• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lack of good glow putters

Those glow banger-GTs are apparently retailing at $30 a pop. For one. Not sure if thats MSRP or that particular retailer. Regardless, I call BS on that price for a new limited run.

Also, I think I may have been stinkeyed on the one glow wizard I had. It was slick and pop top (super dome in the center of the flight plate). I currently throw a glow voodoo (only for glow rounds) because its flatter and has a similar chalky feel to my normal wizards. I havent tried superglow, but my voodoo doesnt really glow for sh*t compared to any of the z/champ in my bag. Which is not a big deal considering its a putter and its light output is sufficient. FYI I use a 12-LED UV light prior to each throw.

If I were to choose any glow putter I'd give the MVPs a whirl. Always liked my box-dwelling Ion but they overlap my wizards, hence them being wall hangers.

Those glow banger-GTs are apparently retailing at $30 a pop. For one. Not sure if thats MSRP or that particular retailer. Regardless, I call BS on that price for a new limited run...

It's the only run of them you'll ever see. Better to drop $30 a piece now than $60 in a couple years.

They have been out of stock for YEARS. Those soft bangers are CRAP you hit a tree with one good drive and the top is DONE. The last tree soft bangers i had in rotation didnt last a month. I NEED GLO CHALLENGERS DISCRAFT MAKE THEM Z PROD EVERY PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

Glo challengers would be sick. Gimme.

Thanks for chiming in all! I pulled the trigger on a Glow Banger for $33 from sweetspotdiscgolf, but seeing as how rare they are I'm likely going to end up just hoarding it to sell/trade later for awesome goodies instead of throwing it :doh:. Damn my collectors instinct! I'm gonna go with a Glow Magic as it sounds like it's going to fit my style best and be easy to replace without breaking the bank. Now I just need to find someone to trade me one (points to trade thread below, gives puppy dog eyes).

It seems weird to change your putter at night. It's your putter. Whether it's black or blue or glow you should be able to putt it into the basket no matter what the light condition is. If you miss it should be close to the basket.

It seems weird to change your putter at night. It's your putter. Whether it's black or blue or glow you should be able to putt it into the basket no matter what the light condition is. If you miss it should be close to the basket.

I've lost putters under leaves before and spent 15 minutes+ finding them, so a glow putter is worth it for me. If my home course wasn't heavily wooded with a lot of protected baskets and drives where putters are the best disc for the job I'd agree with you 100%.

Thanks for chiming in all! I pulled the trigger on a Glow Banger for $33 from sweetspotdiscgolf, but seeing as how rare they are I'm likely going to end up just hoarding it to sell/trade later for awesome goodies instead of throwing it :doh:. Damn my collectors instinct! I'm gonna go with a Glow Magic as it sounds like it's going to fit my style best and be easy to replace without breaking the bank. Now I just need to find someone to trade me one (points to trade thread below, gives puppy dog eyes).

I putt with a soft Magnet, drive with a soft Ion, and I carry a SSS Magnet for some approaches and short turnovers. For me the Magnet and the Magic are very different in both feel and flight. If I was going to add a Gateway disc for putting(not driving) it would be a Voodoo. If you use a Banger for driving a Wizard would probably work for you.

They have been out of stock for YEARS. Those soft bangers are CRAP you hit a tree with one good drive and the top is DONE. The last tree soft bangers i had in rotation didnt last a month. I NEED GLO CHALLENGERS DISCRAFT MAKE THEM Z PROD EVERY PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

The same event that got the Bangers also made Challengers. You might be able to track a few down thou they are in a "soft" plastic.

I putt with a soft Magnet, drive with a soft Ion, and I carry a SSS Magnet for some approaches and short turnovers. For me the Magnet and the Magic are very different in both feel and flight. If I was going to add a Gateway disc for putting(not driving) it would be a Voodoo. If you use a Banger for driving a Wizard would probably work for you.

How do you putt? Are you more of a push putter or a spin putter? The Magnet behaves very differently for me when using the different styles and I'm most interested in how they compare for push putts.

Are glow challenger posts allowed in here?

You mean like this one 8 posts above yours?

I just picked up a photon glo magnet a month ago used for $20. They are out there you just need to look. I posted in the marketplace i was looking for one.

I'll revive this old thread cause I couldn't find any newer ones. The situation has probably changed a bit since 2012, but I'm still surprised by the lack of options for glow putters.

It's that time of year again and for drivers I prefer LEDs. Putting putters are fine as they are, but for a driving putter I would really like to find a glow Pure or a glow Judge like disc. Any ideas?

I know that Gateway has some Glow putters. Would one of them be close to Pure/Judge?

PS. I don't like the feel of Aviars. ;)

Look at the Voodoo for something close to the Judge. You also have the Vibram option. They're soon to bring out round two so keep your eyes open. My Ibex glows much brighter than any Wizard I own.

The Lightning glo is good but the rubber putter is way too deep for me. It's like throwing a pie pan.

Go for the glow magic or warlock.

. . .for a driving putter I would really like to find a glow Pure or a glow Judge like disc. Any ideas?

I know that Gateway has some Glow putters. Would one of them be close to Pure/Judge?

Hard to beat a Superglow Wizard as a driving putter. Somewhat Judge-like.

I wasn't crazy about the glow-wizard I picked up. I'll usually sing praises for Gateway's putter line on these boards but in this case my putter didn't seem very durable and warped quickly.

Latest posts