• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Less than stellar service from Hazy Shade in Dayton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all are like kids on Xmas. I sent what I hope is the owner the link to this thread.

I am the owner of Hazy Shade. My name is Jeremy. I am not one of the people you dealt with although I am short with a beard. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our store today. We never like to hear things like that. Our web site does say that these are available because all baskets are shipped from the manufacture. It is my mistake that it is not posted clearly on our site and I will make sure that it is changed right away. I would recommend calling ahead any time to any store epically if you are going to drive for an extended period of time. Who knows, that very thing might have sold 5 minuets before you arrived and only one was in stock. This basket is not on display honestly because they are not a very popular basket for us, and baskets take a lot of space to display. That being said, there is no reason to have made the item you were looking for any less valuable and you should not have been made to feel so. As far as the price you must understand that the baskets have very low margins on them epically if they are marked 30-40 dollars below msrp. I have to pay to ship it to the store or ship it to your house. If you ship one twice you will loose money even with it only weighing so little. There is a difference between the 4 leg and 5 leg versions of this basket. The 5 leg one is the standard Innova traveler basket. The 4 leg one is the basket that they give as part of there CFR tournament package. I did have both in the store because I have traded some of my players who have won them at events. Please understand we would like to sell everything as cheep as possible but to run a brick and mortar store costs more than an online store. There are benefits to both and unfortunately you didn't get to experience one of them today. We do pride ourselves on good customer service. We are the only pro shop I know that offers a 1500 sq ft putting area where you can try putters and different discs before you buy them. We offer different in store specials and give-a-ways to try to help close the difference between the two but the reality of it is its costs MUCH more to sell the same product in the store than off the web site. Again I am sorry that you did not receive the type of service that we like to provide and hope that sometime if you are back in Dayton that you stop in and give us another shot to win your business. I am not trying to justify any bad service you feel you received just trying to explain where things might have been mixed up.

Jeremy
Hazy Shade

I am the owner of Hazy Shade. My name is Jeremy. I am not one of the people you dealt with although I am short with a beard. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our store today. We never like to hear things like that. Our web site does say that these are available because all baskets are shipped from the manufacture. It is my mistake that it is not posted clearly on our site and I will make sure that it is changed right away. I would recommend calling ahead any time to any store epically if you are going to drive for an extended period of time. Who knows, that very thing might have sold 5 minuets before you arrived and only one was in stock. This basket is not on display honestly because they are not a very popular basket for us, and baskets take a lot of space to display. That being said, there is no reason to have made the item you were looking for any less valuable and you should not have been made to feel so. As far as the price you must understand that the baskets have very low margins on them epically if they are marked 30-40 dollars below msrp. I have to pay to ship it to the store or ship it to your house. If you ship one twice you will loose money even with it only weighing so little. There is a difference between the 4 leg and 5 leg versions of this basket. The 5 leg one is the standard Innova traveler basket. The 4 leg one is the basket that they give as part of there CFR tournament package. I did have both in the store because I have traded some of my players who have won them at events. Please understand we would like to sell everything as cheep as possible but to run a brick and mortar store costs more than an online store. There are benefits to both and unfortunately you didn't get to experience one of them today. We do pride ourselves on good customer service. We are the only pro shop I know that offers a 1500 sq ft putting area where you can try putters and different discs before you buy them. We offer different in store specials and give-a-ways to try to help close the difference between the two but the reality of it is its costs MUCH more to sell the same product in the store than off the web site. Again I am sorry that you did not receive the type of service that we like to provide and hope that sometime if you are back in Dayton that you stop in and give us another shot to win your business. I am not trying to justify any bad service you feel you received just trying to explain where things might have been mixed up.

Jeremy
Hazy Shade

Boom! Perfect response! Tell the man what he's won!

Well, Jeremy, you've won customers and future business! But wait there's more: You've also won a reprieve from heckling on DGCR for two days! Congratulations!

Two days of heckling not guaranteed.

Seriously, nice to hear a well put response. If I'm in your area, I will look you up for some discs and maybe some other "accessories"...

Hey Mulligan, do you have any retail experience?

