• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 throwers??

recommended starter lat bag?

No, here's what I'd recommend for someone learning to play.

Driver: Gold line Flow
Control Driver: Gold line Striker & River
Mid overstable & utility: xXx
Mid: Fuse (max weight)
Putter: Zero line Pure
If you want a driving putter, get a grip line pure (more durable).

This is in accordance to someone with at least decent form, otherwise no matter what you throw, you'll more likely end up not liking it and possibly blaming the disc ;)

Also, notice two things: one, all plastic expect for two disc, are gold line b/c opto plastic are more stable than gold line thus less distance. Two, all but one disc are stable or understable b/c stable & understable disc will want to stay in the air longer than overstable disc, thereby, giving you more distance which equates to having fun :popcorn:

No, here's what I'd recommend for someone learning to play.

Driver: Gold line Flow
Control Driver: Gold line Striker & River
Mid overstable & utility: xXx
Mid: Fuse (max weight)
Putter: Zero line Pure
If you want a driving putter, get a grip line pure (more durable).

why does a beginner's bag need a hi speed driver and a xXx?
:confused: :thmbdown:

this

For a starter Lat bag, I'd hold off on the big driver. I have a Flow (it's best described as an understable Wraith). I don't throw it much, but I don't throw any of the really fast discs much. The Flow and the Wraith are the fastest discs I currently own. Halo is too much disc for me (or any beginner).

Starter bag:
GL Striker (weight in the 160s) - headwind and hyzer driver. "Big" driver.
GL or Opto River (165 - 170) - main driver. THE tailwind driver.
GL Core (170 - 175) go to mid
Zero line Sinus (heaviest you can find) putter

Four discs is really all you need to start.

:thmbup:

why does a beginner's bag need a hi speed driver and a xXx?
:confused: :thmbdown:

A beginner does not need a high speed driver, it was something I recommended ;) In addition, the flow is an easy disc to control and handle, in fact, it's as easy if not, easier to control than the star wraith plus you'll get more distance from the flow. I've met many beginners with high speed drivers, even though I do not recommend them as well. The xXx is your utility driver & overstable mid for tornado and hurricane weather, overhand shots (tomahawks, thumbers, & pancakes), forehand, and forehand rollers. The xXx is on my recommended list b/c I believe everyone needs a disc that can do these things...at the very least, a true headwind disc and the xXx is born for this.

The staples to a Lat64 themed bag are simple and agreeable by the masses.

XXX
Striker
River
Core
Fuse

Putters are subjective and too personal. But adding any putter to the above 5 molds will create a very well-rounded bag.

For extra flavor, add in any of the distance drivers (halo, fuse, blitz, riot). Trident can be swapped with the XXX if you want a slower overstable driver.

For extra flavor, add in any of the distance drivers (halo, fuse, blitz, riot). Trident can be swapped with the XXX if you want a slower overstable driver.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for some of the snow to clear out so I can test my two blitz and trident...soon it'll include the havoc and pain. I am hopeful that either the one of my blitz or havoc will replace my z force for max distance headwind disc. And the core may be replaced by the pain, time will tell.

give me an explanation on what you would use each disc for?

The staples to a Lat64 themed bag are simple and agreeable by the masses.

XXX
Striker
River
Core
Fuse

Putters are subjective and too personal. But adding any putter to the above 5 molds will create a very well-rounded bag.

give me an explanation on what you would use each disc for?

See khmer's earlier post:

163g Halo Gold line – Main distance driver w/fade, flex shots, long hyzer bomb, and hyzer flip
173g Halo Gold line – Main distance driver for windy days, long hyzer bomb, forehand, and straight w/predictable fade
170g & 167g Flow Gold line – Main tail wind driver, hyzer flip, long annies, low long drives, tight fairways, & straight shots w/minimal fade
172g Striker Gold line – Control & accurate driver, long flex shots and hyzers, and headwind
163g & 171g River Gold line – Control & accurate driver, similar to the flow with less speed & shorter
171g Opto xXx – Headwind driver and hyzer bomb for about 300 ft., forehand roller, forehand, and utility disc
172g Core Gold line – Overstable midrange, approach shots, and flex shots
175g Fuse Gold line – Main control midrange, long annies, long hyzers, straight shot w/predictable fade
167g Fuse Gold line – Understable control midrange, anhyzer, want to finish right

Latest posts