• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

Haha that is basically the exact opposite of what I've been saying, both of mine seem to have good high-speed stability but not a lot of fade. My pink Protege Ghost was the perfect choice on Saturday for a 300' low tunnel shot that needed a gradual left turn the whole way. It held the exact line for the whole flight, all the way to the ground. Of course I missed the 10' birdie putt, but that's not the Ghost's fault.

I'm assuming you have thrown a lot more of them than I have.

It's not the opposite, but I won't argue that point. I just meant that zj is a Legacy sponsored pro who can throw much farther than I can so you should take his word over mine (and most other people's).

thanks to Streets i know have a couple and cant wait to get more throws with them under my belt! I love my Excels and have been using my flat second run pinnacle for my more beefy ghost shots but i by far prefer more "baseline" type mids so these bad boys will be trying to take over that slot for me .. oooo cant wait this protege/excel setup is going to be ever so much fun! :)

are these holding the anny line to the ground for most of you guys or does it flex out?

Got my Protege Ghosts in yesterday.
Initial thoughts are:
-Quite Domey (both of mine are pink)
-Plastic feels smooth and velvety
-Perfect squared inner rim (no + rim here)
-Not as firm as I had anticipated

and i left it in the middle of the field at oakwood, hole 17. xD so much for that idea. definitely still nowhere near my kc rocs in terms of stability, more like a dx. was good, though. still like them.

im absolutely loving these new protege ghosts!!! finally snagged my first Ghost ace with my blue protege over the weekend :thmbup:

I gave him that Ghost, so hopefully an ace is in my future lol

I gave him that Ghost, so hopefully an ace is in my future lol
All I can picture is this...
17j9b9aibog7ejpg.jpg

Got my Protege Ghosts in yesterday.
Initial thoughts are:
-Quite Domey (both of mine are pink)
-Plastic feels smooth and velvety
-Perfect squared inner rim (no + rim here)
-Not as firm as I had anticipated

Spoke with Rico at the Beaver State Fling and he mentioned that the first run protégés came out a little softer than they were hoping, especially in the heat. He mentioned that the next run would be a little firmer.

I met Steve this past weekend at glide and snagged a protege ghost and had him sign it. Super cool dude I ran late back to work shooting the breeze with him. He helped me pick the ghost out and signed it. Now I need to snag another to throw because he was very careful to sign it perfectly. Hot dang this blend feels amazing.

I am really enjoying the new blend. Grip gets better with a little wear and feels great when wet. I can get it to flip up to flat and still fade a little at the end. I think these are going to be perfect for cycling.

Koda, if you are just talking about the current Protege Ghosts then they are money. I finally have one that beat in to that spot where it might flip up just the tiniest bit and pretty much holds any line you put it on. They go really far too. Definitely the perfect stability for cycling. Fresh they have significant fade, but after a week or two of (heavy) use they beat in to just a bit of fade, and then after a couple of months they are super straight. Still haven't worked one in to understable yet, but that's what the Gauge is for :)

I LOVE the new Protege Ghost...everything you could want in a do it all midrange and exactly the Ghost i have been waiting for! .. I too plan on cycling them but my blue is still very stable so using my seasoned excel ghosts with it till then.. Mine are pretty stiiff.. well stiff rim with a lil give in the flight plate but not much .. i cant wait to see how they beat in going to be pure buttah!

The pink I've been throwing is the beefy premium baseline Roc I haven't been able to find in an actual baseline Roc. I am really looking forward to seeing how well it seasons.