• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lay up mentality?

I choose a spot on the ground about 10ft to the right or left of the basket. I aim to hit that spot that way I usually have a 10-15ft tap-in.

This is a pretty good lesson
https://youtu.be/JzGm8L7O4qM

Everytime I get bad at these I try remember this video... or go re-watch it.

I can't forehand due to shoulder so... this has helped me tremendously. I used to use an envy great disc for these shots I now use a soft BT harp. Look at the basket (or tree gap), wrist above the shoulder, minimal reach back, follow through. If I need to go straight at the basket with the harp I put a pretty decent anny on it or I am throwing a bit of a spike hyzer to come in at the base of the pole if its open.

Get a bucket(or any object that you have laying around.)* Then find a field. Put the bucket down and walk 50 feet away. Now throw all the discs in your bag at the bucket. Repeat until all the discs land pretty close to the bucket. Move back 10 feet and repeat. Keep moving back till you are happy with the distance.

If you want to go crazy repeat the process using different throws anhyzer, spike hyzer, etc.

20-30 minutes of that 3 days a week for the next month and you should be good to go.

*If you have two buckets you can throw back and forth and get in more throws.

My solution was to find a friend and play catch with a putter. If you think about tossing with a friend, ~80-100 ft is pretty natural so you'll quickly get a good feel for it. I personally do a very abbreviated version of a real throw on a hyzer trying to make it. I make about 3% of them and the rest land about 10-15' left of the basket.

Sometimes I have to yell at my "friend" and tell him to stop being so lazy and stick his dang arm out. I mean, I can only do so much....Wake him up for subsequent holes..

At 80 Feet out I am often using a slow putter like midrange. It is a Star Shark, the domey ones without a flight number or my Pro Shark, both are at or 1 gram from 175 Grams. I like the midrange tht is like a putter for approach shots the discs at max putter weight ~175 grams or a putter that is nearly a midrange at and to be more putter at 175 grams. That way the one of the discs is also useful for a putter in windy shots and then as a driving putter or in the driving putter slot of the disc is a slow putter like midrange.

hey. just wanted to check back and say thank you to all of you. This is no longer an issue. I did some pracise and I am now more confident with these throws. Again, thank you all!

I was reading through this thread and clicked the link to the video and the next thing I know I'm watching an hour of Jomez.

It's great you're improving CoCo.

Latest posts