• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Jade

Looks nice, good color! Should get you to your 350' target easier than your Wraith, I would think.
Great disc! Thanks for the recommendation. Broke the 350 foot mark but was off to the right if the target.. But I'm not worried since it was just field work!

Definitely a great disc to grab if your diamond is turning over. The Jade seems to always fight back, even with my horrid form.

Great disc! Thanks for the recommendation. Broke the 350 foot mark but was off to the right if the target.. But I'm not worried since it was just field work!

Definitely a great disc to grab if your diamond is turning over. The Jade seems to always fight back, even with my horrid form.

Yeah, they're neat. I threw my buddy's again at a field the other day and I think I'm going to buy one. Might have a use for it on shorter holes and as a finesse tunnel shot disc, or even as a slightly understable fairway driver. I can see it replacing my champion Roadrunner and maybe being more versatile.

I'd rate the stability right there with the Saint (not Saint Pro). The Jade has a decent fade and does long hyzers fairly well, but once you get it turned over on a flat-anhyzer release, it's not coming back. Fade offsetting turn is only enough to get it to pan out, still finishing well right of center.

Really enjoying this disc, it is my go to thrower on almost all holes. As a noodle arm, maxing out at 350 and average around 300 this 153g Jade is hitting my sweet spot. I came from a Diamond at 147g and was turning and burning on me.

Recommend the Jade to all beginners and intermediate throwers around 300-350 ft. Surpasses my 146g blizzard Wraith, which was my max distance disc prior.

Don't throw it into a head wind though, it will turn and burn. Really sweet disc and I will probably use it as my only driver for a while to practice the release angles. After that, I'm going for a light weight Wave.

bump

Tweaked my back and recovering and wanted to try out some lighter drivers when I start playing. Do people still like the Jade? I grabbed a 157g Gold Line from my dad to test out.

That and the Diamond are both good discs. I got a couple opto Diamonds and an opto Jade. Easy distance, just gotta be smooth.

I recently went back to a Jade, which I had used early on, and then went on to a Saint. Saint was and still is great but I am getting more distance from the Jade; 155g Gold Line. It's a great disc.

The Jade in my son's go to driver. I've never thrown it myself, but I play with him all the time. I know how he throws, and know his bag backward and forward.
The Jade has a decent fade and does long hyzers fairly well, but once you get it turned over on a flat-anhyzer release, it's not coming back. Fade offsetting turn is only enough to get it to pan out, still finishing well right of center.
This is what I've seen. Good distance, nice glide, reliable fade... but don't throw really hard or into into anything more than a light headwind. There's nothing subtle about it when it turns over. Once the Jade gets turned, it seems to give up on any thought of fighting back.

It's as if it listens to Yoda when it comes to turn:
"Do or do not. There is no try."

Last edited:
Thanks! Any major differences in flight between Gold and Opto Line?

It's really great to see the Jade getting some attention here. A 157g Opto Jade is one of my most used drivers, it and my 168g Goldline River. These two drivers make up about 98% of my driver usage. I use the River in windier conditions. I have a like new 155g Goldline Jade that I traded into with another player but I haven't really tried to throw it much yet, my old Opto Jade is so beat in, I just love it. Thank God it's white and fairly easy to spot, I've spent a lot of time looking for it, no way am I going to leave it on the course.:D