Loads. I ran a 9 mill a yr business for 6yrs very successfully. Approx35 employees.

Jeremy, thanks for replying. However, i just wanted to buy in store an item that I can order right now from you to be shipped for less money.
You website does not charge shipping and your employees lied to me about that. No way will I b back, unless I could b sure to expect you.

Like I said, I personally dealt with a lot of these issues in a previous career and I know what you're dealin with. However, I would never chastise a customer for makin the drive without callin first.
Even if that was the most obvious thing.
Your website left for no confusion as to what to expect... Your staff however did. No doubt you'll get that wrangled.
Those guys were straight rude.

Kudos to you for manning up and gettin on here.
I went to your store on recommendations from here after all.
Good luck to you.

Some moderator close this thread for me before somebody ruins it.
thx!

Mulligan;742036 Its got to be rough to have a legitimate sports store AND a head shop mixed together and get help that isn't flaky...[/QUOTE said:
That's because if they are commission based employees I'm sure they'd rather sell an $80 glass piece as opposed to an $8 DX Valkyrie.

Just to clarify a few things. Our location is about 3500 sq ft. Our disc wall is over 70 ft long. Our indoor putting area is about 1500 sq ft. Its free to come in and practice or try every style of putter we offer. We even have an area to throw drives in. Our smoke shop is about 400 sq ft in the back of the store. None of our employees are paid on commission and bad customer service is not what we are known for.

And yet...

This basket is not on display honestly because they are not a very popular basket for us, and baskets take a lot of space to display.

Jeremy
Hazy Shade

I tried to get this thread shut down for you're own good, man.
let her go...

And yet...

I tried to get this thread shut down for you're own good, man.
let her go...

This thread should of never started. I really do not think you (Mulligan) handled this situation correctly. In earlier posts you stated managing a multi million dollar company and that you know all about the industry and customer service. I too work for a multi million dollar company and if we have a problem with a vendor or a factory we talk directly to the source, the factory president, vendor owner, etc. We do not go online to a forum based in that industry and complain about service we did not receive. I highly doubt any business has a 100% customer service rating.

As a manager of a multi million dollar company which I'm sure has a lot of focus on customer service. This was definitely not the right way to handle this. I'm not trying to make this an on going thing but the reason this thread should be shut down is not because of Jeremy, because by the responses I've seen his reply was honest and valid. Where as your complaining that you didn't get something you want and want other people to agree with you on the internet.

So, if anything. It should be shut down for your own good.

There are plenty of places to get the basket for 115 shipped.

Innova sells them wholesale for $80 but they are going to hit you for probably 30-40 bucks shipping so you might as well just buy retail.

Good luck finding the yellow, blue seems to be the most popular with Innova lately.

This thread should of never started. I really do not think you (Mulligan) handled this situation correctly. In earlier posts you stated managing a multi million dollar company and that you know all about the industry and customer service. I too work for a multi million dollar company and if we have a problem with a vendor or a factory we talk directly to the source, the factory president, vendor owner, etc. We do not go online to a forum based in that industry and complain about service we did not receive. I highly doubt any business has a 100% customer service rating.

As a manager of a multi million dollar company which I'm sure has a lot of focus on customer service. This was definitely not the right way to handle this. I'm not trying to make this an on going thing but the reason this thread should be shut down is not because of Jeremy, because by the responses I've seen his reply was honest and valid. Where as your complaining that you didn't get something you want and want other people to agree with you on the internet.

So, if anything. It should be shut down for your own good.

You're not trying to keep it going, but just couldn't help yourself right?
So maybe the right thing to do would have been to send me a PM then, right, based on your own logic?
You don't seem to have a grasp of how business, the internet, and people work.

I was recommended this shop on this site (DGCR).
I was going to report on my experience regardless.
It is not my fault the way I was treated, but I also notified Jeremy so he COULD respond. He did quite a good job, and we're both happy.
Initially, I thought one of the people I dealt with may have been the owner, so I wasn't sure that contacting the store would make any difference,
had you fully read the thread you would have gotten that.

I do want this thread shut down for my own good, so I don't have to respond to such weak arguments as yours.
Let it go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts