• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Plastic

acme

I just got some new Latitude discs and so far I love them. I know that with Discraft and Inova there is a diff. in stability between ESP and Z or Champion and Star. Is there a difrence in Gold and Opto or Grip in the Latitude line?

Yeah I beleive Opto is supposed to be a little more stable than goldline and heard it has a little more glide. Im waiting to compare my new Opto Core to my GL Core to verify, but I think of Opto as being similar to Champ/Z and GL like a shiny star/ESP but very glossy.

Gripline I have not used but I think I only saw it as an alternative to the putter and it is actually less grippy looking than the Zeroline but have very limited experience with either. Just a Zero Pure.

Gold line is a just a pinch less stable than opto IMO.

This is generally a good assumption for their discs. As far as I know it holds true for all of there discs. If not, then it does for at least the more popular ones.

I like the opto because it's "champ" plastic with a star feel, IMO. I have some visions and strikers and love both. A sinus sp is also great

I like the opto because it's "champ" plastic with a star feel, IMO. I have some visions and strikers and love both. A sinus sp is also great

I agree with this. Translucent star-like plastic with better grip. Gold line has more flex. I haven't had durability issues with either.

The Opto reminds me alot of a 4X Pro Valkyrie I have, if that means anything. Shiny, grippy, clearish....

Yeah very pro candy like for opto...maybe not as gummy though but similar grip.

Zero is some of the grippiest stuff ever, grip is almost identical to the harder star.
Gold line is kind of odd...star looks and still better grip.

Premiere is very hard but grippy too.

First of all, there are no hard fast rules for differences in any of these plastics. Stability differs disc to disc, and there are unusual examples that go to both extremes with each plastic. Even if there are patterns, I don't think we've seen enough runs from Latitude over enough time to discern them. I've thrown a lot of different Lat discs, and I haven't found any patterns yet overall, nor do I expect to as there are too many other variables.

One thing that I do find a little strange is the "mini dome" as if it's pregnant. The dome isn't all the way across in a smooth curve, but rather pops up in the middle of the disc. Not sure what impact that has on stability and glide but I have a couple Opto Cores and it is really noticable.

First of all, there are no hard fast rules for differences in any of these plastics. Stability differs disc to disc, and there are unusual examples that go to both extremes with each plastic. Even if there are patterns, I don't think we've seen enough runs from Latitude over enough time to discern them. I've thrown a lot of different Lat discs, and I haven't found any patterns yet overall, nor do I expect to as there are too many other variables.

So would you say that the sriker flies the same no matter what plastic I buy, assuming that they weigh the same?

So would you say that the sriker flies the same no matter what plastic I buy, assuming that they weigh the same?

No. All the runs fly different. Flat GL Strikers are more understable than any Opto Striker I've thrown, but I've heard domey GLs are more stable. It has more to do with parting line height than anything.

Latest posts