• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Mace

I have a 177 zero hard that is breaking in reaallly quickly.

I'm hoping that these will stay in their sweet spot for the same amount of time that I'd get from a Roc.

First impression: damn this thing is stiff! The plastic feels nice and tacky but I'm interested to see how it grips on a cold winter day. I could imagine it turning into something similar to a granite cutting board when the temperature drops.

First impression: damn this thing is stiff! The plastic feels nice and tacky but I'm interested to see how it grips on a cold winter day. I could imagine it turning into something similar to a granite cutting board when the temperature drops.
Let me go grip one today in New England so I can let you know what it feels like on a cold winter day in Modesto :clap:

Haha, yea I don't really play in temperatures below 50 degrees because that's about as gold as it gets here. Let me know how it compares to your Neutron Vectors Justin. That's what I'll be testing mine against.

p.s. This stamp is sweet!

I threw my Zero Hard Mace into a tree (on an approach shot, so not too hard) on a beautiful -5C (23F) winter day and it bruised but not seriously worse off for it.

I have just gotten my first run hard one to about 7/10 and it has lost a solid amount of LSS. It still has plenty of HSS, it won't turn more than a few degrees, but it doesn't have the big fade after it starts slowing down like it had when it was new. I'm still really liking it as a kc roc clone and I want to try a GL one to see if it can hold on to that beefy fade a bit longer.

Finally got my first run maces! Got a white GL with a blue stamp that is beautiful and a red zero hard which is really stiff but also really grippy. feels almost exactly like my roc (which i love) so i cant wait to try these out!

I have a 177g zero white production stamp that I've been using for a while now.

It's first few big hits took off a good bit of its LSS and gave it a small amount of turn when ripped hard and flat. I spent a solid 5 minutes throwing it at a tree (hard enough to bang it up but not enough to taco) to see if I could speed up the process and use it as a gentle turnover disc. The disc flew exactly the same afterwards. At ~80% this disc is straight for 300ft with the slightest bit of fade over it's last 20' or so.

My goldline has, of course, held up well and not shown any change in it's flight over the last few weeks.

I had one for a little bit but I didn't like it, seemed way slower than my rocs

So how are these flying for people? How are they beating in? Any Buzzz comparison?

I haven't had a ton of throws with mine yet. Seems to have glide like my Warships but a touch slower.

Holds a hyper quite well and less likely than the Warship to flip up.

Mine is a GL so no beating yet.

The Mace is much closer to a Roc than a Buzzz. Probably a touch slower, touch more HSS and LSS.

I was under the impression that the Suspect was more over stable than the Mace? I haven't had the opportunity to throw a Suspect to compare the two. I assumed the Suspect would closely resemble a zone. I've been throwing GL Mace's for the past several months and would describe it as a premium plastic KC Roc.

I was under the impression that the Suspect was more over stable than the Mace? I haven't had the opportunity to throw a Suspect to compare the two. I assumed the Suspect would closely resemble a zone. I've been throwing GL Mace's for the past several months and would describe it as a premium plastic KC Roc.
The suspects I throw are similar in flight to a Wasp. Not really like a Zone at all. Also the Suspect is a lot longer than a Zone.

So....I'm super pissed. I just picked up a GL Mace today, just because I love new plastic, and come to find out it exactly like my Wasps. Now I'm left in a conundrum of throwing all the wasps I have, which is significant, or buy new sexy GL plastic just because....:|

I got sucked into buying a Mace yesterday, even though I wanted my bag to be set on mids, just because it was so dang purdy! After one round I found it to be a really solid disc. I had a couple of laser beam shots with it and few nice hyzer approaches. Held whatever line I put it on. Seems a bit like a Roc3 with less fade.

Attachments

• Mace.jpg
    Mace.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 47
So just a heads up, I found the 1st run GL maces to beat in fairly quick and lose almost almost all the low speed fade. That is good news if you're worried about overlapping with wasps/rocs... but terrible news if you're worried about overlapping with Comets/Fuses.

Haven't throw any production runs, and i'm willing to bet the Moonshine Maces will be much more true to the flight ratings.

I'm having a hard time deciding between the Mace and Suspect. I have Suspects in my bag right now, but I really like the feel of the Mace. Like a lot. I gather that the flight path is pretty similar, I just cant chose.