• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

linkbhg's bag

linkbhg

Drivers:
Innova Archangel DX 171g
Innova Beast Champion 170g
Innova Monarch Champion 165g
Innova TL Star 167g
Innova Wraith Star 170g
Millennium LS -- 165g
Millennium LS -- 175g
Millennium Orion LS Sirius 175g
Millennium Polaris LS -- 171g

Mids:
Millennium Aurora MS -- 178g
Discraft Buzzz Elite Z 177g
Innova Cobra DX 167g

Putt/Approach:
Discraft Magnet Pro D 175g
Innova Aviar DX 175g

I have some others I do not throw often at all. Mainly backups and spares for others to use. A few Valks, Groove I can't control (lol) and some others. I just got the Beast and threw it during my last round and LOVE it. I am phasing out the Milleniums since they are all mostly straight discs. My Buzzz is my most used mid, same goes for the Magnet in putt/approach shots.

Any thoughts are appreciated. I am still learning the nuances of some of my discs and changing them out for different situations as I get more comfortable with others.

It looks like you have a lot of straight to understable discs, but nothing really overstable or 'meathook-ish.' There are a lot of great overstable drivers, depending on the speed you like to throw at or the situation. My personal faves would be the Reaper, Starfire, FL, Whippet, Viper, or TeeRex, in no particular order.

If you're playing around with moving discs in and out, I'm telling everyone to try the Discmania PD (Power Driver) right now as it is becomnig my new favorite disc and to try something from DGA in their premium plastic, which is my favorite plastic out there.

It says you have only been playing for just a few months. Got to ask, why driver heavy? The Wraith and Beast are high speed discs and you really need to know how to throw a disc properly in order to get those discs to do what they are designed to do. Stick with your Archangel and add a Leopard or regular Teebird. Practice to get those discs out to 300 feet then possibly work your Wraith or Beast back into the mix. I have been playing 3-4 rounds a week every week for the last 3 years and only recently added a Wraith to my mix. Perhaps I am a slow learner, but I feel that it has taken that long to get the practice in to where my form is good enough to handle the Wraith like it needs to be. Your mids and putters seem to be appropriate, but discs in those catagories are mainly personal preferance I believe. Good luck.

Like the previous poster said you are a little driver heavy I'd even say a little mold heavy 12 molds is quite a bit.

Understable, Stable, Overstable. Figure out which driver or drivers can handle those duties for you best. I just picked up a p-pd myself and love it! It would fill probably your stable-overstable duties.

It says you have only been playing for just a few months. Got to ask, why driver heavy? The Wraith and Beast are high speed discs and you really need to know how to throw a disc properly in order to get those discs to do what they are designed to do. Stick with your Archangel and add a Leopard or regular Teebird. Practice to get those discs out to 300 feet then possibly work your Wraith or Beast back into the mix. I have been playing 3-4 rounds a week every week for the last 3 years and only recently added a Wraith to my mix. Perhaps I am a slow learner, but I feel that it has taken that long to get the practice in to where my form is good enough to handle the Wraith like it needs to be. Your mids and putters seem to be appropriate, but discs in those catagories are mainly personal preferance I believe. Good luck.

I started with the Wraith because it was the first disc I bought (discount bin!!). My arm is not nearly strong enough to throw 300+ feet, but the discs do what I want them to do consistantly enough to keep them in my bag. I think as I gain more power, they will start to perform differently and thus be used in different situations than they are now. There is no reason that I am so driver heavy, other than I have tried different discs to see what I like and most of them have been given to me as "hand me downs". Now that I have been playing on a regular schedule (twice a week minimum since March) I am getting comfortable with playing. Such as; I am finding I can get to where I want on the hole with ease, albeit it's not as far as I would like. ;)

I guess all in all, the discs do what I want them to do. Which I am positive is not what they do for anyone else. As my form and power change, so will the bag.

I appreciate the feedback because there are so many types of discs out there and form varies from person to person, especially with a n00b like myself, it helps me to see what others have had good or bad luck with.

Honestly the only thing i could say is maybe cut down on some of the drivers, add a champ teebird for some stability and limit it to one putter. I completely understand though because i have plenty of extra/backup discs that come along with me to try out on the course.

Also, if theyre working for you and you can hit lines, thats awesome. Keep it up. Try playing some rounds with just putters and mids, and the form and consequently accuracy and distance will continue to increase. Then those drivers will work even better for you.