• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard3

There are 2 kinds of Luster for the Gibson leo3s. There is the matte kind that feels less dense and comes in the pink orange blue and green and there is a slick shiny luster that is closer to candy CE I have only seen it in red yellow and blue with the red and yellows being the best. The matte luster is just slighty more stable than regular champ but the glossy stuff is quite a bit more stable. It is also friggin indestructible. 2 years in the bag and one of my red ones has barely beat in. Grab some of the shiny ones if you can. Best plastic Innova has run in a decade

Interesting

The blue ones I have are definitely not matte but I wouldn't call them slick.

The grip is very nice.

I also had the feeling they are indestructible. I thought all luster was like this. Good to know that's not the case.

For some reason, I've got it in my head that I must throw only first run champ leopard3's. I now have 4 or 5 of them. They're not old enough to be really expensive, but I've probably paid around $20 on average. Does anyone have any experience with the proto stamped leo3's vs current runs?

For some reason, I've got it in my head that I must throw only first run champ leopard3's. I now have 4 or 5 of them. They're not old enough to be really expensive, but I've probably paid around $20 on average. Does anyone have any experience with the proto stamped leo3's vs current runs?

I have everything except the proto-star FR Leo3s, so I cannot give you a comparison based upon my own experience. :(

What I can tell you is that the Leo3 comes in everything from the relatively overstable Glow Champion, to the Hannah Leatherman Star and Color Glow Champ discs, to regular Champion and Star, so I'm sure one of those will fly like the first runs.

I've had my own crock pot conspiracy theories that the large protostar stamp and all large stamps effect flight stability due to flattening the flight plate like the old ching process

That being said my current stamped one flys just like my protos did lol

Got any green first runs?

Got any green first runs?
No green. Pink is the current thrower. Maroony-red is in the backup bag. And then the orange and yellow are still 10/10 in the sleeves. I yanked my original pink one into a creek. It had a nice green foil and it was my reverse watermelon buddy. :(

Yeah Ive lost 2 green first runs ,one a disc or die secondary stamped one.
My current is a tye dyed stock stamp from a couple months back flys exactly the same.
I honestly doubt they have molded enough yet to start wearing out the molds, so short of them breaking it or screwing with it for no reason they should be fairly consistent for a long while.

I've got a Gibson Luster one that's yellow that's more overstable than a fresh star Teebird. Can I expect this thing to beat into an actual Leopard at some point? I also bag a Pro Leopard that flies like what you'd expect.

I've got a Gibson Luster one that's yellow that's more overstable than a fresh star Teebird. Can I expect this thing to beat into an actual Leopard at some point? I also bag a Pro Leopard that flies like what you'd expect.

It may get to more Leopard3-ish flights over time, but it'll take forever and a day to get to Leopard (no '3') flight. The Gibson Luster Leo3 might pair well with your pro Leo if you don't have something else like a Teebird/TL in your bag...

It may get to more Leopard3-ish flights over time, but it'll take forever and a day to get to Leopard (no '3') flight. The Gibson Luster Leo3 might pair well with your pro Leo if you don't have something else like a Teebird/TL in your bag...

Seems about right, thanks for the reply. I've got a Patriot in the bag that's pretty damn TL like. I own a bunch of Teebirds and honestly I didn't realize this would be so much different than a Leopard so I might see if I can trade or offload it.

How does a Star Lep3 compare to a same weight gold line River? I have 2 I got in player packs.

How does a Star Lep3 compare to a same weight gold line River? I have 2 I got in player packs.

The Star Leo3 starts out a little bit more stable than the River. But what will happen is that the Gold Line River seasons in a LOT faster than the Star (or Champion) Leo3 will, and the River will become more understable. It (the River) will be a good anny/turnover disc as it seasons in, but noticeably more understable over time than the Leo3.

I have a bunch of Gold Line Rivers and some (mostly Champion) Leo3s. When my home course puts some of the baskets on the right side of the fairway and a turnover shot is indicated for my RHBH throw, I'll often put my favorite GL River in the bag to take advantage of its seasoned-in, turnover flight.

Yeah I basically play with a River that was used for 2 years on ever drive lol. Its touchy. I bag a newer one too, guessing the Lep3 is like that.

Yeah I basically play with a River that was used for 2 years on ever drive lol. Its touchy. I bag a newer one too, guessing the Lep3 is like that.

Yes, though the Leo3 will take a LOT longer to noticeably season in...

I did not look through the 58 pages of this thread.

I've been throwing Night Strike and Night Strike II FDs.

My NS was likely seasoned when I got it. Very easy turnovers, haven't rolled it yet but I expect it would roll well, easy hyzer flip to straight shots.

I like it.

My NSII on the other hand is much more HSS, somewhat resistant to turn, doesn't really want to hyzer flip but will hold a nice hyzer.

It's nice but I think it has significant overlap with my RR FD2s.

I'm looking for a disc that should be /ought to be closer to my NS and as a fan of the color glow plastic I'm considering the H.L. Color Glow L3.

Can someone tell me about the flight? Compare it to an NS and/or NSII? Is a CGL3 a hyzerflip to straight type fairway or does it show as more HSS than the -2,1 flight ratings it carries?

Are they flat / domey?

TIA

It shows more HSS than a -2, mine will flip up and drift on a 375' shot, but does not turn and does fade. It has slightly less HSS than a NS2, and simliar fade.

There are 2 kinds of Luster for the Gibson leo3s. There is the matte kind that feels less dense and comes in the pink orange blue and green and there is a slick shiny luster that is closer to candy CE I have only seen it in red yellow and blue with the red and yellows being the best. The matte luster is just slighty more stable than regular champ but the glossy stuff is quite a bit more stable. It is also friggin indestructible. 2 years in the bag and one of my red ones has barely beat in. Grab some of the shiny ones if you can. Best plastic Innova has run in a decade

I scooped up a very slight dome 175 Glow Champ Leo3 and a 175 Nightstrike II to hopefully find a stable to understable complement for my 5 year glow Rival during last night's glow round. The glow Leo3 plastic is relatively stiff and reminds me of early indestructible clearish Prodiscus crossed with Jolly Launcher (both extremely durable and overstable plastic in their own right) that makes me think of your description.

After some testing, I thought I got a freak Champ Glow Leo3, but having read your two years to beat in I'm guessing I'm not alone.

I hit some trees but no damage, barely a scuff. I could not flex it without it fighting out in under 175'. Thrown flat, its looking for the ground; 7/3/0/2.5 I compared it to my fresh Callie McMorran 175 Luster TB and 11x Firebird. The Glow Champ Leo3 might be more HSS than my rightly seasoned utility disc Firebird and only a touch less LSS.

At the same power on a no more that 25' hyzer the glow champ Leo3 maybe goes 270' where the FB goes 310' the glow Rival 330' and the NSII 360'.

I now understand how those big arms are crushing these 7/5/-2/1 on 450' frozen rope hyzer to fade.

I ain't them, and those beginner friendly numbers ain't real:thmbdown:

Keep it at - practice throwing a roller on every hole your next casual round, and after a round or two it should be decently straighter.

Hilarious... it's gonna need some brick wall bashing, sidewalk skips, parking lot spike hyzers, and a season of one disc roller rounds. pls innova

1. someone make me an offer

:thmbdown::confused::mad::doh::gross::wall:;):D