• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs Phenom

Legend Gunmetal was about the same as Red Icon for me, in fact it broke in faster and is less stable than Red Icon already.

That doesn't surprise me - I felt some rough edges on the Legend at the end of the battle, whereas the Icon was mint.

Played the Battle of the aces about two months ago and fell in love with the phenom almost immediately. These things felt like they were the perfect fit for my bag. Of course 3 aces did help make a good first impression. So I swooped up all the Phenoms I could and managed to get 3 gunmetal legend 174g and 3 slime legend 174g. After having them in my bag for the last 2 months I can say that they're staying there. These things are dead straight and fly great with little effort perfectly fitting my playing style. IME the flight very closely follows a beat TL. As far as durability goes, the gunmetal legend has held up great and has sustained no major dings or damage after 60 rounds.

The RIDGE video on my YouTube features several drives with the gunmetal Phenoms.

Last edited:
Just looking at PDGA approved discs sheet and speculating:

Doing a physical comparison of Rival/Patriot/Phenom

Diameter is all about the same (R: 21.3/P: 21.2/PH: 21.2) cm

Height, Phenom is the smallest (R: 2.0/P: 1.8/Ph: 1.7) cm

Rim Depth is very similar for each (R: 1.2/P: 1.1/Ph: 1.2) cm

Inside Rim Diameter (R: 17.8/P: 17.6/Ph: 17.7)

Rim Thickness (R: 5.6/P: 5.2/Ph: 5.7) <- Phenom rim slightly thicker than Rival?

Rim Depth (R: 29.25/ P: 28.25/PH: 33.25) <- Phenom much deeper. I belive, correct me if I'm wrong, this will add to both glide and stability

Skipping Rim Depth/Diam Ratio and Rim Config, cuz I don't have any idea what that means, we get to

Flexibility (R: 11.11/ P: 12.02/Ph: 8.16) Kgs

Alright! So, there's the info. These three discs are very similar in a lot of fields.
I went ahead and also looked at Innova's TL while I was there, and other than flexibility VERY SIMILAR!

So, that's my guess. This disc will glide, have a little less turn than the patriot, and have a little bit of fade.

So, if I had to guess, I'm saying the Phenom will be something like 7 5 0 1 or 7 6 0 1
Maybe even 7 5 -1 1

any other speculators out there?

So, that's my guess. This disc will glide, have a little less turn than the patriot, and have a little bit of fade.

So, if I had to guess, I'm saying the Phenom will be something like 7 5 0 1 or 7 6 0 1
Maybe even 7 5 -1 1

Leaving the Rival out of the equation, as that seems to be less likely comparison to either Patriot or Phenom, I haven't quite gotten as many throws with the Phenom as I would've liked, but using it on the course a few times and on the field once in direct match after my Patriots (throw my two Pats, then Phenom), I'd say Phenom has more turn, but also seemed to fade more as well, so would end up on line, while the Patriot gets to roughly the same spot, but on a more direct line in general. This is with flat releases (at least that's was what I was going for :D ). My discs in question are Icon Pats at 164 (White) and 166 (Blue), Legend Phenom at 167 (Purple).

Somebody earlier in this thread (or in a Legacy thread anyways) posted numbers of 7/5/-3/2 for the Phenom. That would be more turn and more fade than a Patriot (7/5/-2/1), which would be inline with what I've seen so far.

Interesting. I've been looking all over to find some legit stats for this thing.

If the stats ARE like how you describe, that makes for a very interesting disc.

The Phenom I have is 173, and it does not seem to turn hard at all, so I wonder how much the weight comes into the equation. That said, I've hardly gotten to throw it, so perhaps I'll change my mind once I get my hands on it more.

I find mine to be a touch faster than a Patriot. I would probably say 8/5.5/-1/1. Finishes almost dead straight for me. I should mention that mine is a 174 Legend.

This will be the next new mold I buy. Love my Patriot, lost my old one, bought a new one, and liking it even better. A few holes I play I could use a little extra distance, so hoping that will be the Phenom.

Just looking at PDGA approved discs sheet and speculating:

Doing a physical comparison of Rival/Patriot/Phenom

Diameter is all about the same (R: 21.3/P: 21.2/PH: 21.2) cm

Height, Phenom is the smallest (R: 2.0/P: 1.8/Ph: 1.7) cm

Rim Depth is very similar for each (R: 1.2/P: 1.1/Ph: 1.2) cm

Inside Rim Diameter (R: 17.8/P: 17.6/Ph: 17.7)

Rim Thickness (R: 5.6/P: 5.2/Ph: 5.7) <- Phenom rim slightly thicker than Rival?

Rim Depth (R: 29.25/ P: 28.25/PH: 33.25) <- Phenom much deeper. I belive, correct me if I'm wrong, this will add to both glide and stability

Skipping Rim Depth/Diam Ratio and Rim Config, cuz I don't have any idea what that means, we get to

Flexibility (R: 11.11/ P: 12.02/Ph: 8.16) Kgs

Alright! So, there's the info. These three discs are very similar in a lot of fields.
I went ahead and also looked at Innova's TL while I was there, and other than flexibility VERY SIMILAR!

Maybe even 7 5 -1 1

Gunmetal Legend = 7 5 -1 1

Slime Green Legend = 7 5 -2 1

http://i.imgur.com/EOzCU1N.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jaJEBpb.jpg

Last edited:
for those of you who have thrown a Phenom how does it fit in with the Rival and Patriot? Would be nice to not have to beat in a Rival for that tweener flight.

12273720_1182949661732921_6491741192758470205_o.jpg

Sounds cool. Rival'esque

Personally for my bag it may be overlap. I don't bag allot of molds. I like the rival the way it is.

Legacy seems to be putting out really good stuff. I'm totally set with what I'm throwing now so I don't have any room for a new mold. If I was a Legacy sponsored player I would be very happy with their line-up. They seem to have it all except a Firebird clone.

The Phenom is like a longer patriot. I have found the Legends to be a bit more flippy and the red Icon form my player pack is much more stable. It is great for long, wooded holes that require a nice drawn out S curve.

Legacy seems to be putting out really good stuff. I'm totally set with what I'm throwing now so I don't have any room for a new mold. If I was a Legacy sponsored player I would be very happy with their line-up. They seem to have it all except a Firebird clone.

Firebird clone is in testing at least, called the Enemy.

And yeah Legacy's lineup just keeps getting better and better. They have top notch plastics as well.