• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lights for Glow Discs Charging

Osmo

*I whine a lot*
What do you use? I didnt see any on disc golf sites i frequent. Are there better lights then others?

I use MVP if it matters.

FWIW - I stopped by Home Depot to pick up a UV light on Saturday. They have one listed on their website (although the amazon alternative seems cheaper & better) but didn't have any available on the store shelf, or any stores shelves nearby, for that matter. Might be a discontinued product soon.

I bought a cheap fluorescent blacklight flashlight from Walmart that is unsatisfactory. I asked on another thread on here and was recommended the following: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001Q70A0G/

I haven't bought it yet, but once I decide to order some other things from Amazon, it'll be a go. I have Prime shipping, but prefer to group shipments if I don't need something right away - no sense in being wasteful for no real reason.

I prefer to tape Flat LED's to the disc with clear packaging tape. Seems like the things are made just for disc golf - they work great. When properly taped down, there's no noticeable difference in disc flight.

They come in blue, red, green yellow, and can be set to flash slowly, quickly, or stay on.
About $2 a pop, and the batteries last a long time.

Lets you throw exactly the disc you really wanna throw, instead of adjusting your shot to the glow disc you have.

For less than half of what some of these lights you need to juice up a glow disc, you can by 4 of these and a roll of packaging tape. The batteries will outlast the ones for the flashlight too.

IMO - less expensive way to play glow.

Last edited:
UV lights work the best for activating glow plastic, black lights work okay. If buying a UV flashlight, get a LED UV flashlight with as many LEDs as possible. I found one at Lowe's, 15 UV LEDs for about $12. DO NOT use a camera flash or a regular flashlight, it will ruin your night vision and upset the others in your group.