• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Maul

I don't have a big arm, and this is becoming my go to disc. I get a nice tight S flight and it just seems to go a long way. Not great for wind, but will handle a slight breeze.

I Love the Maul for hyzer flips and tail wind drives. 7 Glide folks. The Maul is a great tail wind fighter, IMO. Straightest flyer in my bag, too!

Still amazed this disc doesn't get more love.

I let my son throw it the other night, and he started parking baskets. Needless to say he has one in the bag now.

It is such an easy disc to throw, far.

Still amazed this disc doesn't get more love.

I let my son throw it the other night, and he started parking baskets. Needless to say he has one in the bag now.

It is such an easy disc to throw, far.

I might have one if I didn't have its nearby cousin, the River. Maul does sound interesting.

I really need to play with this disc more. Kinda married to the FD but the glide on this thing is stupid fun to watch.

Still bagging the same two Mauls. They are becoming UNDERSTABLE, to say the least. More so than an Underworld. I may ditch the Underworld and go Maul action all the way.

I too can't believe this disc does not get more love here. I went out and did some field throws with my new opto maul and wow does this thing fly! The glide is absolutely amazing and it just seems to keep going with perfect s turns. I think it's definitely going to make the bag and replace my beat understable teebird.

I never throw it forehand so I have no idea.... I never throw anything understable forehand and really have not had much luck when I try to. I only use stuff like my Thunderbird, Felon or Saint Pro for forehand shots as I only use RHFH shots on holes that require that sharp right turn requiring a good overstable disc. For pure distance if you have good forehand form I'm sure the Maul would work great with a little Hyzer release.

I never throw anything understable forehand and really have not had much luck when I try to. I

So, what is your shot when stuck on the left side just off the fairway and have to go straight to left? Throwing understable forehand is a great shot to learn... takes a little more touch to it and can't be over-powered or it won't work... anyway, don't give up on that shot as it can be a stroke saver.

It's definitely something I need to learn as I do need to improve my forehand form. I have used a stable mid range (seasoned mcpro roc3 or Mako3) on a anhyzer release with some success for such a shot if I do not have room for a backhand hyzer. The Mako3 will hold the anny angle all the way then finish flat and I even hit the chains on a 50 ft toss from some bushes/trees with it. Anything truly understable turns and burns when I forehand it so I'll have to keep working on it.

Dang this thing sails with very little effort. I just tried a couple of stand still field tosses during lunch and was very impressed. I believe this disc might give the most distance for the least effort of any disc I've ever thrown. It is indeed very similar to a River but seems to be just a bit faster and longer. I find the turn on my fresh Maul to about the same as my worn in River. There is virtually no fade on this disc either (even less than a River which has very little). Great disc that doesn't take a lot of arm to get down the fairway. Winner!

Bumpity bump, did someone say Maul?

No? Well get you one and see what you think, especially if you are a bit distance challenged.

I rotate a large collection of discs on a regular basis, trying out new stuff, and the Opto Maul recently made its way back into the bag, and I don't think it's leaving this time. If you are a 300' thrower, this disc allows you to focus on accuracy: you can hyzer it into mild winds, and bomb it in tailwinds, and everything in between.

I think it pairs better with a Saint than a River, which is near sacrilege with me, cuz I love my Rivers.

Bumparoony bumpidity bump.

So, I gave my Maul to my son last year, and just broke in a fresh one today. I still think this is one of the most underrated discs out there. Not for the power arms, but for mere mortals, such easy distance, easy accuracy.

You really couldn't go wrong giving this disc to beginners, intermediates, low-powered advanced players.

I will continue to beat the drum of this disc. :D

I don't know if I'd call myself a power thrower even though I can push stuff out past 400, but this disc really is nice. I found one at a local course and threw it a handful of times before giving it back to its owner who is a friend of mine, and boy it bombs with ease. At about 3/4 power it would just sail and didn't want to stop gliding. Reminded me a lot of a stupid long understable mid, like a longer fuse or something.

Maul is great to 300 just like you said. Id like it more if they made it in Frostline. I still bag a fairly soft Opto at 165grams for 300 foot turn over shots or tail winds. It really should be one of the first discs suggested to a newer player in the 200-300 foot range.

Bought 2 Optos yesterday and just tried one throw each. Slightly windy but they didnt seem to mind. Gliiiiide!!! Not warmed Up and not using full power, released slightly hyzer and watched them go. Easy +300 with Maybe 75% power
Really liked them from the get-go and they have a place in My bag now, paired with opto saint

what does the maul fly like in other companies?
comparable to an innova sidewinder??