• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Lat 64 Teebird?

Druid

Par Member
I'm throwing more of the Lat 64 discs (Westside and DD as well)lately and I was wondering what the closest thing to a Teebird would be. My Teebird is a 12x Champion that is unusually flat on top and I tend to throw it around 400' at close to full power. I release it on a slight hyzer, since it tends to flip a little at very high speeds. The main reason I want a replacement is because it's dyed red and yellow and it's incredibly difficult to find at times. I've spent many hours searching for that Teebird, and I know it would be the next best thing to impossible to replace.

I used to have a GL Saint, and I remember it being pretty flippy. My technique has improved since then though, so it might work now. I also threw a Lucid Escape and that seemed pretty sweet. I only got one throw in with it though...
The Westside Stag seems interesting, since it's reportedly less stable that the numbers would suggest.

Anyways, some help with the best match with a Teebird would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure there's not an exact match, but it would be nice to have something pretty similar.

I don't think Lat makes anything much like the teebird, to be fair most other companys don't have a Teebird besides Innova

Just try a teebird in different weights and plastics. There is no replacement for the wonder that is the teebird. At least tthats what i hear. I throw them and i haven't ever thought about trying to find something to replace it. Ever. Never. U r limiting yourself if u r set on just one company or group of companies. If it works, throw it.

Last edited:
I have been trying with no luck (the stag is not it)
I just bought a new teebird 2 says ago.

They don't make anything like a teebird, but I'd say a saint is the closest thing they make. Even though it's not identical...it's still pretty awesome

None by lat as of yet. You definitely need to try a rival if you support legacy, they're every little bit as awesome as teebirds. Same flights.

Lat doesn't make Teebirds

Lat does make Stag, Striker, Saint

It's funny to me how people look for a teebird and are looking everywhere other than... the teebird. If you want a teebird, throw a gard dang teebird.

It's funny to me how people look for a teebird and are looking everywhere other than... the teebird. If you want a teebird, throw a gard dang teebird.

The problem there is most tee birds for the past few years have been wildly inconsistent with major domes. Recently I've seen some nice tee birds that are truly molded to their flight ratings but who knows when ordering online.

My solution instead of hunting 11x CAL birds and spending $30 a pop was to check out the Legacy Rival. It turned out that the rival is every bit a teebird and come from the manufacturer with the best blends of plastic IMO. Pinnacle, icon and sparkle/legend are amazing discs with very little variance in flight.

So, if you're not bonded to Lat, and want a teebird that's not a teebird( but is much easier to find a replacement for), get a Rival :thmbup:

i have never tried throwing a rival but my patriot has made me a fan of legacy. i guess i gotta try a rival now.

I would agree that I have not thrown anything from Latitude thatnis really exactly like a Teebird. The closest you'll get is a heavy Opto Saint or try a heavy VIP Westside Stag. But they both seem to have more wiggle or turn than the nice 11x KC Pro Teebirds I used to throw. If you are flipping a Teebird, you'll probably flip the Saint and the Stag too. Either work on your form, or maybe try a PD. People tend to love them as a next step Teebird replacement.

The problem there is most tee birds for the past few years have been wildly inconsistent with major domes. Recently I've seen some nice tee birds that are truly molded to their flight ratings but who knows when ordering online.

My solution instead of hunting 11x CAL birds and spending $30 a pop was to check out the Legacy Rival. It turned out that the rival is every bit a teebird and come from the manufacturer with the best blends of plastic IMO. Pinnacle, icon and sparkle/legend are amazing discs with very little variance in flight.

So, if you're not bonded to Lat, and want a teebird that's not a teebird( but is much easier to find a replacement for), get a Rival :thmbup:

except it has no glide. It is super straight but doesnt go very far. I was bummed on the Rival, got it in the winter and thought it had something to do with the cold why it wasnt gliding at all. Tried it out again mid spring and still no glide. Maybe its the plastic and a Icon one will have better glide. Took it out to a field recently and was putting my gazelles on the same line but 30-40' farther.

Striker, Northman, and Escape are straight and long but not as stable (straight) as a teebirds flight.

i have never tried throwing a rival but my patriot has made me a fan of legacy. i guess i gotta try a rival now.

You won't regret it. Try an icon and a sparkle.
The icon is a dead flat star teebird replacement and the sparkle has a beefy 11x teebird flight. Both are so $$$

except it has no glide. It is super straight but doesnt go very far. I was bummed on the Rival, got it in the winter and thought it had something to do with the cold why it wasnt gliding at all. Tried it out again mid spring and still no glide. Maybe its the plastic and a Icon one will have better glide. Took it out to a field recently and was putting my gazelles on the same line but 30-40' farther.

Striker, Northman, and Escape are straight and long but not as stable (straight) as a teebirds flight.

Se I've only thrown pinnacle a few times. The icon does have a bit more glide.
I actually love that it doesn't have a ton of glide though. I like that rivals can handle winds better than teebird be teebs do have a touch more glide. Also the teebs I liked to throw we're all the most OS I could find so that could account for my lack of familiarity with the glidier ones.

I also love that every rival that I have thrown has zero turn. I'm a fairly power thrower and I'm not very good at letting discs do their natural flight. I much prefer forcing stable discs on lines and letting the stability do the work from there. But that's just me.

Go rival!

I don't have much experience throwing Teebirds, but based on what I've seen, even a max weight VIP Stag has a bit more turn than Teebirds, and the fade is both more substantial and kicks in earlier, so you don't get as long and straight a flight prior to the fade. A max weight Opto River might do the trick - I actually have one on the way to audition for this very purpose.

If you can find Metal Flake CFRs with a 2013 tourney stamp (last years are domier/gummier), they are flat, firm and 0 | 2. I wouldn't recommend for 300' arms.

But you're right, all of last year's stock Star and Champ TBs were TALL and stupid domey. They fly stable enough, but the feel weird in the hand and suck/have lots of drag/slow down and come up short in the wind.

I really regret not getting one I saw in bins last fall. Looked like a champy star mix with that sparkly/metallic Star they used for CFR discs for a couple NT events. It was SICK, but I got a 1.1 SOLF instead.

OP - Lat doesn't have a Teebird. I think it's a fault from them always going for max. glide. It's hard to do max glide AND get really good HSS. This is why the Teebird is so mythical. Look at the Rival, C-Line FD, MAYBE the Ace Race disc? IDK. Or just get a Teebird. I really don't understand all the people who want a Teebird, but only if it doesn't say "Teebird" on it...

This was the biggest problem I had with it too. The Icon isn't a whole lot better than the Pinnacle unfortunately. The Patriot though...wonderful!

no flat striker lovers out there? I remember the old runs being pretty darn close to a stable TB with almost no HSS turn and hardly any fade after being seasoned a bit... The domey ones were beefy but haven't had a striker in a whiiiiile.

Latest posts