• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lefty Holes Question?

i think a 50/50 ratio would be best just to make it challenging regardless of how it would effect righties or lefties. a course set up to accomadate the 90% righty and 10% lefties would be kind of repetative for me and kinda hard for a lefty.

also i think we need to put righties who only throw sidearm in with the lefties which ive noticed has really increased in the last couple years.

Although I have seen where lefties do perform better on certain holes because of how that particular hole turns, HOWEVER, there are players that are forehand dominate, and if they are righties, often times their forehand shot is as good if not better than a natural lefty backhand. If you have a lefty that is forehand dominate, than any hole that is righty backhand suits them. Solution:....learn forehand and backhand!

Now that they're designing courses for left-handers, all I need is a disc designed for left-handers. After that, world domination.

This totally leaves out the fact that many righthanders throw almost exclusively forehand which is basically the same as LHBH. Certain holes lay out better for certain types of shots. 80 played has it right. Learn as many shots as you can. learn to turn your RHBH to the right.

learn scoobie, thumb and backhand rollers...i still think about the guys in va. who taught me forehand..improved my game tremendously!!(shout out to biscoe and hyzell(sp?).. the more shots you feel comfy with, the easier it is to get out of trouble and save strokes!!

OK OK I made some assumptions but I assume some people got my point? I did some further research and according to Neurologists left handed people have a statistical advantage if activities relating to creativity and spatial awareness. Disc Golf=creativity and spatial awareness. Right handers do better at linear thought processes. So we are better at keeping score while the lefties win championships! Damn You left handers its just not fair!

What about lefties who throw RHBH?

(I know, I know: they're confoozed ;) )

I throw RHBH almost exclusively. I really need to work on my forehand, though. If I never have to throw my Stingray again it will be too soon! :D

I know that usually there are several routes to a basket and you need different skill sets such as anhyzer and understable discs etc. but in all reality there are some holes that seem to favor lefties vs righties and vice versa. My question is this..If 10% of all people are lefties than only 2 holes on a course should be lefty holes. My logic is that if half of the holes are lefty than we are favoring lefties because it seems to me that they then have an advantage over 90% of the people playing that course. Just a thought I have noticed when observing how so many lefties seem to dominate this game. Basically any design beyond 2 lefty holes on an 18 hole course seems to favor lefties. I am only talking about severe lefty holes here. The type that are low and tight right doglegs where a righty is taking two shots and a lefty is hyzering through the turn fairways.

I am left-handed, and I throw predominantly LHBH. I had to develop a forehand throw for left-turning fairways, just like predominant RHBH have to develop alternative shot for right-turning fairways. The premise that most holes on a course should conform to the "easiest" or most comfortable shot for the majority of golfers playing it only limits the challenges and therefore depth of the game experience.

Otherwise, find a left-turning fairway, throw it 18 times, and call it a day.

I agree that diversity is the most fun in a course...never was on a crusade against lefties and think an all righty course would suck....not sure how my thread got all confused?

I agree that diversity is the most fun in a course...never was on a crusade against lefties and think an all righty course would suck....not sure how my thread got all confused?

Stupid Lefties! I think you really do need at least a few holes that benefit lefties because believe it or not...we do exist! Like you said, the diversity makes it fun. Trust me, it's not often I can walk up to a hole and have it play perfectly to my LHBH throw. So when it does happen its kinda nice.

OK OK I made some assumptions but I assume some people got my point? I did some further research and according to Neurologists left handed people have a statistical advantage if activities relating to creativity and spatial awareness. Disc Golf=creativity and spatial awareness. Right handers do better at linear thought processes. So we are better at keeping score while the lefties win championships! Damn You left handers its just not fair!

I was gonna say this in my last post but didn't wanna sound dumb if nobody had heard it. It's very true. For example, my one friend who is righty will walk up to a shot and only see one option. I'll walk over and show him 2-3 easier ways to go. He always says if they had caddies in tournaments he'd hire me.

Latest posts