• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Mace

I'm having a hard time deciding between the Mace and Suspect. I have Suspects in my bag right now, but I really like the feel of the Mace. Like a lot. I gather that the flight path is pretty similar, I just cant chose.
suspect is a little tiny tic more HSS. It wont turn for me with out torquing it. the mace can show some turn albiet a tiny bit. the mace can prolly be a more versitle mid over all. the suspect wants to go straight then fade. mace can work some tight s lines anny's if needed. both could co exist but choosing one may be the better option.

So just a heads up, I found the 1st run GL maces to beat in fairly quick and lose almost almost all the low speed fade. That is good news if you're worried about overlapping with wasps/rocs... but terrible news if you're worried about overlapping with Comets/Fuses.

Haven't throw any production runs, and i'm willing to bet the Moonshine Maces will be much more true to the flight ratings.

This is good to hear. Now I can quit buying OOP x wasps!:hfive:

suspect is a little tiny tic more HSS. It wont turn for me with out torquing it. the mace can show some turn albiet a tiny bit. the mace can prolly be a more versitle mid over all. the suspect wants to go straight then fade. mace can work some tight s lines anny's if needed. both could co exist but choosing one may be the better option.
I like versatile mids. I have a 175 Lucid Suspect that has lost some HSS that flies very Buzzz like lines now. My Bio is still very HSS, and has a good fade to it. They pair well together with my Fugitives, but the Mace is somewhat similar to a Fugitive (not in flight) in profile, and I think I like that. I guess I'll just have to test them against each other.

I think I got a bunk Mace. Its a 176 FR Goldline and that thing is straight to understable for me. I was expecting something with more HSS and LSS than what I got.. I don't really want to give up on the mold but I think I need to try a heavy opto instead.

I just got a ZL hard mace to try out. Be fun to beat the crap outta it and see how it flies.

Quick question before I dig into the Mace
With my current midrange line up (Tursas/Warship/Drone) Would the Mace have a spot in my bag, or possibly kick anything out? I am all for a minimalist bag but I am sure this will take atleast a year for me to build.
Thanks

mace will wiggle in between the warship and drone, closer to the warship. depending on what warship you carry there could be some minor overlap. the mace is more stable than the warship and can wirk some nice tight flex lines. I dont think it would kick anything out though.

mace will wiggle in between the warship and drone, closer to the warship. depending on what warship you carry there could be some minor overlap. the mace is more stable than the warship and can wirk some nice tight flex lines. I dont think it would kick anything out though.

VIP warship. To be honest with you anything not swedish just feels odd in the hand these day's so knocking out the drone for something even alot less overstable wouldn't bother me, but I still gotta say I have to dial in the warship. :popcorn:

VIP warship. To be honest with you anything not swedish just feels odd in the hand these day's so knocking out the drone for something even alot less overstable wouldn't bother me, but I still gotta say I have to dial in the warship. :popcorn:
vip ships are gonna be closer to the mace, but the mace is more stable enough that they will co exist. the mace is no where near the drone. so there will be a gap there. if you want a beefy mid from lat go trident. its a driver but a slow one that works great on the uber stable side of things, although it will skip way more than the drone.

vip ships are gonna be closer to the mace, but the mace is more stable enough that they will co exist. the mace is no where near the drone. so there will be a gap there. if you want a beefy mid from lat go trident. its a driver but a slow one that works great on the uber stable side of things, although it will skip way more than the drone.

Quoted for truth!

Get a Trident....bada$$ mid/fairway OS disc!

My Trident has become my "get out of jail card" of late. Never play without it now. The Mace has quickly become my go to mid. Hardly grab the Pain or anything else anymore.

So did the flight ratings on the Mace get changed?

I thought it was supposed to be 5,5,0,3

They are now listed at 5,5,0,1.5

Is that a rating to reflect across the 2 plastics?

Or we're the first runs more over stable?

Got to throw my 180g GL Mace today and being a long time Roc thrower this is a premium Roc in terms of stability and feel. Just the perfect stable mid range disc I was looking for to compliment my Tursas and Warship. I'm sure that's a little I overlap, but it's working for me. The Mace is truly a fantastic disc with reliable fade at the end of flight. Parked a couple holes today with it, and couldn't be happier.

So did the flight ratings on the Mace get changed?

I thought it was supposed to be 5,5,0,3

They are now listed at 5,5,0,1.5

Is that a rating to reflect across the 2 plastics?

Or we're the first runs more over stable?

that is definitely more accurate LSS rating. The glide i not a 5 -- more like a 3.

Speaking of Pain. I lost mine yesterday. It never really clicked with me. Will the Mace be worth a shot or should I just dig out my KC Rocs?

My Trident has become my "get out of jail card" of late. Never play without it now. The Mace has quickly become my go to mid. Hardly grab the Pain or anything else anymore.

The Mace replaced my GL Pain. I only have a Zero Hard, Im hoping that the GL Mace will hold that fade longer than my Zero hard did. Mine is probably 7/10 and now travels on 300' ropes with little to no fade. I love it for approaches and long putts.