• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Mace

Got a few throws in with the Mace today, thought it was so/so. Just looking at my throws and the others in my group throwing their Maces, they don't seem to have the Latitude glide to them like the Pain, Warship, and most all their other mids.

Agreed. I like them, but not sure where they fit in my bag. I guess if you are a Roc guy and want to buy Latitude they make sense, but I think my Pains work just as well for me. Maybe th eMAce would be better if I could throw like Feldberg???

Agreed. I like them, but not sure where they fit in my bag. I guess if you are a Roc guy and want to buy Latitude they make sense, but I think my Pains work just as well for me. Maybe th eMAce would be better if I could throw like Feldberg???

Yeah, I suppose they may have cloned the Roc a little too well :D

Will the mace fly any differently if I remove the flashing?

I haven't done it with mine, but if it's like any other latitude disc I've ever thrown, if you remove the flashing on the underside of the rim, the disc will behave less overstable.

That is what I thought but there is a lot of flashing on it and it makes it very uncomfortable to throw.

I don't think you'll notice any difference unless you let the people here with their disc voodoo get in your head. I removed the flashings on all those discs I bought last week, and some that I already had. The Pures, Saint, Warship, and Tursas, were just as before.

There isn't enough flashing to make a difference in flight. Anybody that says otherwise is being ridiculous.

I don't think you'll notice any difference unless you let the people here with their disc voodoo get in your head. I removed the flashings on all those discs I bought last week, and some that I already had. The Pures, Saint, Warship, and Tursas, were just as before.

There isn't enough flashing to make a difference in flight. Anybody that says otherwise is being ridiculous.

I personally have removed the flashing on a GL Halo and TP Tursas. The change in stability was quite noticeable both times. Both became significantly less stable.

I personally have removed the flashing on a GL Halo and TP Tursas. The change in stability was quite noticeable both times. Both became significantly less stable.

So what you want, I won't believe you. I've been removing flashing off every disc I've bought lately, because Latitude seems to like to leave a good bit on, and can't tell a difference from before and after.

So what you want, I won't believe you. I've been removing flashing off every disc I've bought lately, because Latitude seems to like to leave a good bit on, and can't tell a difference from before and after.

I understand what you are saying, but there is a mathematical argument to prove the effects of flashing. If a bead can make something more OS then flashing will do the same thing but to a smaller extent. People may exaggerate that extent but you can't argue with the reasoning.

That being said, I can tell how much flashing a sword has by its flight path.

300px-Meme_-_Science_Incorrect.jpg

There's no reason to "Not believe me." Your experiences may vary. I took an exacto to the flashing on my GL Halo and it went from being a disc I couldn't flip, to one that turned over. I also recently bought a TP Tursas. It started out with almost the identical stability to my lucid Fugitive. I took sandpaper to that one, ground the flashing on the under side of the rim until it was non existent, and now its noticeably less stable. Much more like a stingray.

I understand what you are saying, but there is a mathematical argument to prove the effects of flashing. If a bead can make something more OS then flashing will do the same thing but to a smaller extent. People may exaggerate that extent but you can't argue with the reasoning.

That being said, I can tell how much flashing a sword has by its flight path.

Reasoning is fine, but in practicality, it's negligible.

Look at the difference in a teebird and a tl. Its pretty much just more durable flashing.

no, definitely not.
Different molds.

Anyways I wanna try a GL mace... sounds like it would be awesome to have a roc in gold line plastic.

Latest posts