• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

I am the guy who led the charge for Champ Polecats. I bought a bunch of them and threw them for a while. I still bag my DX.

That said I've been messing with my XT a lot lately and love it. It has a smidgen of high speed turn and is mega grippy, even in freezing temps.

Yup XT out of the box flies like a lightly used DX for me. Its definately more durable though. They seem maybe a tick faster than my OLD dx, but about the same as my newer ones. All polecats are good, I just wish the champs had more glide.

My champ seasoned faster than my DX. It started turning really quickly. I thought it was my form for a while, but it wasn't. My DX flew exactly how I remembered.

I'm honestly thrilled with the love Innova's shown the Polecat since the Champs were molded.

My champ seasoned faster than my DX. It started turning really quickly. I thought it was my form for a while, but it wasn't. My DX flew exactly how I remembered.

I'm honestly thrilled with the love Innova's shown the Polecat since the Champs were molded.

Me too, even if it is just small innova store batches. I am still waiting to hear from someone telling me how not awesome the G*s are so I can forget about buying them.

Honestly I still think the DX may be the best. I have thrown the Champ and the RPro as well. And while the RPro is a great catch disc(lives in my beach/pool bag now) both get underatable more quickly than a DX.

My favorite lid is still the Yikun claws in a dragon plastic that they did for Salient. But I get rocks thrown at me for saying that in public.

I didn't mind the claws at first. I thought it would replace my polecats but then it turned out to be waxy garbage that warped just as easily as dx and didn't fly quite the same. Didn't feel quite as good in hand either.

I could see how someone who likes polecats would like the claws though.

The Tiger line plastic just isn't good, but they did one preimium run and those are the ones I'm talking about. It's too domey for some, but I just loved them.

You can't find them anymore though so it's not really a bagable option.

I bought ten of the Liquid Metal run (much like the Champ Polecats, I was the one who pushed hard for these) so if you need some, I can help you out.

The Tiger line plastic just isn't good, but they did one preimium run and those are the ones I'm talking about. It's too domey for some, but I just loved them.

You can't find them anymore though so it's not really a bagable option.

I certainly liked those. Tbird hooked me up a while back.

Any thoughts on the Gstar? Are they worth the money? Sounds like good ol DX is the way to go.

Just has a bit more glide, but otherwise they are close.

Personally, I find the two remarkably different given how similar they appear.

The Birdie is decently more HSS and has much less glide. The Birdie is good for people who like the feel of the PC but prefer a more DG fisc flight.

The Birdie can handle more wind than a Polecat. I'm one of those odd people who prefers the Birdie over the Polecat, both fun to throw, but I bag the Birdie. It's far more trust worthy.

Personally, I find the two remarkably different given how similar they appear.

The Birdie is decently more HSS and has much less glide. The Birdie is good for people who like the feel of the PC but prefer a more DG fisc flight.

This has been my experience as well. It's amazing how different they fly for me despite being incredibly similar looking.

I actually have a 150 DX Birdie in my practice basket, and I have to make sure to throw it with a solid amount of snap because it's such a beefy brick. Compared to the Polecat it's like throwing a FB instead of a Leopard.

This has been my experience as well. It's amazing how different they fly for me despite being incredibly similar looking.

I actually have a 150 DX Birdie in my practice basket, and I have to make sure to throw it with a solid amount of snap because it's such a beefy brick. Compared to the Polecat it's like throwing a FB instead of a Leopard.

Agreed.
It's a choice between a finesse disc (PC) and a more power hungry disc (Birdie).

Given my affinity for Comets, my allegiance s naturally with the PC.

Agreed.
It's a choice between a finesse disc (PC) and a more power hungry disc (Birdie).

Given my affinity for Comets, my allegiance s naturally with the PC.

I've heard (probably on here - and probably from 3P) the Birdie is actually a renamed Piranha. I've never thrown any iteration of the Piranha to know if they're similar or not. If it's true, they made a very poor choice keeping the Birdie name.

I've heard (probably on here - and probably from 3P) the Birdie is actually a renamed Piranha. I've never thrown any iteration of the Piranha to know if they're similar or not. If it's true, they made a very poor choice keeping the Birdie name.

I'm not sure it is just the name, using Birdie seems natural with all their other birds. I think it is the 5yr old girl artwork that kills this disc for most people. They might as well make them all pink with rainbow stamps and call it a day.