• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lefty or righty?

Are you a right handed thrower or left handed thrower?

• Right

Votes: 91 77.1%
  • Left

Votes: 27 22.9%

• Total voters
I can't forehand...something ive been wanting to develop but I am now just thinking of learning LH instead.

There should be an option to put both. I have been playing with both hands for a long time. Here is some video of my left and right in action.

Those are some nice looking offhand shots. I've never see Hellyer anywhere near that green, it's been dry as dust every time I've been there. Those new long pins look pretty sweet, I don't think they were in when I was there.

I started out RHFH then worked on my RHBH and now throw that mostly. I never thought that swinging a bat is the same motion as throwing LHBH. (I did switch hit whenever playing baseball though) I think my goal for this year will be to learn a LHBH throw.

BTW, as it stands right now (75 righties and 19 lefties), that's at least double the national average of 11% left-hand-dominant.

That is actually not surprising to me after thinking about it. A large percentage of lefties are athletic.

i throw lhbh dominantly but have no problem lhfh. my question, for the lefties, is do you feel you have more understable to stable discs to cope with the majority of courses being built/designed by righties?

i throw lhbh dominantly but have no problem lhfh. my question, for the lefties, is do you feel you have more understable to stable discs to cope with the majority of courses being built/designed by righties?

I have the same range of stabilities to cover my shots as a RHBH I think, but after flirting with the Buzzz, I built my game around the Comet due to my home course being RHBH favoured.

right handed thrower. I do most everything right handed except I shoot a rifle left handed but thats because I'm left eye dominant. I can drink a beer with my left hand too.

FYI - Billy Wagner was right handed as a child and had some kind of accident that broke his right arm, he learned to throw left handed and Dominated as a closer for years on the hill for Houston, NY & Atlanta. he still holds the DIII strikeout record as a lefty as well as many Major league baseball records

Last edited:

No, not if you can find a left-handed disc.:D

Since I LHBH and RHfH, I use a lot of understable plastic to allow me to throw different types on annies.
When i want them to go straight, I just hyzer-flip.

Those are some nice looking offhand shots. I've never see Hellyer anywhere near that green, it's been dry as dust every time I've been there. Those new long pins look pretty sweet, I don't think they were in when I was there.

it was all because of an injury, but if you ever played baseball and can swing a bat you can throw left handed. the translation is really there and an easy one to make.