• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Mace

Opto Pain 4/4/0/3
Zero Mace 4/3/-1/2
GL Mace at 4/3/-1/3

Your zero mace doesn't have tons of glide? I found it to have more than 3. It floats extremely well. More than flat top rocs, which i compare it to. I like the mace because of this. It glides longer, but still has a stronger fade than the ft rocs.
Seems contradictory to me.

Starburst...solid yet juicy...now thats a contradiction

Opto Pain 4/4/0/3
Zero Mace 4/3/-1/2
GL Mace at 4/3/-1/3

Your zero mace doesn't have tons of glide? I found it to have more than 3. It floats extremely well. More than flat top rocs, which i compare it to. I like the mace because of this. It glides longer, but still has a stronger fade than the ft rocs.
Seems contradictory to me.

The maces don't have as much of a glide factor as pains do. I agree, rocs have less. But Lat discs typically always exhibit more glide than comparable molds made by other brands. So it's really the hardest flight characteristic to quantify.

Just bought two first run GL's. Not sure why other than they look really cool. My mid range section is getting clogged up at the moment with the Pains, Warships, and now Tursassess and Maces that I haven't even thrown yet.

Just bought two first run GL's. Not sure why other than they look really cool. My mid range section is getting clogged up at the moment with the Pains, Warships, and now Tursassess and Maces that I haven't even thrown yet.

I'm with you there. Hard to keep up.

Opto Pain 4/4/0/3
Zero Mace 4/3/-1/2
GL Mace at 4/3/-1/3

I have about a dozen throws on my 170 GL Mace. Throwing at 5000' altitude, I detect no high speed turn, even into the wind. Pretty impressed throwing into a headwind today. As compared to a Roc, I find the Mace keeps a longer straight portion of flight before fading. Fade is between a TeeBird and a TL, and just a little bit shorter distance.

Less glide than a Core or a Fuse

I'd put the GL Mace at 5/4/0/2.5

Just got a GL Mace today and had some throws with it. It is pleasantly overstable, moreso than my GL Pain of the same weight. The Pain is less domey, also. We'll see what happens to the Mace when it breaks in, but for now it's workably stable with glide comparable to the Pain, Roc, and Buzzz. I would say the only mid-range disc I have with clearly superior glide is my Opto Fuse.

The Mace has been nice. I have not had any turn when throwing into a headwind and the fade is nice and predictable. The Mace has very nice glide but not to the point that it starts to overlap with my fairway drivers. Which was a little bit of a problem that I had with Warships. I have the Mace paired up with the Tursas and love the matchup.

Maybe it's been answered in this thread but I haven't read it yet... Why did they go with an MVP'ish rounded inner rim?
Not sure but I'd guess one reason is th get it out of the mold easier. I also remember reading about MVP doing it because it decreases drag and adds glide. It's early and I am mostly dumb lately but it sounds good.:p

Ordered a Zero Hard and I can't wait for it to get here. I am hoping I can cut my mids down to Zone, Mace, Fuse and eventually get a Suspect. Love the Euro plastic.

Rounded rims are also easier on the mold. Increase durability and life. Rounded is less of a weak point there. Just what ive gathered from my readings on how to design this stuff

I really wanted to buy this super hot pink stock stamp Gold Line Mace yesterday at a tournament during the break between rounds. But, I was on the phone with my wife at the time and said something about wanting to get it. She asked, "What kind of disc is it?" I told her, and she says, "I got you one for your birthday (next week), so don't get it." ... Made me happy, but still think I should've gotten the one yesterday too.

Dave just commented on facebook about the Mace:

Dave Feldberg said:
I am glad everyone is trying the mace. I have been testing it for about 10 days. I believe L64 has done it this time. The zero line stiff is better than my old Rocs. It is slighy faster and more overstable. These types of discs are not made to be turned over out of the hand nor is a roc. Niether will flex like a pain or sinus. The mace is for throwing with hyzer and controlling the shape of yóur throws. From hyzer the mace out performed my old rocs. So if you throw a mace with hyzer I am sure it won't flip on you. I did request they were stiff, as that kind of plastic softens over time. I am just breaking one in and it is starting to stand up on its own. I can't wait to see one hyzer flip. I hope they break in as good as they fly new. Mty new favorite disc.

So far i agree with Dave. My Zero Mace has been my workhorse in this extremely windy cold spring we've been having in maryland. It's getting beat in to have the tightest s curve when thrown flat. I can almost hyzer flip it flat, but it is still locking onto the hyzer line and fading out. A few more weeks and it'll be there.