• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 disc selection question

Bradford

Par Member
Is there a Lat 64 disc that would be similar to an leopard? I'm wanting to buy a champ leopard to replace my dx leopard but i really like my othe Lat disc and was curious. Thanks in advance.

Yep, the River.
That's the closest thing they have to the Lep.
The River is money, great glide, slow but you can get distance out of it.
Both Gold line and Opto line will work.
I have several Rivers and the stability varies between GL and OL.
the domier they are the more glide they'll have.
Try it, you might like it! :p

What about the Diamond? I thought that a light Leopard is about the same as this.

I've never thrown a Diamond, but from what I've read and heard from those that have thrown them, the Diamond won't be anything like a Lep.
Maybe more like an understable Valk?

Go with the River!

My little brother has a Champ KC 148g cheetah which is pretty close to a diamond. Cheetah is pretty similar to a leopard and even a vision in lower weights would be a good higher speed replacement. River seems more like a beat-in valk or domey sidewinder.

when i picked up my diamond i was expecting it to be the latitude version of my 150 class gummy leopard. not really the case. i haven't thrown a 150 class valk, just heavier ones but i'd maybe liken it to a beat in 150 valk. i could crank my 150 gummy leopard out on a hyzer line and it would lock in flat and just glide dead straight. if i throw that same shot with my diamond it will lock straight for a bit and then turn over. not that it's a bad thing, there are definitely times when that reverse s shot works wonders, just not exactly what i was expecting coming from a leopard. if you throw it flat with a nice smooth release (aka not trying to crush it) the diamond will take a nice gentle s line. lots of d without a lot of effort if you can get the throw down.

Got me a gold lime 176 river. It's red and gold shift color. I'm going to post a picture of it tomorrow in the Lat thread and probably here also. Thanks for the help guys.

River. But probably a light Opto or GL. Check PLH also. I've got a 162 GL River that is Leoardlike, but my 169 Opto is more Teebird like. Even Latitude is damned inconsistent!

Bradford, if it's too understable, get a lighter domey GL one. My heavy red shifts are very flat and very understable. They're great for turnovers and I carry one for certain shots but I much prefer the domey ones in the 168-171 range for straight with a little fade.

Here is a picture of what I bought, the flash sucks but you can still see the coloring.

04aca78f.jpg

The 172 I have in the same color shift is more like a Gazelle with tons of glide. I think the lighter ones are more Leo like as others have said. I just started throwing them and I am hooked on Latitude now. I am makeing a Latitude only bag for the rest of the season.

Latest posts