• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64: Gladiator

So if the Cutlass, Gladiator and Halo are all similar how is that different from the Striker, Saint, and Falchion all being 9,_,-1,2?

Available Feb 3

The Gladiator in a deco dye will be the limited run fund raising disc from Latitude 64 for the Amateur Championships at Bowling Green . . . shipped for $25 to help up pay for this massive event. Will ship to arrive on Feb 3, the release date of the disc.
If interested pay pal to [email protected] and note LAT 64 and your address!

Attachments

• BG 2017 Lat 64 cfr disc.JPG
    BG 2017 Lat 64 cfr disc.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 42
I want to try this because of the name and stamp but I dont want to encourage more high speed overstable drivers...

I'm cool with high speed OS, but not high speed US. Because at least an OS will have more phases and flights to get out of it, whereas something that flips out of the box will only get flipper.

feels slightly domier than a Defender in the hand
seems to fly about the same speed
I didn't test in the best conditions nor in a head wind but it seemed to want to come out of an anhyzer edge pretty quick
the fade wasn't what I would call forward or progressive but a pretty hard hook

the suggestion of "between an Enforcer and Defender" would seem to be pretty accurate

I would need to beat one up a little bit to have a better idea

likely a very good headwind driver

probably best suited for players with 425+ feet of power

Just got mine in the mail. Can you spot the misprint??? Guessing they are going to fix this asap.

Attachments

• IMG_2731.jpg
    IMG_2731.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 87
Just got mine in the mail. Can you spot the misprint??? Guessing they are going to fix this asap.
First I thought you meant the DecoSTAMP, but that is just a new variant of Decodye.

Finally I noticed the Fledberg. Maybe it's an inside joke on how he fled from competitive Disc golf. :)

I would describe the Opto Gladiator as a more stable Giant. I got 2 TP Giants where one is just a tad less stable and the other one is more beat in so it is still stable but can't fight the wind as good.

I got one last Friday and threw it a number of times this weekend. Similar to a Boss or Defender. For RHFH with a slight anny, it had a nice flex flight landing back towards the middle. Not sure if it did anything a Defender or a Boss did not do, but not a bad disc.

Definitely interested to see what others have to add about this mold as it gets out there more. Curious to see what these replace for Dave in his bag. World or Giant?

I handled these today. Comparing them to a Giant, the Giant looks sharper/faster. The Gladiator has more of a rounded feel and feels good in the hand though, really fills out your grip.

with all the great new releases, it seems like these got lost in the shuffle. anyone throw them side to side with the world. question mark.

In my experience, the Gladiator flies pretty true to its numbers (at least the one I have) and the World has some turn to it. The Gladiator flies well into the wind whereas the World will get flippy. I love the way the Gladiator feels and it might replace my Destroyer when it gets squirrelly on me.

has anyone had a chance to throw the moonshine gladiator? i love my opto but to me it flies like an older destroyer,mild turn with good LSS. i was throwing in some heavy winds last weekend(20mph with 35mph gusts) and the gladiator turned over on a couple shots that surprised me. could have been the heavy cross wind on those holes or just a bad gust.

i may try a defender for those days i need the extra stability

has anyone had a chance to throw the moonshine gladiator? i love my opto but to me it flies like an older destroyer,mild turn with good LSS. i was throwing in some heavy winds last weekend(20mph with 35mph gusts) and the gladiator turned over on a couple shots that surprised me. could have been the heavy cross wind on those holes or just a bad gust.

i may try a defender for those days i need the extra stability

I went from the Defender to the Gladiator. If the wind is that heavy I'm not sure you'll see that much of a difference.

Unless you get one of those grey sparkle lucid defenders.

But if you are going to do that and like the Gladiator overall...the released at GBO Feldberg "First Run" Gold Line (no they don't seem to be on DD's site but maybe email to ask if they have any left) have a notable pop top dome (the pop is loud).

There are also some sparkle Opto Gladiators available but I don't know how they compare.

I threw mine for the first time yesterday. Solid. HSS. LSS. Not a Stiletto mind you.

Didn't go as far and hooked up quicker than my Opto.

Just to disclaim the above...the GL was a 173 and obviously fresh (but I did try to take off the flashing, tried to smash it into the ground a few times...maybe only 5 minutes of "seasoning") vs a 168 Opto that I've been throwing for some time and was my primary driver at GBO

I am throwing at altitude so things are different here than where you are but I had to throw a pretty hard anhyzer to get anything out of the GL and that was into a headwind (mild one).

Held the line with no flip.

I do know the flip of which you speak as my 168 Opto did flip and turn in a very significant headwind on a casual round at GBO. That said, I think I tried to throw it too hard.

Latest posts