• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

Man, those discs look sweet. Wish I had one, but I would probably never throw it. I gotta say the opto is good enough for me anyway. Mine just got to the point where the low speed stability is beaten out. It just goes straight. No fade. It's smashing! Holds anny, hyzer, no problems. I do have to say that it's less forgiving because of that, haha. But truly the first disc I have owned to give me this experience. Just release it at the angle you want.

Wasn't a fan of the opto pure, not as stable at high speeds or stiff as I prefer. Been loving my seasoned zh pure. Great plastic, straight at low speed, turns over slowly and predictably at high speeds, rolls well, very comfortable in hand if you like lower profile discs. I would recommend it to anybody as a straight flying putter or thrower for upshots and drives.

Wasn't a fan of the opto pure, not as stable at high speeds or stiff as I prefer. Been loving my seasoned zh pure. Great plastic, straight at low speed, turns over slowly and predictably at high speeds, rolls well, very comfortable in hand if you like lower profile discs. I would recommend it to anybody as a straight flying putter or thrower for upshots and drives.

If you want more beef try a 400S PA2. The pink one I've been throwing lately has been a great beefier complement to my neutral Opto Pures. Very similar glide but with a decent fade that's stronger than the domey RGL Pures. They're great in the baseline 300S plastic too.

If you want more beef try a 400S PA2. The pink one I've been throwing lately has been a great beefier complement to my neutral Opto Pures. Very similar glide but with a decent fade that's stronger than the domey RGL Pures. They're great in the baseline 300S plastic too.

I felt one and it felt kind of like a slightly taller xd or even kind of like a zone. I heard you can bomb as fast as you like it and it will definitely not turn and has healthy fade, more than a fresh wizard. What is your experience?

I heard you can bomb as fast as you like it and it will definitely not turn and has healthy fade, more than a fresh wizard.

This is pretty much it. It's glidey, very resistant to turn, and beefier than a Wizard but in no way too overstable that'll you'll sacrifice distance (like I do with a Zone). Much like with the Pure, there isn't a huge stability difference between plastics either.

300S is hands down the best baseline plastic I've ever felt and is phenomenal in the wet. The yellow color bleeds if that's at all a concern to you. My first round with my 300S was at my local pitch and putt with gravel-riddled fairways (unfortunately my home course). It showed a lot of damage in the rim that round, but it still flies like new after many rounds. It has also stopped showing any more damage, even after throwing several rounds at the previously mentioned course.

The 400S plastic is grippy too for a premium plastic. It's held up the same as, if not better than, my Opto Pure so far. I only have a handful of rounds with it.

a little confused...i rip on the opto (and mine has seen quite a few trees; i play at least 18 a day and it's basically my go-to disc) and there isn't any turn whatsoever.

i don't have a huge arm, but i know i can put it out to about 300 with enough height. it's funny, because i can't throw my fairways or mids too much farther than that, but anyway . . . did i get a freakishly neutral one? it doesn't seem to matter how soft OR hard i throw it; now that it's nicely seasoned it just goes on whatever line it started on.

a little confused...i rip on the opto (and mine has seen quite a few trees; i play at least 18 a day and it's basically my go-to disc) and there isn't any turn whatsoever.

i don't have a huge arm, but i know i can put it out to about 300 with enough height. it's funny, because i can't throw my fairways or mids too much farther than that, but anyway . . . did i get a freakishly neutral one? it doesn't seem to matter how soft OR hard i throw it; now that it's nicely seasoned it just goes on whatever line it started on.

Yours might be different than mine, or we throw differently somehow. I have to give mine some healthy hyzer or it will turn and not come back on a 250' toss. Mine is a 175 opto identical in feel to my buddy's that i held.

Yours might be different than mine, or we throw differently somehow. I have to give mine some healthy hyzer or it will turn and not come back on a 250' toss. Mine is a 175 opto identical in feel to my buddy's that i held.

Care to give some extra details about your Pure? Weight sticker? Printed weight? Color? I stockpiled pinks from the first run, along with some other colors. A friend of mine has a couple magentas from the next run, and they fly the same as my pinks.

Mine has been in my bag going on almost a year now, and it's my main thrower (thrown off at least 16 tees) at the gravel course I mentioned above. It's probably seen four rounds a week at least there since I bagged it, on top of the other courses I play. It's lost most of its fade but retained almost all of its HSS. It's a perfect straight line stunner.

