• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Mongoose

Marin disc sports has some blue legend mongoose, all like 174/175. Some Ghosts and a light Gauge an a few other molds as well. $18 or 2 for $34 super bowl Sunday sale

I was at the Legacy warehouse a month ago and snagged a silver Legend Grinder Mongoose <stamp dropout, that's it>. It's slightly domey but throws very very well...My form is inconsistent right now but when I actually hit things decently it flies dead on the numbers.

The first run mongooses are flip city rollers. I love mine. Are any other runs the same as these first ones that I wish I could find more of?

Im curious as well.. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my First Runs so much damn fun to roll. I have some production icon at home but honestly i havent tossed them yet. I had one that i received a lil used and threw it once or twice and it was def not as understable but it was also heavier than what i normally throw.. it is now in the hands of Scared Discless

Im curious as well.. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my First Runs so much damn fun to roll. I have some production icon at home but honestly i havent tossed them yet. I had one that i received a lil used and threw it once or twice and it was def not as understable but it was also heavier than what i normally throw.. it is now in the hands of Scared Discless

and it was thrown a few times yesterday :hfive:. It loves to fly a sweeping anhyzer route when you give it some height.

One I have isn't as understable as a SW even. Kind of weird cause I had a Bandit that was flip city. I guess it's just normal inconsistency I guess. I bag it sometimes.

Which one seems to hold a straight line longer, between a bandit and Mongoose?

I'm not sure what you mean by straight. On avg the Bandit is straighter for me, I've got 3 right now. It doesn't turn as much as the Mongoose (though mine is beefy for a Mongoose maybe -2 turn). Really depends on the throw and your power. Lower power or hyzerflipping a Mongoose could be straighter. Depends on the individual disc, I've found them to be inconsistent (Legacy) though all disc manufacturers are not perfect by any means.

I have a new white icon mongoose that's been in the bag a couple weeks like -2 turn out of the box and at first i couldn't roll it very easily because it didn't want to flip over and roll straight without me really forcing some big anny on the release.. after a couple weeks its starting to turn on its own enough on some hard rips but i still have to give it some good anny.. My first run blue icon was flippy enough out of the box to roll pretty easily though. I prefer the new white one because it rolls longer before it curls im getting it out around 400' on a roller shot.

A Bandit will have some good turn to it out of the box, there are a few out there that start out straighter (like my hot pink icons and gunmetal legend) but most are under-stable.

If your looking for straight though a Phenom is THE BEST option by FAR! Cant say enough about how great this new disc is, its like a longer patriot.. ive been throwing my Icon Red Phenom a ton lately for straight shots and its just an amazing disc for those lines it doesn't really turn much unless you want it to, currently its the Battle of the aces disc so your only able to get them at the events atm, but if you go on the Legacy Collectors FB page and ask around im sure you could get one easily for around $15 if people have extras. I also have a Gunmetal Legend Phenom but it has a little turn to it compared to the red icon.

Not sure what speed your looking for in a straight flying disc, but the Patriot (speed 7) Fairway Driver is also a great option in pinnacle plastic or Legend they fly very straight out of the box.

I have a new white icon mongoose that's been in the bag a couple weeks like -2 turn out of the box and at first i couldn't roll it very easily because it didn't want to flip over and roll straight without me really forcing some big anny on the release.. after a couple weeks its starting to turn on its own enough on some hard rips but i still have to give it some good anny.. My first run blue icon was flippy enough out of the box to roll pretty easily though. I prefer the new white one because it rolls longer before it curls im getting it out around 400' on a roller shot.

A Bandit will have some good turn to it out of the box, there are a few out there that start out straighter (like my hot pink icons and gunmetal legend) but most are under-stable.

If your looking for straight though a Phenom is THE BEST option by FAR! Cant say enough about how great this new disc is, its like a longer patriot.. ive been throwing my Icon Red Phenom a ton lately for straight shots and its just an amazing disc for those lines it doesn't really turn much unless you want it to, currently its the Battle of the aces disc so your only able to get them at the events atm, but if you go on the Legacy Collectors FB page and ask around im sure you could get one easily for around $15 if people have extras. I also have a Gunmetal Legend Phenom but it has a little turn to it compared to the red icon.

Not sure what speed your looking for in a straight flying disc, but the Patriot (speed 7) Fairway Driver is also a great option in pinnacle plastic or Legend they fly very straight out of the box.

Your mileage may vary... I'd have to agree to disagree with most of this. :confused:

Your mileage may vary... I'd have to agree to disagree with most of this. :confused:

What are you disagreeing with? :confused:

Obvious everyone will have different results based on skill level and inconsistency in plastic, but this is my experience.

I'm going to necro this thread because I think the Mongoose is a pretty amazing disc. Anyone else out there throwing these?

My personal favorite is a silver Legend one that I picked up a while back. Thrown at about 80% power it gives me a smooth, controllable turn. It also gets out there pretty far with a nice and easy throw. Definitely find myself reaching for it more and more these days.