• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lamest "lost disc" story?

I love my DX Shark. It is blue and beat into perfection. It is the first disc I ever bought. I have lost it before and managed to find it days later (actually I walked up about to start looking for it days later when some dude found it a that exact moment).

Recently I had an amazing drive with it at Horning's Hideout Meadow Ridge, Hole 9. It requires a hard anhyzer, and the shark was best suited in my bag. I ripped a beautiful drive, following the fairway perfectly. It turned and headed out of sight toward the blind basket. I expected to see it in plain view. Nothing. Gone, completely. I looked for a long time with lots of people and nothing. Days later looked again, nothing.

I have lost (and found) a ton of disc's in my DG career but this was the lamest one for me. I have faith we will be reunited one day, even if its in a future life...

Bought a new Star Destroyer a few years back. Played 1 single round with it and on hole 18 it had parked 30 ft from the basket. Walked up made my putt, picked up my bag and walked off. Realized a hour later I had left it where it landed.

During my first game ever I played at Orchard Park in Hillsboro, OR. I made a put with my Discraft Zone. I then walked away from the basket and then realized a few minutes later I left my disc in the basket. When I went back for it, it was gone.

Thats the problem with that course, too many non-golfers playing golf that dont care or realize you cant just steal peoples disc's. Go to Hornings and play the highland course, so much better than orchards and still beginner level.

I threw my drive in a small pond on #5 at Bear Creek in Grapevine. So I took my Buzzz out of the bag to use to push the "seaweed" out of the way. I proceed to look for my disc and actually find it, but as I reach down to pick it up I dropped the Buzzz. Searched for another hour but with no luck. It had to be right in front of me but....

My brother and I have managed to hold onto the original 3 discs that we ever had. One X2 and two identical XLs. My daughter had one of the XLs that I had let her use for an entire round. She finished the round and got into the car with the disc. We drive over to the restrooms, then go home. Turns out the XL fell out of the car door at the restrooms. We went back but never found it.

Perfect line to be parked on a blind hole. Thrown it hundreds of times, walked up to where it should have been. It wasn't there. Searched for 2 hours and never found it. I wouldn't have looked that long if it was a bad drive or not my favorite driver. But considering it should have been within 5 feet, right out in the open I couldn't shake it off and walk away. The only thing I could come up with was some sort of temporary black hole. There was nobody else out there at the time so someone on the next tee sneaking over and snatching it wasn't possible.

I lost my 4 year old thrashed wizard in a bush. 4 of us watched it go in, for the life of us we couldn't find it. Its going to take a while to get another money disc like that, unless someone wants to sell me a thrashed med/firm wizard?

I'm sure I have better lost disc stories since I've lost a lot over the years...

But I did lose one last night and it was pretty lame.

I was on a downhill hole (#17 at red Arrow) and decided to throw a couple extra for fun. I threw a disc for distance instead of going for the basket and it went way too far and into a creek. Lame.

A friend of mine got his first ace on 4/20/10 with a perfectly beat xcal, had eight people sign it and kept throwing it. Three weeks later he parks a nice drive on hole 17 at River Grove in Kingwood we walk up and he misses the birdie shot and walks away from the ace disc. We were all tied up after 18 so we proceed with playoff holes it was'nt until the third playoff that he went to grab the xcal and it was not there. he turned around and literally ran to 17but it was gone. Walked away from his first ace disc. La la la laaaame.:sick:

Oh yeah he came within a foot of stepping on a copperhead when we were on our way out of the course. that would have been a fitting end to losing an ace disc:thmbdown:

1.) I decided to take my discs out to the beach and practice my drives. I had just bought a destroyer, and was anxious to try it out. My very first throw, I ripped a nice drive. It began to fade, and at the same time a tide came in. The disc landed on the tide, flipped over and rode the wave out into the ocean. I watched it slide seamlessly into the next tide, and disappear forever. :( It was gone, and it never came back.
2.) I was playing at Trophy Lakes in Charleston, SC. I was feeling fairly confident, so I played 10 from the blues. See Map
I had already opted for the red tee's after walking up to 6's blue tee. My ego was feeling good. I threw my hydra, and parked it just in front of the red tee. Rather than sticking with the Hydra, I wanted more D with some finesse. This was not a problem shot, very doable. So, I broke out my Sidewinder, which was broke in to my liking. When I drove, I had a great line. Well... it grazed a small twig off a treebranch. Totally sent it off course, and sent it straight down in the water. I tried to retrieve it, but there was a STEEP & Deep drop off, and it landed just on the other side of the drop off. It was still bubbling when I got to it, so it was deep.