I was never a fan of beardless putters til i realized i needed a driving putter. My backhand still needs some work but after field throwing i am seeing why everyone loves this dis so much. I have a max weight orange opto and the thing just goes straight on a flat release and just keeps on moving the glide is amazing to watch, and now when i throw my judges i can hyzer flip and they go just as far. If anything the opto pure has finally gotten my backhand to a point where i can get my putters where they need to go if my forehand driving cant. So stoked to take this on a course

Care to give some extra details about your Pure? Weight sticker? Printed weight? Color? I stockpiled pinks from the first run, along with some other colors. A friend of mine has a couple magentas from the next run, and they fly the same as my pinks.

Mine has been in my bag going on almost a year now, and it's my main thrower (thrown off at least 16 tees) at the gravel course I mentioned above. It's probably seen four rounds a week at least there since I bagged it, on top of the other courses I play. It's lost most of its fade but retained almost all of its HSS. It's a perfect straight line stunner.

I am with you.

I have a older pink with gold stamp that was stickered weight.
20120726_184329.jpg

That has seen heavy use all year and is pretty thrashed. Still flies stable out to 300' or so. It only turns if I really give it a nose down rip or put a little anny on it. Generally it flies very straight with a very soft fade.

I also just picked up a brand new day-glo greenish yellow that is a printed weight, flies the same but with a hefty fade being that it is brand new.

My RGL is domier than both Optos and still flies exactly like them. I have found them to be very consistent across all plastics.

Stroke savers these things are.. :thmbup:

I was never a fan of beardless putters til i realized i needed a driving putter. My backhand still needs some work but after field throwing i am seeing why everyone loves this dis so much. I have a max weight orange opto and the thing just goes straight on a flat release and just keeps on moving the glide is amazing to watch, and now when i throw my judges i can hyzer flip and they go just as far. If anything the opto pure has finally gotten my backhand to a point where i can get my putters where they need to go if my forehand driving cant. So stoked to take this on a course

Pure is a Beaded Putter.

Dont even argue it. It is.

how many of you use your pure's for actual putting?

i picked up a couple zero hards the other day and they absolutely awesome for driving, love the plastic as well. I was trying to putt with them as well and it was a bit rough to say the least, not sure why.

I'm used to using challengers but i cant stand most of the D plastic and the newer runs are just inconsistent. I love the older soft apx II plastic but since that's OOP, i've been looking at other discs for putting. love the lower profile, flatness, and plastic of the pure, can't stand deeper rimmed, beaded putters.

how many of you use your pure's for actual putting?

i picked up a couple zero hards the other day and they absolutely awesome for driving, love the plastic as well. I was trying to putt with them as well and it was a bit rough to say the least, not sure why.

I'm used to using challengers but i cant stand most of the D plastic and the newer runs are just inconsistent. I love the older soft apx II plastic but since that's OOP, i've been looking at other discs for putting. love the lower profile, flatness, and plastic of the pure, can't stand deeper rimmed, beaded putters.

I made the switch from Challengers (after 6 years) to Pures this year for putting AND driving.

Left me with a fat stack of stiff D and Z Challengers in my bedroom.

Anyway, I am a push putter and I found the Pure to fit my hand (I too like that it is a slimmer profile) and fly better on a Push than the Challenger, while not sacrificing much in terms of stability off the tee when comparing Z challengers to Opto Pures.

I also putt with Zero Hards. I can't really explain it, but my putting has made an incredible jump in consistency since switching to Pures this year.

Last edited:
I switched from Judges to Pures (both soft) for putting duties and have been loving it. They grab the chains well too. Since I switched, 4 of my last 5 rated rounds have been higher than my current rating. They've also increased my percentage of jump putts made as well. I also use a pink Opto for driving duties and it's been working out so far. (3 Aces with it in July alone :D) I'm a mix of push/spin putter for what it's worth.

Oh no! :sick:
was it a Mr. Greed stamp?

Thankfully, no. It was my favorite upshot putter though, man could it hold a line... The worst part is that I threw it on the 4th hole on Golds, which is about a 5' side to side alley, downhill with water behind the pin. Perfect shot, straight as an arrow towards the pin... Just a few inches high... Right into the water.

No guts no glory I guess. At least she went out doing what she did best.

I putt exclussively with pures. admittedly, putting is the weakest part of my game, but I'm best when using a pure. I've used every plastic and I prefer the Zero Softs, but i am warming up to the Zero Hards. Optos are good putting if you have a gummier opto, but sometimes in cold weather they get slick and slide through chains easy.

(i lied... sometimes I will carry a D Zone if it's rainy/windy)

Latest posts