• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

Mine feels a little Star-ish I suppose. She's definitely not as durable as star, though.
yeah, its a good disc for one disc rounds. One of my favs, for sure. My custom Sharpie-tattoo on it doesn't hurt ;)

All of mine feel like the preemie plastic of my newest Polecat to me with varying levels of opacity. It's a nice plastic. My one thrower that's been to my gravel pit of a pitch and putt is in surprisingly good shape for the plastic. It's not come away unscathed on any blacktop hits (all the baskets there are surrounded by it) though.

Mine feels like plastic fork plastic.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's what my 130's Condors feel like. My Makani is grippy and softish. Probably not good plastic for forks unless I invent some type of weight loss forks.

Has anyone thrown the Gstar polecats from the factory store?

Yes. I like them. It is my main approach disc and short driving Polecat. So far it is holding up pretty well. The flashing is a bit sharp but it wears off pretty quick.

Mashed the 114g upshot some more today. Lol what a fun ****ing disc. I think im going to drop the proxy and roll with heavy max wt lightning upshots.

Mashed the 114g upshot some more today. Lol what a fun ****ing disc. I think im going to drop the proxy and roll with heavy max wt lightning upshots.

I am in love with my 126g Upshot #2. Different disc, I know but its so fun to throw. Its my 5 year olds longest disc as well (despite having about 15 sub 130g discs to throw)

Can someone give me the complete rundown on polecat stability for each plastic. They've ran dx, rpro, xt, champ and gstar, any others?

I never answered your original question because I only use the DX PCs.
I have an R-Pro but it is heavy and I only like the 150 PCs so it doesn't get much use.
DX does everything I want so I never bothered to look at other plastics.
Sorry I couldn't help.

I never answered your original question because I only use the DX PCs.
I have an R-Pro but it is heavy and I only like the 150 PCs so it doesn't get much use.
DX does everything I want so I never bothered to look at other plastics.
Sorry I couldn't help.

How is that not helping? To me that says a lot. So you are recommending 150 DX? That's what I picked up the other day based on the posting here. Didn't know if other plastics or weights would be advantageous. Plus I'm sucked into Innova's marketing. So far I've held off from ordering from their ProShop, but I really love their Gstar stamps. And Gstar would be good for approaching.

Yeah, I definitely recommend a 150 DX but I feel like I might be biased because I threw all 150g for a couple years. Even now I carry a 150g DX PC with my max weight bag. IMO the PC loses a lot of its finesse and glide as the weight goes up. Heavier PCs aren't bad but their lid-like qualities get muted. If I'm throwing a PC it's because I want lid-like qualities... so I keep them light.
I find that 99% of my PC throws are in the woods. I love having the ability to slowly sail 200' with just the flick of the wrist. Bad footing, limited reach back, low ceiling... no problem. Just a little *pop* and she's gliding towards the basket.
I love how straight these are for the distances I use them. Even a well worn PC will hold her hyzer angle for an entire 150' flight. New ones will hold their hyzer for at least 200'. Anhyzers and straight shots are the same deal. You can push them out further than 200 but I usually use other putters for those shots. Having said that, I aced a 260' hole (no elevation change) with my skunk-butt PC. I have to add at least 15 degrees of hyzer for longer shots like this.
The entire benefit of PCs IMO is their slow, glidey, neutral flight. These qualities really shine when you have to navigate twisted fairways in the woods. Open holes don't dictate which flight path you have to use to be successful; if I am not restricted in my shot selection then I am probably spike hyzering
A Rhyno, Scale, Zone, Stud or other OS putter. It's tough to beat the benefits of spiking an OS disc.
I carry a lot of putters, more than most. If I were concerned about bag space or ultimate mold minimalism then I might consider adding a heavier PC for general putting duties and windy rounds.

How is that not helping?...
Well, you asked about the various plastics. I don't have experience with anything other than DX and R-Pro.

There are others in this thread that have the G*s and the champs… I was hoping they would answer the question you asked.

I agree that the G* stamps are cool.

Yeah, I definitely recommend a 150 DX...

Totally missed this post since you quoted me in your next post. You sold me. While it is just one PC I've thrown, I like the float. So I'll take your experience and run with it/throw with it.

:hfive: