• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64 Backpack ?

IMAG0008_zps741sxtjc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0010_zpssbihmx8v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0011_zpsgouevvjh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So decided to go for luxury too. I've previously owned the original (large) Prodiscus bag for almost three years and now it was starting fall apart. I've had the Luxury bag for a week now and mostly happy with it. I might miss the second bottle holder in the summer. I guess I can use the top pocket for that but it also means that I have to squeeze the discs to other pockets. We'll see. Also, the top pocket is really the only one which can carry jacket/hoodie. In prodiscus any of the 4 side pockets could do that.

I've already done my first modification. Like in Prodiscus, also the very bottom part of the back in the Luxury is pressing against my lower back. Just above my hips. But in the Luxury bag it's the vertical back plate, not the horizontal bottom plate, so it's less hard on my back. Still, I didn't want to test the strain in the first full weekend tourney this weekend (Eurotour opener in Netherlands) so I did some modifications:

luxury1.jpg

luxury2.jpg

I removed the back plate via velcro opening from inside the bag and added some foam rubber padding. Getting the plate back required some squeezing but now it sits there nice and tight.

I plan to add the extension for the rain cover too later.

Just took the plunge and ordered one of these bad boys last night.

SOOOOOOO excited to finally ditch the FADE bag and straps.

Okay. Ive had my E2 for about a month now. And I can say, without a doubt, it is worth every penny. Without overlapping the comments I've already made, I just wanted to say, the biggest difference over older bags, is the comfort level. Wether I'm playing a league round or a tournament, I find I have far more energy left and fewer back issues, which means I can really enjoy being out and walking the park as I play, rather than rushing to the next tee to sit down. Most of the time, I hardly notice I'm carrying anything. The bag (fully loaded) is heavy to pick up by hand, but it fits so well, you won't feel like you have a load on your back.

My only complaint after a month of use, is you have to be careful where and how you sit it down. It could just be the way I have it loaded, with a large water bottle in the top pocket, but my bag has a tendency to fall towards its back, even on the slightest incline, so the back has to be facing "uphill".

just got mine today. very stoked to get this thing out on the course.

i was a little surprised that there wasn't a full-blown handle attached to the top of the bag for easy picking up and moving. I know there is a spot on the backpack straps themselves that basically functions in the same fashion but just doesn't seem as sturdy/reinforced as a proper handle sewn in independently.

probably a minor gripe. the bag is absolutely sick.

just got mine today. very stoked to get this thing out on the course.

i was a little surprised that there wasn't a full-blown handle attached to the top of the bag for easy picking up and moving. I know there is a spot on the backpack straps themselves that basically functions in the same fashion but just doesn't seem as sturdy/reinforced as a proper handle sewn in independently.

probably a minor gripe. the bag is absolutely sick.

Is this a common feature on back pack bags? Admittedly, the Luxury bag is my first and only experience with this bag style, so I don't really know. I caddied for a friend carrying his Grip once and recall a similar built-in "handle" setup on his bag. Given how sturdy it is and that it was clearly designed for the purpose of being a handle, I'm not sure why additional materials would be necessary.

Is this a common feature on back pack bags? Admittedly, the Luxury bag is my first and only experience with this bag style, so I don't really know. I caddied for a friend carrying his Grip once and recall a similar built-in "handle" setup on his bag. Given how sturdy it is and that it was clearly designed for the purpose of being a handle, I'm not sure why additional materials would be necessary.
I guess it doesn't look too common in other DG bags but I definitely have seen it in other backpacks.

That opening works great for a tripod stool if you attach a carabiner to the dangling strap of the stool, put it through the hole, wrap around the stool once then attach the carabiner to the top zipper eyelets of the top pocket.

How does the side putter pocket work? Can you get discs out easily or do you hit the smaller pocket above it?

How does the side putter pocket work? Can you get discs out easily or do you hit the smaller pocket above it?

Very easy to use. I hold two more putters in the zipper pocket behind also, and its pretty easy to get them in and out too.

At first I could get 2 in there loosely, now I can get 3 in the putter pocket, and 2 in the zippered pocket next to the putter pocket. When I was going back and forth between putters, which is frequently, its nice to be able to bag 2 of each mold plus my up shot Nova all in the side pockets without messing with my disc count in the main compartment. And during practice rounds, I can stuff probably 6-10 more discs in the main compartment up top.

Can I roll up a large hoodie or fleece and get it in the top compartment? Does it have as much room as a Ranger on top?

Can I roll up a large hoodie or fleece and get it in the top compartment? Does it have as much room as a Ranger on top?
that top pocket could probably fit the better part of a 12 pack of cans.

crazy how much space is in there. a jacket/fleece is nothing.

Just ordered mine, and I am STOKED to get it. I was upset that camo was out of stock, but the bright orange is legit

I am finding that carrying a second water bottle in the top area of the E2 is not working for me. The weight rests heavily on top of the disc storage, making it a less easy to get discs in and out, and I had a putter in the flap pocket warp from the weight. Unfortunately, during the Louisiana summer, extra water is a necessity, especially during tournaments and league rounds. I can easily go through two litters in one round.

After some thought, I have decided on a mod for the bag to allow easy storage for a second Nalgene size bottle. The bottom pocket next to the bottle holder will effectively serve as a second bottle holder. My plan is to sew some elastic webbing inside the pocket on the bag side, and create a loop to serve as a bottle holder. This way, I can use it for extra water, but it is still functional as a pocket when I don't need the extra water.

Going to gather materials this weekend and planning it out. I'll post pictures when it is complete.

Latest posts