• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

I used to throw polecats. *shrug* the opto bite is also 150g, conveniently, and pdga approved.

Iove the polecat. No hate here. Wider diameter frisbees are just so easy to work on angles, too.

You sold me; I'm going to try one out.

If you can't trust someone who likes the SuperHero and the Comet, who can you trust? :)

Realtalk here.

You and i have similar taste....try an opto bite. It will....WILL replace your polecat under 200'.

I used to throw polecats. *shrug* the opto bite is also 150g, conveniently, and pdga approved.

Iove the polecat. No hate here. Wider diameter frisbees are just so easy to work on angles, too.

I will have to try it out but I also putt with the Polecat and I am not sure about putting with a bigger diameter disc. And I carry one heavier Polecat for drives.

When it comes to golf, I'd take a Polecat every day of the week. If it were a fun casual round, I'd take a Doggy Style over a Bite every day of the week.

I came really close to adding a Beetle to my order last night. Kind of wish I had of just to try out.

Why doesn't everyone bag a lid? It would help so many players games. I'd hate to think how much more I would suck without one in the bag. I mean the Champ himself bags a Sonic (at least in the last ITB video I saw).

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I get laughed at just as much as I hear the, Wow! What was that? comment.

A friend of mine just says, I hate that disc! Every time I throw a lid. Have you ever thrown it? I ask. No, I just hate the whole way it looks.

I think a lot of guys just think it looks "un-professional"

When it comes to golf, I'd take a Polecat every day of the week. If it were a fun casual round, I'd take a Doggy Style over a Bite every day of the week.

Curious as to why? I really enjoyed it too. It has more lidlike characteristics than the bite imo.

I get laughed at just as much as I hear the, Wow! What was that? comment.

A friend of mine just says, I hate that disc! Every time I throw a lid. Have you ever thrown it? I ask. No, I just hate the whole way it looks.

I think a lot of guys just think it looks "un-professional"

My friends hate it and laugh at it too. They jelly because my approach game is so tight with lids in the bag.

I prefer the plastic of the DS and found them to fly similarly for me. Honestly, if I'm carrying anything that won't fit in the main compartment of the Delta, I'm carrying a Gopher.

04231712032_zpsgpsbooxx.jpg

Well, the bite is officially in the bag, in tandem with the superhero.

It seems silly, but i feel much more comfortable throwing short drives and approaches with this combo. The wide diameter really seems to emphasize the feeling of the disc levering itself out of your hand even at very low speed, which helps my touch game immensely.

If it's windy, oh well. I go back to using my bb aviars and stego, warrior and h1 and pd/pd2 for approach duty. But i had several approaches today with the superhero where a putter just wouldn't have worked. I hit some difficult lines. And the opto bite ran chains on a few shorter drives.

So i guess I'm oficially a frisbee man now.

didnt you say same thing about doggy style?! :p

Baseline plastic couldn't cut it after a few tree hits. The bite is surprisingly durable. The rim is built to take abuse, plus it starts with more stability than the doggy style.

The superhero isn't going to be thrown where it can take serious damage. It can be very, very touchy after a few hits because of how thin the rim is...warps very easily. so I've started using it basically 150' and in. Maaaaaaaaybe 200'. Maybe. If i need a turnover or super steep hyzer flip to get around a corner and then flip to flat.

Last edited:
Really liking the Upshot so far.

Tbird's pic makes me want a Gopher. Can you even find them anymore for less than the $40 I saw on ebay?

PIAS Score. Club discount put this under $5.
Going straight in the bag, its the good stiffer run (almost KC plastic) and in great shape!
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Man I wish I could find one of those... TrollCat can't come soon enough.

PIAS Score. Club discount put this under $5.
Going straight in the bag, its the good stiffer run (almost KC plastic) and in great shape!

20170520_120914_zpslt3ypaty.jpg
Lucky. I have been trying to find a 150g Circle Stamp Polecat.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Latest posts