• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Stilletto

Does the stiletto fly further for thumbers than the nuke os? There's been a few comments about how it flies in the air, but no one has actually said how far they can throw it vs. Z flick, firebird, or nuke os.

I'm getting one either way. Unless someone says for sure that nuke os is still the best for distance. (I suspect that it's still better, since the stiletto has a slight dome to it. Flat topped discs like the flick and nuke os seem to stay in the air way longer).

I'll post the results after it get mine. :)

The stiletto was predictable the time I threw it but my firebird goes farther. However for how far the stiletto does go it doesn't have a lot of lateral movement so staying in the fairway was easy as pie.

Edit: for thumbers/tomahawk throws.

Thanks thugjitsu. I think I won't bother ordering one then. I can just get another one of those sweet new-run Firebirds. OH MY GOD THERY'RE SO OVER-STAAABLE!

Ugh...couldnt help myself...came across a beatiful 168g opto in a unique watermelon red that i couldnt resist buying. Hopefully the thing doesnt boomerang back after i throw it and take me out.

So...after just receiving my beautiful watermelon pink stilleto, i got four good throws with it...even began to think this disc my be going in the bag. Then on the 5th throw i did a little tomahawk with it towards my bag (as I was getting ready to head to my house), expecting it to go only 250', and the thing took off, cut through the wind, and landed on top of a 30' high covered basketball court that was out over 325'. Have never been so frustrated when losing a disc.

So...after just receiving my beautiful watermelon pink stilleto, i got four good throws with it...even began to think this disc my be going in the bag. Then on the 5th throw i did a little tomahawk with it towards my bag (as I was getting ready to head to my house), expecting it to go only 250', and the thing took off, cut through the wind, and landed on top of a 30' high covered basketball court that was out over 325'. Have never been so frustrated when losing a disc.

So based on your distance and height, your tomahawk probably would have ended up travelling somewhere between 350-375 ft.

Bull****

Please explain, as I have seen tomahawks go this far, accurately no, distance yes.

I second this. I've even seen them accurate. It just requires a wide open field for it to work.

So based on your distance and height, your tomahawk probably would have ended up travelling somewhere between 350-375 ft.

Bull****

I have a couple friends up here in the great Northwest that can throw thumbers and tomahawks over 400. No, it's not the only shot in their arsenal, yes they are accurate, yes it's annoying when they can do it and you can't.

There are people here that can throw thumbers a mile as well... One kid is probably 19, throws over 600', and thumbs over 400' as far as I can tell... He throws flattop Firebirds down long tunnels because anything else isn't stable enough... He's crazy though.

Bull****

Jealous. ...

a 300 ft tomahawk is not that uncommon. Especially with younger kids that can throw hard as hell and not worry about their shoulder crapping out.

I can believe most discs could travel that far with a tomahawk but I am dubious that a Stilletto could. I don't think it is impossible, but that is one beefy disc.

In response to the bull**** comment, i get my tomahawks out to around 350' - 360' which i would expect this went (I've been playing baseball as a pitcher and short stop since I was 10, and am 6'4" giving me a little more power/snap experience)...it happened this time without me expecting it, which is what my point was. It was a wide open field, and had plenty of room. What I notice from it is it didn't flip as soon as I thought it would. It continued a perpendicular flight for a majority of its flight and didnt start flipping until it had started coming down quite a bit, which I'm not use to. I really liked it for the short period of time that I threw it, and think it has great potential as a utility disc...just gotta pick up a new one now :\

I too, have a buddy who can beast a tommy out well into the 400 foot range. That's real, appreciable distance. We have a short course in Colorado, Cumberland Green, and he tommy'd one for s&gs off the tee on hole 1 and it landed about 30 feet short of hole 2's basket. Not NEAR the basket mind you, but distance wise. That's a good 450 feet and by far the longest I've ever seen. He can also forehand a country mile, but with no accuracy whatsoever.

he did just have to undergo shoulder surgery (not from disc golf, but I'm sure his crazy shots didn't help) so I doubt he could do it right now, but when he's healed he might be able to. Here's a picture of him tommying hole 36 at Phantom Falls...it's like 255 feet or so but there is some huge pine trees in the way. He went up and over the trees, which are a good 75 feet tall and this time actually put it right next to the basket (missed his putt but that's another story) he uses a Nuke OS for these shots so I don't think it's super unreasonable to think a Stiletto could go that far. but for me, I can't get distance for crap out of this meathook.

150701_10200869330077848_1466000752_n.jpg

Last point...I have this in Opto plastic, 168grams. Anyone else notice how this run of Opto is more flexible? Maybe it's just me, maybe its the lighter weight, but mine seems much more flexible than my other Opto discs. My Opto Pure feels like a brick compared to this. Not gummy, but nice.

Latest posts