• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

left handed beginner looking to build my bag

lookalike

I'm not a rank beginner but I haven't played in ~5 years. I have a buzz z and a DX wedge right now and I'm looking to pick up 1-3 discs to round a basic bag, what would you suggest?

Basic driver like a Leopard or XL.

A good mid for form work like an Ontario Roc or a Comet.

Another putter. Aviar, Mercy, Magnet, Wizard. Options here are endless. Are you liking the low profile of the Wedge compared to other putters or did you just happen to get one?

I'm a lefty beginner also.

I have tried lots of discs but nothing that I'm into until I bought myself a vibram ibex and vibram summit.

Couldn't be happier now.

Another lefty here.
It's all about finding left-handed discs. Keep at it. They're out there. Plenty in the DGCR MarketPlace.:confused:

Okay, just kidding.

Scarpfish's post is good advice. Probably want to stay with DX or base plastic and work up from there as it wears in.

Another lefty here.
It's all about finding left-handed discs. Keep at it. They're out there. Plenty in the DGCR MarketPlace.:confused:

Okay, just kidding.

Scarpfish's post is good advice. Probably want to stay with DX or base plastic and work up from there as it wears in.

There is some truth to this finding lefty discs that work for you. I'm a lefty.

Lefty discs ~ under stable! because you will need more under stable discs than over stables because most courses are righty oriented. I have 9 under, 6 overs.

Work on developing a forehand shot, I'm late to the party on this front, but always room for improvement.

Welcome, it's a right hand world and Skins pretty much covered it. Go under stable. Comet, Stratus, lighter Leopard or Eagle. Or beat the crap out just about anything and it will be under stable sooner or later.

Another vote for the Leopard. I recommend a 150g Champion or Star plastic however.

A lightweight (150s) Jade is another good choice.

A putter like a Wizard as well.

Vibram discs for beginners:

unLace - maximum distance, left-turning holes
Trak - go-to driver, holds any line you put it on whether anhyzer/hyzer, maximum distance
Obex - similar to Roc, overstable version of Ibex
Ridge - birdie-machine, great driving putter, works well for spin-putting
Summit - understable putter for left-turning approaches
Sole - traditional-style putter, understable when driven

I'm a Lefty as well!

Drivers - star leopard , amp , volt and vision
Mid - fuse , buzz and pain
Putter - yeti pro

I was a Righty, but due to a injury I was forced to switch to Lefty. Almost all the courses I've played are " Righty" courses so those statements aren't to far off!

Don't worry about getting a Leopard or a TeeBird. Any speed 6-7 discs are going to be longest discs for a while until you learn proper form mechanics and technique.

Premium plastics tend to be more overstable right away, and they also hold that stability a lot longer, whereas cheaper plastics beat-in and lose said stability.

Maybe it's a lefty thing, but I strongly prefer the Eagle over the Teebird.

In answer to your question, a Z Buzzz, a lighter (150's or 160's) Champ Leopard, and a basic putter (Aviar, Wizard, Ridge, Pure) are all you need.

Latest posts