• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

yeah I never wanted any anny out of it.....never mentioned that one bit. Pa4 is $ for anhyzers and im not wanting a change in that. I got a Glow Pa3 thats working just fine as a straight flyer for short range. But if the Pure was ever given a re-tooling, I could see it being perfect

But if the Pure was ever given a re-tooling, I could see it being perfect

It's darn near perfect now. No need to retool. Now if they want to put out a new mold that takes care of what you're looking for, that'll be fine. But leave the Pure alone! :)

Medium shields feel like a slightly meatier pure. A little taller. Its got a bead as much as a pure has a bead. Hard shields feel a lot deeper as well as the premium plastics.

Sorry, guess I misunderstood what you were saying. To me, shields and pures are the perfect complement to each other. Shield fades a little more but holds straight and doesn't turn, pures turn a little bit and fade less. Both in medium plastic. They feel almost identical to me. Shield is just a little deeper. Medium shields want to fight out of Anny near the end.
yeah I never wanted any anny out of it.....never mentioned that one bit. Pa4 is $ for anhyzers and im not wanting a change in that. I got a Glow Pa3 thats working just fine as a straight flyer for short range. But if the Pure was ever given a re-tooling, I could see it being perfect

Its all good. Actually I got out with the Pure again. It really is a great disc. I think I was just powering it too much hence the anny lines.

But if I throw with more control its a nice short range glider.

That's kind of weird. The Opto Pures I have are all stable line-holders that could take all the power I could ever give them. Half the time I could throw the Pures farther than my mids.

That's kind of weird. The Opto Pures I have are all stable line-holders that could take all the power I could ever give them. Half the time I could throw the Pures farther than my mids.

Yup.

My Optos never turned over on flat or slight hyzer releases (unless there was a headwind). Then again, I've never thrown a Pure farther than 275' (on flat land). Monster power might get it to leak understable.

I do prefer Zero Mediums over Opto/GL for my Pures now. Amazing grip and more durable than I ever thought they would be.

Yup.

My Optos never turned over on flat or slight hyzer releases (unless there was a headwind). Then again, I've never thrown a Pure farther than 275' (on flat land). Monster power might get it to leak understable.

I do prefer Zero Mediums over Opto/GL for my Pures now. Amazing grip and more durable than I ever thought they would be.

Yup, same here at or a little beyond 300'. Any turnover was my fault or wind aided.

Must be my grip but the mediums tore the hell out of my knuckle. I had to stop throwing them.

Yup, same here at or a little beyond 300'. Any turnover was my fault or wind aided.

Must be my grip but the mediums tore the hell out of my knuckle. I had to stop throwing them.

I've had to sand down monster flashing from every Pure I've owned. A 120 grit sanding block takes off of the big stuff and then a 180 grit is for touch-ups. I won't throw any disc unitl the bottom is silky smooth.

I have the same problem with Optos and the GL. I use tape to keep it from getting too bad. Hurts so good baby.

I'm really loving the Grip Pure.

To me it is really close to a Gstar / Snow plastic. Someone said it would be of lesser quality, but I just don't see that. I've been throwing mine since the day they re-released them and it is holding up really well. Any Zero version would be so banged up by now that it would hurt my eyes.

Stability-wise it's also perferct. I guess it's close to a new Opto. I can throw it full power and get no turn and practically no fade.

I finally found a heavy Opto Pure after looking for most of 6 months and I must say that I am impressed. The thing just goes straight. A little hyzer and it will hold the line all the way to the ground. I little turn likewise. It is rapidly becoming the only disc I reach for between 75-200'. I finally found a replacement for the Champion Classic Roc that Innova refuses to make anymore.

I've had to sand down monster flashing from every Pure I've owned. A 120 grit sanding block takes off of the big stuff and then a 180 grit is for touch-ups. I won't throw any disc unitl the bottom is silky smooth.

Just got my second Opto Pure and fourth Pure overall. Guess it's my good luck that none of them have had any flashing at all...

Of all the pures I've had I have never seen any flashing. I will say my opaque opto pure was money I wish my new clear opto pure flew like my old. :(

Last edited:
Just wanted to stop by here and say that on Monday I was at Maple Hill and picked up my first two Pures out of curiosity (for putting not driving). Zero Hard and Medium...

latest

I have a medium that I have been putting with and a grip line in the mail to use as for driving and up shots.