• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Icon Cannon

Ya I have noticed a ton of variation in the mold honestly. When I say flippy I mean they turn and continue to turn, possibly flexing back at the end haha. The only time I hve had a use for this disc is a wide open 550ft hole. Hyzer flip turnover and the disc stays in the air forever!

yeah I guess I was hoping for a truly understable rampage instead it was more like one that had more turn and fade

let's talk more about cannons.

right now i love my star destroyer and i'm pushing it out to 430' regularly on anny lines, about 400-415' on a flat rip. as it seasons i know it will just go farther and farther.

i've been experimenting with distance lines: my domey pro destroyer bombs too but i have a problem (mostly me) with turning it over and it not coming back. i'm trying to learn how to throw higher for distance but i tend to roll anhyzer on accident when i try to throw flat and and really high. the pro destroyer doesn't fight out of it.

something like a cannon may be more forgiving and give me some extra distance? i threw one before and it was a stupid decision, at that point i was throwing 330' max.

Im in the camp of when throwing max D you should be hyzerflipping not forcing an anny. Just watch any top pro throw for max distance they are pretty much all hyzer flipping not flexing the disc.

I have an icon cannon that easily reaches 450+ on a distance line, but distance lines are touchy. It's a fine line between getting it the disc to flip enough to ride and flipping it into the ground.

I think the issue most are having here, including me, is that Cannons are much more speed sensitive than the Rampage. For those of us without the snap/launch speed to get either up to proper cruising speed, the Rampage is actually easier to throw than the Cannon.

Just find a flippy cannon and kill at in a hyzerflip. It's pretty easy to find really os cannons.

I have a white one that has turned flippy on me. It started out pretty stable. Any relation between color and stability? I want to pick up a new one, but don't want it to be flippy from the start.

I have a Hot Pink Icon Cannon that's pretty stable. The hot pink varies though, i have a hot pink icon rival thats not a very stable rival, but in the cannon it seems to be stable.

Purple has always been the least stable color for me in all their molds so i avoid that, but blue and white seem to be more stable esspecially that aqua blue stuff omg..

Last edited:
bought a couple cannons today. pink is max D status on high lines. purple had much more stability but still a max d disc. definitely go far. good pairing with a giant.

Got some aqua blue baby's on the way... On the lighter side, hoping the extra stable blend plus light weight = the disc that will help we get to that elusive 500'

Found them on fb bought from a private seller near the legacy factory 168, they just came in, brining one out tonight to test it out

Follow up... Took out one of the 168 aqua cannons last night and it shows no turn @ 400+' couldn't push it out as far as my frost bolt or light 2nd run outlaw, but I'm sure after a few more throws, hit a couple things, get used to it, it has potential to be the longest golf disc in my bag. One other thing to note that I'm sure adds to the stability, the fight plate on these cannons is noticeably thin, have not had a ton of pinnacle plastic but I've never seen flight plates so thin on legacy discs I've owned. To me this means all the weight is in the giant rim, gyroish I dare say.

^Funny, I almost bought those through a friend (he was on FB while we took a break from NHL 15 the other night)...ended up buying 5 168 aqua Pinnacles elsewhere:rolleyes: I owned a handful of first runs and eventually sold them all, but recently wide rims have been feeling comfortable to me (fairly small hands) so I figured why not give them a go again.

Looking forward to throwing them in a few hours!

Disappointed with mine so far. They are fast, they go up and turn well and then just seem to nose up stall at the end of the flight and dump out. I got more d out of my nukes and similar d out of my destroyers. Mine also are flattish with a dip in the middle. Should I look for some dome?

Cannon

Oh my. I threw an Icon Cannon on the course for the first time today. The thing is incredible. Lots of glide, just a slight turn to the right on hard, flat rips and massive distance. My Torrent and this Cannon were neck and neck in distance today.

Seems to have a bit straighter flight with less low speed fade than a Rampage.

I'll call this one of the top 5 distance discs I've ever thrown. I was getting about 430' on good rips. The Cannon seems to be the type of disc that could do 500' thrown properly.

Im in the camp of when throwing max D you should be hyzerflipping not forcing an anny. Just watch any top pro throw for max distance they are pretty much all hyzer flipping not flexing the disc.

I have an icon cannon that easily reaches 450+ on a distance line, but distance lines are touchy. It's a fine line between getting it the disc to flip enough to ride and flipping it into the ground.

I'm beginning to see this. Today I was releasing just very slightly hyzer and the disc was popping up flat or tracking just a tiny bit right. I was getting better distance doing that than I was trying to throw anny flex shots. The hard, slightly hyzer rip might just be the way to go.

So I found a Halloween stamped Cannon, in I think Icon plastic.

It was only $5 and in good shape so Inthough what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

Feels a lot like a King and the glide should be pretty good.

Would te Legacy guys say it's King like? or a different animal?

Latest posts