• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64º Frost Line?

I dont have any gummy or XG stuff, so I'm not sure what "gummy" is actually like, but looking at the current run of VIP harps that may have had some frost material blended in - GL is nothing like that. In fact my older GL has started to dry up a bit and isnt even as grippy as it once was.

These Harps appear to be super flexible.

Same with the Felon. Grippiest plastic ever and very flexible, but not floppy

I am planning on picking up a River, hope some run in a lighter weight.

All my River throwers are GL and that stuff gets slick when cold and cold fingers are trying to hang on to it.

I am planning on picking up a River, hope some run in a lighter weight.

All my River throwers are GL and that stuff gets slick when cold and cold fingers are trying to hang on to it.

I would appreciate you waiting until after I get my lightweight River before making your selection :D:D:D

I like the blue and orange color. I am wanting to see/get my hands on a clearish white one ( if that color happens? ). A clear to blue transition color would be sweet too!

I like the blue and orange color. I am wanting to see/get my hands on a clearish white one ( if that color happens? ). A clear to blue transition color would be sweet too!

No competition here if I try to throw these before April :D

Anybody have a chance to throw any of these yet that can report on flight characteristics compared to the other plastics. Super stoked as I throw all of the molds. Anybody know the weights the Diamond Light will be released in? Does anyone really need anything lighter than the current ones that are already light. I'm hoping to get one at least close to 160 but I'm thinking they will be lighter.

I'm most excited about the River. I would love a grippier River with just a half tick more HSS which sounds like could be the case.

Obviously it's Westside not Lat, but I would love to try the Giant and Sorcerer in this blend
You got half of what you wanted.
From http://www.westside.fi/

Westside is preparing to release a new plastic at end November. First two discs made in new Elasto plastic are Westside Elasto Giant and Westside Elasto World. Elasto plastic is transparent and flexible plastic that is good also in cold climate conditions.
Together with Elasto plastic we are releasing BT Hard version of Westside Shield putter.
Our overstable putter - mid-range Westside VIP Harp is being released right now during first week of November.
___

Dynamic is releasing the same plastic but its called Fluid. Theres are going to be the Judge, Truth and Escape.

Anybody have a chance to throw any of these yet that can report on flight characteristics compared to the other plastics. Super stoked as I throw all of the molds. Anybody know the weights the Diamond Light will be released in? Does anyone really need anything lighter than the current ones that are already light. I'm hoping to get one at least close to 160 but I'm thinking they will be lighter.

I'm most excited about the River. I would love a grippier River with just a half tick more HSS which sounds like could be the case.

I wouldn't expect anything different with the Diamond as far as weights (140-159). It's part of Lat's "Easy to Use" line which is all 150-class. Can't imagine that formula changes with Frost since it didn't change with Opto vs Gold.

I have a Frost Claymore. I've been able to do some side by sides with the Opto Claymore. My experience has been that the Frost has a bit more HSS. Where the Opto will go out from a slight hyzer release, turn up flat and turn just a bit before fading back, the Frost seems to go no further than flat and straight before fading. They both tended to fly about the same distance with these slightly different lines, with the Frost finishing a few feet further right (LHBH).

I love the feel of the Frost too. I've only been able to throw it in cold conditions (25-40 degrees) so far and the grip is great even when other discs start to get harder and slicker. I'd put it between the Zero soft and medium in terms of give under my thumb but obviously with the durability and solid feel of Opto. Can't wait for it and its DD/WS counterparts in the molds I throw more regularly.

I wouldn't expect anything different with the Diamond as far as weights (140-159). It's part of Lat's "Easy to Use" line which is all 150-class. Can't imagine that formula changes with Frost since it didn't change with Opto vs Gold.

I have a Frost Claymore. I've been able to do some side by sides with the Opto Claymore. My experience has been that the Frost has a bit more HSS. Where the Opto will go out from a slight hyzer release, turn up flat and turn just a bit before fading back, the Frost seems to go no further than flat and straight before fading. They both tended to fly about the same distance with these slightly different lines, with the Frost finishing a few feet further right (LHBH).

I love the feel of the Frost too. I've only been able to throw it in cold conditions (25-40 degrees) so far and the grip is great even when other discs start to get harder and slicker. I'd put it between the Zero soft and medium in terms of give under my thumb but obviously with the durability and solid feel of Opto. Can't wait for it and its DD/WS counterparts in the molds I throw more regularly.

Great info, thanks! So it sounds like for the Claymore the HSS is a touch more. Any difference in LSS? In other words does it fade any harder at the end or is it about the same? Thanks!

I just realize that all Diamonds are often listed as Diamond Light. I actually thought the Light part meant they would be even lighter than the 140 to 159 and was like "who needs that". I can totally deal with a 159 Frost Diamond for hard right turns. Nice!

This sounds pretty excellent. How's the dome compare on the two? My Opto isn't flat, but it isn't terribly domey either. Hoping these will be the same. Side by side pic possible?

This sounds pretty excellent. How's the dome compare on the two? My Opto isn't flat, but it isn't terribly domey either. Hoping these will be the same. Side by side pic possible?

They look pretty identical to me. Not dead flat but not noticably domey either. Sorry, can't get a pic at the moment.

I woulda thought that more floppy plastic (like gstar) would equal to more understable flights.

I haven't payed to much attention on these plastic lines recently. Although I am interested, I'm happy to see that this grippier and more flexible plastic type is in a CHAMPION like plastic vs. STAR like plastic.

I like the idea of Gstar, with it starting less stable (mold consolidation)new and good for colder wetter play. I just hope the frost line is much more durable.

I, for one, would take gummy champ over grippy star any day. :popcorn:

I woulda thought that more floppy plastic (like gstar) would equal to more understable flights.

I wouldn't call Frost "floppy" by any means (nor GStar for that matter). To me, "floppy" implies that if you have the disc in one hand and hold it out flat, the unsupported end sags under its own weight.

I'd say Frost is "flexible". It gives and bends to direct pressure more than other plastics, but it's just as solid and firm otherwise.

Great info, thanks! So it sounds like for the Claymore the HSS is a touch more. Any difference in LSS? In other words does it fade any harder at the end or is it about the same? Thanks!

I just realize that all Diamonds are often listed as Diamond Light. I actually thought the Light part meant they would be even lighter than the 140 to 159 and was like "who needs that". I can totally deal with a 159 Frost Diamond for hard right turns. Nice!
Yep all diamonds are actually "diamond light"
However they also make a " opto air diamond light " that is even lighter

Last edited:

Latest posts