I don't mind, as much, if I lose a disc that goes out in a blaze of glory. The ones where you can take your hat off, and say "You did your best, and I salute you!". But a botched throw?? That just gets me! On the next hole (11), I griplocked a leopard and sent it straight out into the lake. :wall:

Last edited:
I just lost my perfectly seasoned KC Star Wraith in my apartment. I let my son play around with it and a new Green Champ Wraith and I found the green one but the KC... nowhere to be found. It's about 2 years old and just perfectly broken in. Cleaned for 2 hours yesterday but still nowhere to be found. Probably in a toy box somewhere...

Newsflash: Found the KC. It was buried under toys. Thought you'd be happy to know RussMB so we didn't have another lost Wraith in the mix... LOL

Hole 18 Hudson Mills Monster course. Finishing up a league round in the dark. The hole is blind, 290' and requires an anny shot that finishes back a little left. There is a creek to the right, and a nasty swamp directly in front of the tee about 150 off that continues and widens all the way past the basket. I throw my favorite disc, champ 11x teebird, and know right out of my hand it is headed deep into the swamp. I didn't even bother to look for the bastard. Lame. So, I have to re-tee for the lost disc. Make a shot that should be just on the fairway with my second favorite disc, first run stalker, bright orange this time. Saw it hit the ground, which is difficult in the dark, especially on that particular hole. Never found that one, either. Double lame. Double circle six to end a round that was lackluster to begin with. Triple lame.

Not so lame is that someone found the teebird and called me about returning the disc. Sweet

Hole 17 at Fallasburg Park, Lowell MI. 800+ footer with tall grass on each side of a narrow fairway. we were drunker than we should have been and my friend lost his whole bag of discs because he couldn't remember where every shot went after waiting for the rest of the group to throw. Yes, he even lost his putter when he was down to that as his last disc and had to use it as a midrange.

Newsflash: Found the KC. It was buried under toys. Thought you'd be happy to know RussMB so we didn't have another lost Wraith in the mix... LOL

Hahaha! I know thats right! They like to hide! I guess that's why they are called a Wraith! lol So far, I've still managed to hang on to mine! :thmbup: I guess I'll contribute my Wraith story here. One of them!

I was throwing at my practice field, and hooked my Wraith on my finger just right. It flew like an Anhyzer, Probably went 400 ft in total. (I'm not counting it.) It made a 90degree right hand turn, and landed right in the middle of a pond. A pond that I had never even come close to, up till then and since. I keep waiting for the pond to dry up a little bit to see if I can retrieve it. So far it's down about 2 feet since it went into the pond. I'm starting to see the bottom.

I've lost 4 Wraiths so far. I've bought 6. I still have 2.

Last edited:
i disc with my buddy all the time and he is just terrible at remembering what he threw... he lost a 11x champion eagle and we were getting ready to throw on hole #13 on top of a hill and you can see the other side of the hill when you throw we watched someone get an ace on a par 3 192 ft shot we congradulated them and it turned out the disc that he didn't even know he lost was the eagle the person found in the basket at hole 8 crazy story if you ask me and really dumb on his part.

Threw my Pro Wraith on a approx 350' placed it about 30-40 ft from the pin, but to the right in the brush. Next shot was from some high grass with some moderate brush, so a straight putt wasn't a possibility. Hyzer putted and sank it from 30-40ft.

Two or three groups near me all shouted "nice putt!" "Great shot dude!" etc. Anyways I was so stoked I just up and left my Wraith tucked in said brush, totally forgot about it.

Was gone when I came threw the following game.

my one and only lost disc was a beat dx valk, i threw it in waist deep water and waded for 45 minutes. i found 32 other discs but never found that dx valk which still bugs me for some reason.

my one and only lost disc was a beat dx valk, i threw it in waist deep water and waded for 45 minutes. i found 32 other discs but never found that dx valk which still bugs me for some reason.

32 discs? Chances are, 6 of those were Valks anyway.