• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Legacy Cannon

mikk

Par Member
I just got my first run Cannon in ICON plastic 175g, red color with a bronze/copper(?) color stamp. Speed 14. I dont know the glide or fade numbers, not stamped on the disc. This is an easier to turn over (rhbh) distance driver than the Rampage. The Cannon is a lazer beam of a distance driver for me, with a lot less fade than the Rampage.
I broke my personal best distance drive yesterday with the Cannon. Throwing RHBH I got my 175g DD2 Frenzy to fly 435 feet on flat land. Well the 175g Cannon got me to 503 feet! I couldnt believe how "straight" the flight pattern was compaired to any other distance drivers I have thrown. Usualy I have to take a overstable disc and "turn it over" to get a good helix flight to get good distance. With the Cannon I can rip a flat straight drive and get 350ft EASY, way too easy actualy. The thing I have noticed is that the Cannon is more of a finnesse driver, requiring less energy (easier to throw) for good distance. If you realy rip the Cannon its got a realy nice turn to it. IF I have to compare it to another disc I would say its like a champ SL with a supercharger on it :)
The ICON plastic is realy supple and grippy at the same time, even at freezing temps. It was only 30deg F yesterday.
I was using the Cannon on all of my drives for 18 holes with distances from 250ft to 480ft. For the longer distances I had to put a little hyzer (rhbh) and give it 70% power. For my shorter drives under 350ft I was throwing LHFH, and this is where the Cannon kills the compitition. Super easy to control, with NO run-up I hit the pin on a 280ft drive throwing LHFH.
I will be going to a bigger course tomorow so I can give the Cannon a better over-all test.

Well the Cannon kicked my Halo, Katana and DD2 Frenzy out of the bag. I let a few friends test drive the Cannon. 2 of them got the Cannon and removed 4 discs outa the bag. If you think the Katana, Halo and the Frenzy were great for big helix turn over drives FORGET IT!! The Cannon is their replacement. I realy felt it was easier to control, and its down right fast! Realy REALY FAST. Did I say fast yet?

i havent thrown a cannon yet, but i had a king in VIP and tournament plastic, they were both really understable, HUK Finn do you throw kings? are they all really understable like the ones i got? im hoping the cannon is not as understable as my kings

i havent thrown a cannon yet, but i had a king in VIP and tournament plastic, they were both really understable, HUK Finn do you throw kings? are they all really understable like the ones i got? im hoping the cannon is not as understable as my kings

I do throw them. I noticed that my flat Tourney ones were flippier than my domier VIP ones. Occasionally I flip my King too much and it takes off in the wrong direction pretty far and doesn't come back too much. But if I put a lil hyzer on it, it goes dead straight I'm a fan of the disc. Could be also that you have a bigger throw/arm than I..

Yeah basically. However I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail so I still haven't thrown it. I'm just sharing what DD put on their FaceBook page.

Eh, the Nuke SS is like all turn, no fade. This disc sounds more like a better premium plastic Katana in that it might actually fight out of a turn.
If that's the case, I think I'd like this disc. I have a nuke ss and don't care for it much. It won't come out of a turn for anything.

Eh, it's no doubt a touchy disc. There's no way to make a beginner friendly speed 14 turnover disc. You've really got to have mastery over nose angle that takes years to develop in order to throw **** like this accurately over long distances (450+). Still, sounds interesting....

I can push that nuke out 400 or so but I have to hyzer flip it to get it there. If the cannon will flex a little It may turn into my max d driver.

I can't wait to get mine to try out
I'd like to see them in slightly lower weights (168-170)
I thnk I'm getting 172s

I am also waiting on a couple of Protege Rampages

Latest posts