• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lets talk distance

I have been getting my star Orc over 300' my waith is right there with it just seems to fade more. weights I use a round 165-170. also got my sidewinder out over 300 today hole 9 Yellow Creek

A question about the pros

Hey a couple questions about pros and distance. I've never played with a pro, so i really have no clue and I was just wondering.

How far would a pro average for his distance throw? Say it's a 1000' hole, wide open, with no elevation change at all. What's the average throw for a pro?

Also, if anyone knew what Climo's average drive would be on the same hole, that'd be awesome. His max throw ever, according to innova's website, is 570' or something.

Tony Jaa could throw Chuck Norris with his foot; no disrespect to Chuck Norris. It's just a statement of fact.

Hey a couple questions about pros and distance. I've never played with a pro, so i really have no clue and I was just wondering.

How far would a pro average for his distance throw? Say it's a 1000' hole, wide open, with no elevation change at all. What's the average throw for a pro?

Also, if anyone knew what Climo's average drive would be on the same hole, that'd be awesome. His max throw ever, according to innova's website, is 570' or something.

The top pros would get roller happy on the hole you described. Rollers can go much further than airshots if thrown correctly.

I know the top pros would generally throw a roller on a hole like that. But that wasn't the question i was asking.

I know the top pros would generally throw a roller on a hole like that. But that wasn't the question i was asking.
It may not be what you meant to ask, but it's exactly the question you asked.

I'd expect most top pros to have 400'-420' of golf D. How much pure D a pro might have or even use on the course probably varies a lot more.

I started throwing a Star Wraith and Destroyer last night, and other than a few errant shots getting used to new discs, I was able to put them both around the 315-325 mark. On a downhill shot with a slight breeze at my back, I was able to overshot a 380' hole by 20-30 feet, lol. Kicker was, it was balls on accurate with the basket, just a few feet high when it crossed over the chains.

I usually throw a 173g Champion Wraith. I use it for my long 400'+ foot holes, I played Idlewild in Burlington, Ky and they have a hole that is 1001' long. I reached the hole in 2 shots with the Wraith, I really put a lot behind that disc to get a nice anhyzer with a nice fade at the end, my putting is awful and I missed a 30' putt for eagle but made my birdie. I have been working with a Champion Groove and I have a feeling that when I beat that disc in its gonna be a 450'+ consistent driver for me, Im looking forward to using it more and working it in to get the flight I want out of it.

Latest posts