• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Villain

Thank you for replying, next time I place an order I will just see what color's they have in each plastic and order what I think looks best. Although, do you think it's overlap to have both in the bag?

Not if you are testing one for the other. Make sure you try out the Gold Line Villain. To me, the Opto and the Gold Line Villains are different discs. Gold Line has more glide and is not overstable. The Opto is a beast for me.

Not if you are testing one for the other. Make sure you try out the Gold Line Villain. To me, the Opto and the Gold Line Villains are different discs. Gold Line has more glide and is not overstable. The Opto is a beast for me.

Funny you should mention trying one in GL, as I almost pulled the trigger on buying it yesterday. Lost one playing my first round, bought another Opto since I know what it will behave like. After reading that I think I may pick up a GL Villain just to see. Honestly, I can't really see having the Giant over the Villain at least with my distance and needs. I'm sure they are both massively over stable, to me, and possible I might be able to sneak out a little more distance with the Giant. Then again throwing new discs is a lot of fun.:clap:

I just picked up a CH glow firebird as a raffle prize
Will I see much differece between it and my opto villain?
Do I need to carry both?

Or are they close enough to not use the firebird
Because the opto villain feels way better
CH glow is very stiff and slick

Villian should have much better distance potential with its glide and speed; especially compared to a glow, flat firebird. If they are doing the same thing, then I would gather that you are not getting the Villain up to speed in which case the Firebird would be a more controllable choice. The Firebird "equivalent" in Latitude is the XXX.

Is it the bigger rim that makes the Villain feel better? Or the "plus" rim?

Last edited:
Villian should have much better distance potential with its glide and speed; especially compared to a glow, flat firebird. If they are doing the same thing, then I would gather that you are not getting the Villain up to speed in which case the Firebird would be a more controllable choice. The Firebird "equivalent" in Latitude is the XXX.

Is it the bigger rim that makes the Villain feel better? Or the "plus" rim?

the Opto plastic is better feeling than the CH Glow plastic, more flexible and better grip

I havent thrown the glow FB yet, I want to keep it in a "like new condition" if its not going to be much better

these are only used for big head winds or any time i need beef for a trick shot (big flex, etc.)

Just wondering has anyone noticed a difference between the new stamp villains and the old ones? A guy I play with at my local mini was saying there was but I don't know if I believe him...

I have one of each, and I haven't noticed much of a difference.. Premier might be a touch more LSS than the new stock stampers- it consistently ends up a bit more to the left when thrown back to back, but that could be any number of variables. Actual golf lines it flies seems the same and I see the same distance potential between them.

If there is a difference, it's nothing to write home about in my experience.

Im looking to move to the lat 64 trifecta companies for most of my stuff. Has this disc replaced champ xcals in people's bags?

I don't know about Xcals, but I worked it out over the past week to see if it could effectively replace both my Predators and Giants in 1 mold.

It flies like a faster, longer pred- just a touch shorter than my Giants. So on those criteria alone it was successful, but I can't seem to throw it overhand as effectively as my Preds.

I don't know about Xcals, but I worked it out over the past week to see if it could effectively replace both my Predators and Giants in 1 mold.

It flies like a faster, longer pred- just a touch shorter than my Giants. So on those criteria alone it was successful, but I can't seem to throw it overhand as effectively as my Preds.

Well my 170g champ xcal is perfectly stable for some tough winds but still gets good glide and distance. If the villain doesn't have that glide and distance potential it probably won't replace it

I read through this quickly and didn't see anything about the rim slant. Is it very slanted or is it similar to a Trespass?

I read through this quickly and didn't see anything about the rim slant. Is it very slanted or is it similar to a Trespass?

There's not much rim slant at all. Felt similar to a trespass in the hand when I picked them both up just now. Villains are awesome!

Love my gold line villains a bunch, now I am looking for a white one, have any of you come across one? I cant say that I have seen one before.

Finally got to throw my Opto Villain today. I bought it because my Halos were turning too much into headwinds. It's not nearly as over-stable as I thought it would be, which is great. I can see the Villain being my go to Latitude distance driver, especially after the flashing wears off. I'm looking forward to getting a GL. It's surprising this disc isn't more popular.

A lot of people pair these with their trespasses...I dont quite get how they pair well personally, seeing as how I can throw my fuzion 400' and would by no means call it US. I can throw it into a 15 mph headwind and easily rely on it...of course here in western washington we rarely have to worry about more than that. Ive only thrown one villian, and I would call it a z force ss. Of course I wouldnt base too much on the few throws with that one villian. From what I have personally seen and thrown, I would think the villian and renegade would be two good distance drivers to pair up. But thats probably just my bias since I pair the renegade with my trespasses.

I've got 1; it's a nice bomber. Little longer and straighter than the newer Opto's with a nice silver stamp.

Love my gold line villains a bunch, now I am looking for a white one, have any of you come across one? I cant say that I have seen one before.

I wonder why Disc Nation has the Flow listed at 12/4/-1/3 and the Villian at 11/5/-1/3?

This seems to be reversed based on the ratings from the Lat 64 site and other sites.

I would give the Opto Premiere Villains numbers of 12/4/0/3.

I haven't tried the newer ones or a Gold Line.

I wonder why Disc Nation has the Flow listed at 12/4/-1/3 and the Villian at 11/5/-1/3?

This seems to be reversed based on the ratings from the Lat 64 site and other sites.

Villians should be 11/4/0/3 and flows 11/5/-2/2 from my personal experience