• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Icon Cannon

So I found a Halloween stamped Cannon, in I think Icon plastic.

It was only $5 and in good shape so Inthough what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

Feels a lot like a King and the glide should be pretty good.

Would te Legacy guys say it's King like? or a different animal?

The Cannons I've thrown have been more stable than the Kings I've thrown. Similar speed and glide. Both are super fast. I'd probably choose the Cannon because there's less chance it'll flip and never come back.

Agreed. I own a couple Cannons and thought I'd throw a few Kings I found in the used bin at Disc Nation just to see what they were like, and they were a lot more understable than my purple 173 pinnacle and pink/white 167 pinnacle Cannon. Throwing them the same way I do the Cannons (a little high and a little hyzer) to get that nice flip, ride, fade S shot, resulted in cut rollers.

I heard from someone on team Legacy that they are messing with a new Cannon mold and might change the flight numbers. He went through the factory and got a few of the new swirly Icon Cannons and he said they were beefy. This is all unsubstantiated, but I did hear they have their own CNC now.

Has anyone tossed any swirly Icon Cannons?

I've got a couple of Icon Cannons from a couple years ago that are more overstable than several of my Rampages. I put them in the pile because they were so HSS I couldn't get them out to 400'. Perhaps if I took the time to beat them in they'd be bombers since the LSS was less than my average Rampage, but ain't nobody got time for that.

Cannon

I heard from someone on team Legacy that they are messing with a new Cannon mold and might change the flight numbers. He went through the factory and got a few of the new swirly Icon Cannons and he said they were beefy. This is all unsubstantiated, but I did hear they have their own CNC now.

Has anyone tossed any swirly Icon Cannons?

OK, this thread is old AF, but I figure I have something of relevance. The latest Cannon I threw recently was a purple Icon 175. I have no clue when the disc was made, but this thing is ridiculously beefy. It won't fly flat for long and glides poorly. This is quite a bit different than the Cannons I remember throwing years prior. Maybe there's some truth to Legacy changing this mold in some way.

All the speed is still there, but this disc is an absolute chore to throw. I couldn't even get it to 400'. Numbers were something like 14, 4, 0, 4. REALLY beefy. Reminiscent of an Ape or something. Good headwind disc, but this isn't what I'm looking for when I pick up a Cannon.

I have a stack of older aqua 167 Pinnacles that are generally true to the-3/3 flight numbers. The new Howitzer stamped ones I have (four I think) are all absolutely more overstable and would be more like 0/3 when new. The 5year ones are BEEF...like +1/4 or something. I've beaten one into -1/4 territory (7/10 sleepy?) but it still has a very strong fade, the other three are more overstable than an Xcal for sure.

Sorry not Icon, but still figured I should speak up.

Threw a 165g Icon Cannon in the field today. I figured at that weight the disc would be flippy. It was. Lots of speed and turn. Overall I was fairly disappointed in the performance though. This Cannon started out great and flew really nice S curves. However, late in flight it just died and plummeted to the earth like a meteorite. Dumpiest late fade I've seen in a long time. This was costing the disc probably 30' at least. I had a Knight and G* Shryke out there today that were both consistently longer than this Cannon... by 20' or more.

This Cannon today kinda reminded me of a star Katana. Lots of speed and turn, but a really dumpy late fade. Disc is also fairly flat. No dome.

165 Icon Cannon was flying something like 14, 4, -3, 3. Glide just wasn't really there. This disc should have been longer than what I was seeing.