• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

Are the zero hards any more stable than the mediums? out of the box my medium was the stability I was looking for, but got beat up in just a few days. I probably will end up with an opto, although I much prefer the baseline feel on throwing putters

Are the zero hards any more stable than the mediums? out of the box my medium was the stability I was looking for, but got beat up in just a few days. I probably will end up with an opto, although I much prefer the baseline feel on throwing putters

My experience with my Wardens and Judges is that they start out about the same in Classic (hard) and Classic Blend (equivalent of Zero Hard and Zero Medium, respectively). The Mediums/Blends do beat in fast, as you said...

Funny, I've never really had my Zero Mediums season in faster than I wanted. First one lasted almost 3 years till I pulled it out the bag (the bottom edge was gouged/bent enough I had trouble with releasing) and the second one has 2 years on it and is still my straight Pure. I do know guys that have flippy Soft Pures after a few months of use.

Funny, I've never really had my Zero Mediums season in faster than I wanted. First one lasted almost 3 years till I pulled it out the bag (the bottom edge was gouged/bent enough I had trouble with releasing) and the second one has 2 years on it and is still my straight Pure. I do know guys that have flippy Soft Pures after a few months of use.

I should clarify my above post that when I say a Medium/Blend beats in "fast", I mean it loses its fade pretty quickly and just flies straight. Doesn't become flippy/understable all that fast, though.

I should clarify my above post that when I say a Medium/Blend beats in "fast", I mean it loses its fade pretty quickly and just flies straight. Doesn't become flippy/understable all that fast, though.
Now that is a statement I can get behind. And that's the reason I love that plastic, if I want a stable Pure I throw my Envy!

When using a Pure for putting purposes only, what plastic has everyone used and what is your favorite?

In looking at the information about them on a certain website it give the following numbers in terms of durability/softness/grip:
Zero MegaSoft 4/9/7
Zero Soft 4/8/9
Zero Medium 4/7/8
Zero Hard 3/4/7
Retro 4/6/7
Opto 8/4/4
Gold Line 7/4/5

Do these numbers seem about right to you?

I thought as the plastic got softer the durability would go down. I have used a Medium, wished it was a little more grippy, and it seemed get beat up pretty quickly. If the Soft would hold up just as well then I might as well be using it to get my extra grip.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

TripleB

All baseline plastics are going to look beat up pretty quickly if you're putting with them. Scuffs, dings, etc. However, you could putt for years with a baseline putter and have no real noticeable change in flight characteristics when putting.
Your medium will likely get a bit grippier as you use it more. Additionally, every so often I give my putters a bath in soapy water and it removes some of the dirt and grime and restores some of that tack. Works quite well.
You may like soft, but I found that in warmer temps it was just too malleable.

I'm a big fan of Zero Medium plastic. Doesn't get rock hard in the winter or too soft in the summer. Good grip that does get better in time. It does give the appearance of dinging early on but once the surface takes impacts (or is prestressed), it becomes tougher and more resilient.

Your medium will likely get a bit grippier as you use it more. Additionally, every so often I give my putters a bath in soapy water and it removes some of the dirt and grime and restores some of that tack. Works quite well.
You may like soft, but I found that in warmer temps it was just too malleable.

Thanks for the feedback on the baseline plastics and the tip on restoring them to their more grippy self!!!

As mush as I love Pures, I just cannot putt with them. They are basically my shorter Buzzz/Truth/Core whatever.

That's the way I became with my Pure, but after looking at it side by side my Ringer and seeing they are almost identical as far as height is concerned, I'm thinking of giving my Zero Medium another shot.

I bought a Zero Medium for putting but found that I loved it a lot more off the tee and as an approach disc. I then ordered a Opto so that as I used it off the tee and as an approach disc it didn't get beat all to pieces. My absolute perfect approach disc...straight on a hyzer or an anhyzer and with the Opto plastic it stops pretty quickly.

I'm a big fan of Zero Medium plastic. Doesn't get rock hard in the winter or too soft in the summer. Good grip that does get better in time. It does give the appearance of dinging early on but once the surface takes impacts (or is prestressed), it becomes tougher and more resilient.

Thanks for that insight on the Medium Plastic. Lost my first one (straight as an arrow 250 foot grip lock right into a large creek) and haven't had my second long enough to have the grip get any more tacky yet.

TripleB

Yeah try the baseline ones for putting. I agree with everyone on that, and that the Trilogy baseline can look dinged up immediately on putts. But it's also way more cosmetic than it seems. After a few weeks it will be consistently dinged up and look ok, but after the first few putting sessions they look surprisingly beat or junky. It doesn't matter at all though.

When using a Pure for putting purposes only, what plastic has everyone used and what is your favorite?

In looking at the information about them on a certain website it give the following numbers in terms of durability/softness/grip:
Zero MegaSoft 4/9/7
Zero Soft 4/8/9
Zero Medium 4/7/8
Zero Hard 3/4/7
Retro 4/6/7
Opto 8/4/4
Gold Line 7/4/5

Do these numbers seem about right to you?

I thought as the plastic got softer the durability would go down. I have used a Medium, wished it was a little more grippy, and it seemed get beat up pretty quickly. If the Soft would hold up just as well then I might as well be using it to get my extra grip.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

TripleB

I don't think the Medium and Soft are more durable than the Hard, but it's picking nits when it comes to numbers like those.

I have a couple of Zero Hard Pures, and use them when I rock an all-Lat64 bag for a fun "change of pace" round. The Pure is a good putter for me, though I am now used to the Warden and Deputy as my main putters.

Edited to add: agree about washing them to get any residue off for better grippiness.

Last edited:
I don't think the Medium and Soft are more durable than the Hard, but it's picking nits when it comes to numbers like those.

Thanks for that information!

There's about 5 inches of snow on the ground right now, and still snowing, so I've been having a "putt off" with all my putters inside today from about 15 to 30 feet.

The Pure putters have been the clear winner...currently loving both the Pure Opto (174g) and the Pure Zero Hard (173g). The Opto feels better in the hand, and I like the fact that it shows absolutely no wear (of course, since I'll only be putting with it that shouldn't be a big deal), while the Zero Hard seems to come out of the hand just a bit smoother (sometimes too smooth), but both have been almost near perfect from inside 30'. Just need to make a decision, pick up a couple more, and get to practicing!!!

TripleB

5 inches in NC? Damm

Pures are fast but great. Someone (I think koda) dubbed them as mini buzzes and its seemingly true.

Thanks for that information!

There's about 5 inches of snow on the ground right now, and still snowing, so I've been having a "putt off" with all my putters inside today from about 15 to 30 feet.

The Pure putters have been the clear winner...currently loving both the Pure Opto (174g) and the Pure Zero Hard (173g). The Opto feels better in the hand, and I like the fact that it shows absolutely no wear (of course, since I'll only be putting with it that shouldn't be a big deal), while the Zero Hard seems to come out of the hand just a bit smoother (sometimes too smooth), but both have been almost near perfect from inside 30'. Just need to make a decision, pick up a couple more, and get to practicing!!!

TripleB

Yep, we got our once-a-year snowblast here in the ATL, too. I'm just catching up on my writing, and waiting for FedEx to bring me my disc orders. Pures are great putters if one practices with then and gets used to them.

Latest posts