility. Plus she represents diversity and her documentary has the side benefit of promoting disc golf and women's disc golf, not just her.

Last edited:
Not answering for Jolt, but maybe it's because PP is ranked 2nd on tour and would be the next most likely possibility. Plus she represents diversity and her documentary has the side benefit of promoting disc golf and women's disc golf, not just her.

I had to go look. It's been long year. Hard to believe she's got 2 majors and 3 DGPT wins in a "down" year.

As it stands today, I still don't see PP get POY over KT based on this years results thus far, but it is a lot closer than I realized.

There are 2 different POY awards from PDGA and DGPT
PDGA is strictly results at different tier based
https://www.pdga.com/pdga-player-rookie-year/2022

DGPT has a subjective Media vote component along with DGPT event points and results at Majors/DGPT Championship
https://www.dgpt.com/announcements/dgpt-announces-points-and-awards-structure-for-the-2022-season/

Pierce has points from 3 Majors contributing to her healthy lead in the PDGA rankings while Tattar only has 2 Major finishes.

I do not think the DGPT Championship will count towards PDGA POY. Those results would only affect the DGPT POY standings (grouped with Majors). Tattar has a good shot at winning the DGPT POY but it'll be tough to catch up in the PDGA POY standings. With the remaining events - 2 Elite series (GMC & MVP Open) and any A tier(s) (Throw Pink & potentially others in North America before the end of the year??) the points really aren't available for Tattar if Pierce picks up points at any more events.

Well Paige got two mayors and it was alot of talk after worlds if the title was now in Kristins favor. . .but the answer from most was that Kristin need a win or two more to be sure.

But if she wins this weekend i think she has it locked in. . .if Paige does not win the DGPT Championship then i still think Paige gets it.

But Paige is all over the leaderbord this year shes been 1st and 21st
After 2019s Worlds Kristin has been out of the top 3 on the Pro Tour ONCE! ( i think Paige has been out of the top3 19-times in that time)

I like Kristins consistency. . but for some only wins count and if you dont win you can be last

From BNM:

What she has to do is to fix her putting. I think she needs the Mark Ellis program.

With the way she throws the disc, she doesn't need to be a top putter to win regularly. Middle of the road should do just fine.

Completely on board there. She acknowledged putting is the weakest part of her game during the Green Mountain press conference.

Last edited:

DGPT has a subjective Media vote component along with DGPT event points and results at Majors/DGPT Championship
https://www.dgpt.com/announcements/dgpt-announces-points-and-awards-structure-for-the-2022-season/

Pierce has points from 3 Majors contributing to her healthy lead in the PDGA rankings while Tattar only has 2 Major finishes.

I do not think the DGPT Championship will count towards PDGA POY. Those results would only affect the DGPT POY standings (grouped with Majors). Tattar has a good shot at winning the DGPT POY but it'll be tough to catch up in the PDGA POY standings. With the remaining events - 2 Elite series (GMC & MVP Open) and any A tier(s) (Throw Pink & potentially others in North America before the end of the year??) the points really aren't available for Tattar if Pierce picks up points at any more events.

Nice. . but seeing this it seem VERY hard for the Europeans that cant play all the events to ever win this title

When Tattar doesn't win the PDGA award maybe there will be a revolt and they will give out 2 awards since there is precedent for that sort of thing...

When Tattar doesn't win the PDGA award maybe there will be a revolt and they will give out 2 awards since there is precedent for that sort of thing...

Maybe Kristin will donate her worlds board to the POY?

Has she peaked?

I've been wondering this myself. There's not a huge amount of data, but it has been suggested women peak physically in disc golf mid to late 20's.

If we compare strictly numbers for KT 2021 & 2022 are quite similar (respectively in %):
Fairway Hits: 78/75
C1x: 67/75
C2: 18/19

If you look at Kristin's arc in 2022, the biggest difference that I see number wise is her C2 putting.
LVC: 8%
Champion's Cup: 14%
Worlds: 31%
GMC: 41%

I think her game also looks very repeatable. Hyzer FH, Hyzer BH and making putts. She always goes for it, after all she didn't travel 5,000 miles to lay up! Mentally, she's the strongest I've seen in the female division, probably ever. Now that Kristin has stacked up some wins and gained more confidence, she will be even tougher to beat.

I'm anxious to hear how her doctors treat her pinched nerve. I'm not familiar with the surgery option but my understanding is that it's minimally invasive.

Attachments

• BB0703B9-130D-462A-AD7A-9A378A83FF6D.jpg
    BB0703B9-130D-462A-AD7A-9A378A83FF6D.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 43
I've been wondering this myself. There's not a huge amount of data, but it has been suggested women peak physically in disc golf mid to late 20's.

But Discgolf is a very mental sport so when do you peak mentaly?

For pure distance Kristin and even Paige has probably peaked. . a Player like Henna IS going to outdrive Kristin more and more every year. . but Henna has far from the mental strength that Kristin has.

But even Korver has ok FPO distance and Ohn is still in the top. . and both are WAY older than Kristin.

The top 3 today was 30y, 20y and 40y (or close to that , not sure about the exakt age) THAT has to be unusual in sports?

Kristin was magnificent today, but what was equally impressive was the pure joy and fun Ohn was having playing this round!:thmbup:

Death Tater

attachment.php

Attachments

• 331107A6-5793-423C-9A40-08CFA92CF7F4.jpg
    331107A6-5793-423C-9A40-08CFA92CF7F4.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 183

Latest posts