• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Trident.

I can't decide whether to get a trident. I feel like my bag is completely set, but this disc has always intrigued me. I assume of I got this, it would contend with my verdicts, which I really like. Also seems like there might be some over lab with my felons that won't be going anywhere. I just hate buying discs to throw a few times and put on the shelf. I'd probably be more inclined to part with my verdicts if the trident would be closest to that. I throw my verdicts 300' RHBH.

I can't decide whether to get a trident. I feel like my bag is completely set, but this disc has always intrigued me. I assume of I got this, it would contend with my verdicts, which I really like. Also seems like there might be some over lab with my felons that won't be going anywhere. I just hate buying discs to throw a few times and put on the shelf. I'd probably be more inclined to part with my verdicts if the trident would be closest to that. I throw my verdicts 300' RHBH.

Buy one and put it in the marketplace if you don't want to keep it

I feel that they aren't as overstable as a Felon and would be longer than a verdict. I think the big thing with a Trident is that they have no high speed turn but the fade isn't too heavy either. It might compete with your most overstable Saint Pro looking at your signature.

I feel that they aren't as overstable as a Felon and would be longer than a verdict. I think the big thing with a Trident is that they have no high speed turn but the fade isn't too heavy either. It might compete with your most overstable Saint Pro looking at your signature.

But- you can't really power down a trident like you can a saint pro. As soon as a trident starts to slow down its dumping left.

I've been bagging a Gold Line Trident for close to a year now (cycling two in/out of the bag) and I will never -not- have a Trident. Hands-down one of the best utility discs I've ever bagged.

It's good for every shot imaginable.

Honestly it does some weird things very well.

One of my go to get out of trouble shot is a high anny FH that pans to flat as it reaches the landing zone, Tridnet has it.

Short FH rollers to get out of trouble, great.

Longer shots that start with an anny and flex back some at the end, done.

And if you want to throw a nuts straight line drive FH shot at 350 or so, it can do that too.

Reviving this thread.

Just bought a 174gr Gold line Trident the other day. Was looking for a beefier Banshee type disc to throw spike Hyzers and FH/BH flex type woods shots. I was considering a GL XXX at the time, but seeing as I have a FAF Firebird and a flex Predator, I thought it would be too much overlap, so, I went Trident because it had a more comfortable rim, and now I'm disappointed!

They rate this as 5/2/0/5. My GL I would rate 7/3/-1/3. My year and a half old Star Banshee is still more stable. To me, the trident flies like a beat in Banshee. Flies well into the wind, spike hyzers well and forehand rolls good, but other than that, I was not impressed. Did they change the mold or did I get a dud?

I'll keep working with it to see if I can find a spot for it, but in all honesty, I can use a Banshee or Predator to cover the shots I was looking to fill better.

I should have never traded my Drone away! I was hoping for a 7 Speed Drone and basically got a brand new slower Eagle "X" in prettier plastic.

That's my experience as well. I think the biggest problem with the Trident are the numbers. Most people avoid it, because it sounds like an unusable monster, while people who look for one and buy it are disappointed by the straightness of the flight. They should just re-number it as 6/3/0/3 or something.

For grotto, I would recommend giving the Opto a go. Definitely more stable than the GL.

sounds like the trident isn't what it used to be and really IMO what made the mold so unique.

FR/old stamps were truly 5/2/0/5 -- slow no glide hard fade skippy bricks.

looks like an old post from Aug. 2013 brought this up actually:

Couple of things that I haven't seen mentioned:

1. The newer Trident Molds are different. The sparkle optos, and the newer optos are not nearly as overstable as they used to be, and the new GL (color shifts, etc.) come out the box new like a broke in GL. It seems as though Lat. really "softened" the disc in many ways.

Because of this...

2. Buy the older molds. The GLs are Gold, Blue, and Grey, and have a slightly different stamp. The Optos are pink, and orange, and I think I might have even seen a clear one...

3. Older GL's- when broken in, make a perfect fairway driver. You can even turn them over a bit... I often use my GL for a 250-300' fairway that is tight. It will run perfectly down the line I send it.

4. Older Optos- as you break them in, they still have meat hook tendencies, but will glide farther.

Right now for my Forehand throws, I still carry my ESP Zone that is nearly impossible to break in for 175-200' tosses, but the Trident can even steal some of those tosses if I'm really worried about the wind.

I really believe the Trident is one of the best discs that is completely overlooked.

Last edited:
For grotto, I would recommend giving the Opto a go. Definitely more stable than the GL.

Nah, I give up on Lat64. Folks complain about Innova being inconsistent, but from my experience Lat64 has been the worst. Maybe just my luck.

I'm going to try a DX Viper. For the shot I'm looking for and how often I need it, a DX should last a good while.

Nah, I give up on Lat64. Folks complain about Innova being inconsistent, but from my experience Lat64 has been the worst. Maybe just my luck.

Id agree once WS and DD were in the mix the PLH flood gates opened.

I have a extra MVP resistor sitting around (FAF banshee really) if you want to mess around with one LMK. Can always send it back if you don't like it. To me it is a (old mold) trident that actually FLIES.

You got a dud.

Lots of them are duds. Saw a bunch of domed up gl and opto. If you can pick a good flat one, you're good.

Which one r u talking about, Flow or Halo? I had 1 good Halo, and the dome monster, both GL...5 years back, don't even through the Halo anymore. Rim too plus, others do it better.

I have two Tridents that I've traded for and they are completely different, one is very stable and brick like, the other turns. Both are Opto and 175ish.

Id agree once WS and DD were in the mix the PLH flood gates opened.

I have a extra MVP resistor sitting around (FAF banshee really) if you want to mess around with one LMK. Can always send it back if you don't like it. To me it is a (old mold) trident that actually FLIES.

Thanks for the offer Aim, I've thrown a Resistor and like it but I was looking for more beef than a Banshee.

Oh, and by the way, thanks to your advise to another member on another thread, I went out and bought a Tesla and Inertia. Only done some field work, but so far I really like them.:thmbup::thmbup:

You got a dud.

Lots of them are duds. Saw a bunch of domed up gl and opto. If you can pick a good flat one, you're good.

Seems to be so. Mine is flat and is still a dud. Took it out again today for some field work against my Banshee, FD-2 and a new Viper, the Trident was a fail in the role it was supposed to fill. :thmbdown::thmbdown:

I am still using the Gl and Opto combo and loving it. I really like that it can do Firebird lines on a shorter scale.

I am still using the Gl and Opto combo and loving it. I really like that it can do Firebird lines on a shorter scale.

I bag a 163g Opto and a 177g GL. One flat, one a little domey. Both different. Both beautiful. That 163 will go out a long way, dead straight, 10 feet off the ground with a consistent and predictable fade.

Variance is a good thing, IMO. It's like a painter blending colors instead of just squeezing the "blue" acrylic on the palette and calling it good.