• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

I've tried a number of Trilogy putters, including the Shield, Crown, Dagger, Judge, Pure, Warden, Deputy and Marshal, but I never tried the Swan nor Swan2. So many discs, so little time...

Also, I throw my Polecat as an approach disc out to distances 120-125 ft. away. I could throw it farther, but I don't want to. Anything farther out and I'm reaching for my Tomb, Colt, or (now returned to the bag) Mirage.

It's grip is way different, but the OG Swan is pretty much a baby Mirage. Swan2 is fairly straight unless you throw it hard.

would the L64 beetle be considered a lid? seems like it would fly pretty similar to a Sonic

Not true lids but rather in the category of the Toy Disc or dog disc. They are close, another disc like that is the Super Nova and I have only thrown one once a cousin or uncles they had for Super Class events and rounds they would play.

Has anyone else seen these Limited Edition Jawbreaker Rattlers? Two popped up on eBay and I snagged one. It just has a graffiti stamp and no mention of Ledgestone or anything. I haven't seen them anywhere else. It is a 145–150g so I thought, if nothing else, it would make a nice catch disc for warm-up. I haven't thrown a Rattler since the 90s. I have used a 175 Z Putt'r for touchy approaches since they came out but, who knows, sometimes good things happen when you see an old friend.
6a89f1d4fe09763f950f403df3d175e1.jpg

Does the zephyr count as a lid? I carry one in the trunk to use for a warm up and have started bagging it just for fun. Nothing beats effortlessly tossing it downhill 300' and just watching it slowly glide dead straight.

Does the zephyr count as a lid? I carry one in the trunk to use for a warm up and have started bagging it just for fun. Nothing beats effortlessly tossing it downhill 300' and just watching it slowly glide dead straight.

By DG standards, it's a lid.

By what standards is it not a lid?

Not disc golf?

Side note I've been struggling to bag a lid or not. I tend to lean on lower lines and firm throws, and always question why am I throwing a Rattler instead of a Clutch. Aside from a very rare drastic air bounce I can't think of a single shot where they're superior. Buuuut I also love them:wall:

Not disc golf?

Side note I've been struggling to bag a lid or not. I tend to lean on lower lines and firm throws, and always question why am I throwing a Rattler instead of a Clutch. Aside from a very rare drastic air bounce I can't think of a single shot where they're superior. Buuuut I also love them:wall:

Slow, slow predictable annys
BH flick-of-the-wrist shots when timber is an issue
Soft landings
Tight Hyzer-flips
Running putts w/o blowing past
You can make a rattler sound while flashing the 'double finger fang flash' during it's slow flight.

I was watching the Nick Hyde tournament and seeing what GG can do with his Sonic has made me really want to get one in star plastic. Is a sonic considered a lid?

I was watching the Nick Hyde tournament and seeing what GG can do with his Sonic has made me really want to get one in star plastic. Is a sonic considered a lid?

The Sonic is technically considered a fastback.
I mean it's both. It's a fastback lid. The decider on what is a lid is the wing, not the top.

Unless I'm wrong. :| I don't think I'm wrong, but I've been wrong about that before.

It's a lid if people look at you silly every time you pull it out of your bag. For me, it's a Polecat, for GG it's a Sonic, for koda it was a Doggy Style, for you it might be a Zephyr. YMMV.

It's a lid if people look at you silly every time you pull it out of your bag. For me, it's a Polecat, for GG it's a Sonic, for koda it was a Doggy Style, for you it might be a Zephyr. YMMV.
picture.php

Not only is it a lid, it's a Lightning lid. :|