• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Mace

Interesting indeed.

tumblr_lzepqdM19F1rpwzpwo1_250.gif

I'm interested in getting my hands on some of the Lat64 discs with Swedish names that they talk about in the Marshall Street newsletter:

We received some Westside discs with Finnish text and they're already gone. So I ask Svante if we can get some more, and maybe we can. He calls on Skype from Sweden at 11 p.m. when it's 5 p.m. here in Massachusetts. Svante's day is finally ending, but his company keeps running all its injection molding machines 24/7. Some of the guys operating the equipment used to be among the best players in the world.

They still can't quite meet demand...

...The conversation turns to Latitude 64 coming out with discs, like Westside's Finnish discs, except in Swedish. "So the Halo would be the 'Gloria', Riot would be 'Upplopp' and Bolt would be 'Åskvigg.' All would be 'PDGA-godkända' of course."

Swedish is a wonderful language. It looks like German but sounds like your mother assuring you to sleep. Mellifluous and slightly guttural, with syllables almost sung in a voice emanating from under the back of the tongue.

I jokingly advise Svante to stay away from any Swedish words that sound like English words for genitalia, yet seriously towards words that sound melodic when read aloud phonetically by American disc golfers.

Funny i just read that newsletter. Ya i would put the core between the fuse/pain so little interesting. More understable than the core and more stable than a fuse im assuming. Maybe more like a buzz ss. Will def try it. Bummer though i was set on mids.

hrmm I guess they are retooling the Core. I am ambivalent about this. I do love the Core but I do recognize its flaws. I will probably buy some, used.

hrmm I guess they are retooling the Core. I am ambivalent about this. I do love the Core but I do recognize its flaws. I will probably buy some, used.

I'd love a Core that is slightly more stable...Any time I wanted to juice a Core (with my less than stellar form) it would turn, but I can get on a Buzzz without that issue. An Opto or Gold Line Buzzz-like disc would be nice...

I'd love a Core that is slightly more stable...Any time I wanted to juice a Core (with my less than stellar form) it would turn, but I can get on a Buzzz without that issue. An Opto or Gold Line Buzzz-like disc would be nice...

I had this very same issue with the core. I wanted to love it, but my form wasn't clean enough to get a consistant flight with it. Half the time it would OAT over and the over half fly Pain overstable on me. THis was well over a year ago though so maybe I shoudl revisit it (cuz I need another mid :sick:)

Glad to see something new from them - was getting worried they were too busy w/DD and Westside! ..not that they've been lax on their release schedule or anything.

I think I was more excited to read that hard zero Pures and Sinuses are coming!

I'm interested in getting my hands on some of the Lat64 discs with Swedish names that they talk about in the Marshall Street newsletter:

I almost had a northman. When I got ready to complete order it said no longer in stock. Was kind of sad

"Between a Fuse and Pain"...that's like saying "Between a Firebird and Sidewinder"...not very helpful(yes, that's an extreme example)
My main GL Core is flat enough, but my backup is more domey like a Warship. I'll be interested in this for sure.

Latest posts