• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Dagger

I picked up a couple Daggers a few weeks back and have been putting with them in the yard. One Retro Moonshine and one that is whatever Lat64 calls Classic Blend/BT Medium (it's annoying that the three prongs of Trilogy call their identical plastics different things). Anyway, these boys are glidey, glidey, glidey. I actually really like putting with them. Put one on a line and the disc just seems to effortlessly glide out toward the basket. Even in a headwind I like them; I just aim at the lip of the cage and trust the glidiness of the disc to lift it over the rim and in.

That being said, they're not going in my bag. The problem is that the Dagger rolls away more than any putter I've ever used before. Its shape is basically a big fat wheel, and it does want to roll far away every chance it gets. Hit the cage? Land on edge and roll away. Catch some weakside chains? Land on edge and roll away. Airball a 60' bid? Land on edge and roll away.

The Dagger is a really fun disc to practice putting with and toss around in the yard, but is just not for me. At least for now.

They might not be the best in the wind, and they might roll easily, but I still putt with them. I figure I should use the putter that puts me in the chains the most often, period. If I was worried about how my misses react I would be shovel putting R-pro rhynos…

In the end, I know it is the archer and not necessarily the arrows, and therefore it is all about confidence in an arrow to do its job.

I putt with three different putters: Harp, Dagger, Pure.

Calm days - Harp is exclusive for trick putts around obstacles - Dagger for 0-20 feet - Pure for anything over 20 feet - and back to the Dagger for longer runs and approaches where I hope it goes in but I want to miss small.

Of course, the wind never allows for perfectly calm days, so I adjust as needed. Such as, headwind, the Dagger's putting range shortens or might be outright replaced by the Harp. Since putts drop in the headwind, the Pure's range expands for closer putts but shrinks for those longer circle 2 putts. I am more inclined to run an approach with a Harp if its a left to right cross or anhyzer the Pure if straight headwind or right to left. In a tailwind, I am more inclined to bring the Dagger out to 25 to 30 feet before I even considered using the Pure. I am more of a loft putter, but not truly any one particular form, hence the reason I am not a good putter.

I say all of this because when I tried putting with the Pure or Dagger exclusively, they always excelled at one distance or circumstance and routinely failed at something else. My putting has improved slightly because of confidence, and that comes from carrying multiple putters.

For the Dagger, I find that no matter the wind, they putt consistently at short distances, but I also found that I had almost no consistency once exceeding 20 feet. For whatever reason, my magic line is 22.5 feet; anything inside and I make the majority of them, but my percentage drops significantly once I exceed 22.5. And yet, my Pures have troubles sailing over the basket the closer I am to it, making them better for those 20-40 foot putts. And yet to that and yet, the stability of the Dagger over the Pure makes the Dagger better when I am almost powering up for an approach and because of conditions it cannot be just a touch shot.

It is all weird, and writing about it seems more complex that it should be, but essentially, the Dagger is a necessary putter in my bag that builds my confidence in my other putters.

I'm sure that I have posted in this thread before. I have a thing for putters and I own a bunch of them. I carry the Dagger in my bag at all times. First off, I have no consistency on anything beyond about 20 feet or so and at this range I just feel more comfortable with the Dagger than anything else. Beyond this distance I have several putters that I use but within this distance, It's the Dagger.

Been seeing some gold line daggers pop up as tournament fundraiser discs, very curious to hear if anyone has any experience with one

Been seeing some gold line daggers pop up as tournament fundraiser discs, very curious to hear if anyone has any experience with one

Came in the mail yesterday. Very smooth, drives better than it approaches, has more lss than the softer plastics. Nice looking disc. Glad I purchased it but I would not call it a game changer. You need to be already used to using Daggers aside for putting to find this useful.

Came in the mail yesterday. Very smooth, drives better than it approaches, has more lss than the softer plastics. Nice looking disc. Glad I purchased it but I would not call it a game changer. You need to be already used to using Daggers aside for putting to find this useful.

Would you consider bagging it as your stable throwing putter alongside a Zero or Retro Dagger to beat to straight?

Curious because I miss when I putted with Judges that I could just throw a spectrum of Judges and simplify my short game. Now I putt Daggers and choose different molds for driving.

Would you consider bagging it as your stable throwing putter alongside a Zero or Retro Dagger to beat to straight?

Curious because I miss when I putted with Judges that I could just throw a spectrum of Judges and simplify my short game. Now I putt Daggers and choose different molds for driving.

I have a hard Dagger that is always in and out of the bag. It is decent at 0-22 putts but becomes an utter failure at over 25. However, in the last month I have been using it more as an upshot and approach disc, in which it excels at staying straight, landing flat, and sticking to the ground.

After a few test upshots, I was routinely blowing by the basket with the Gold Line, finding it hard to get the right power to put it under the basket when it felt so natural with the Hard. However, I can definitely drive with it farther. I just find it difficult to drive with it in general on any kind of angle aside for flat because of how deep the Dagger is. I am thinking it will excel on those 180-200 relatively straight holes.

This is my thinking also. Would like to use one putter mold but the bt plastic beats up too fast

I just picked up 6 Zero Medium Daggers today, missed them after switching to Wizards. Straighter, slower, floatier.

Actually I'm really surprised to see 0 posts since 2019 what with Ricky switching back to Daggers. Not a sexy putter but damn.