• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

List of beaded putters

Jivecody

Birdie Member
what putters have beads on them, currently throw yeti pro aviars and love the big bead but looking for something slightly more understable.

maybe we can put a list together of beaded putters right away and any suggestions for me would be appreciated. :thmbup:

JK Pro
KC Pro
Wizard
Voodoo small bead (may be what you are looking for)
These are the ones I know off the top of my head at 4 in the morning.

Thinking something like a magnet but more quality plastic, dont understand why they only make magnets in pro d, an esp magnet would be awesome.

Last edited:
If you want an ESP Magnet, look at the DGA Titanic. And yes, the Summit does have a bead. If you like the Yeti but want something a little more understable, why not break in the Yeti a little more?

More beaded putters (but not all of them)
Millenium:
Omega SS
Innova:
Aviars (Small and Big Bead - All Pros, Aviar Driver)
Classic Roc
Rhyno
Discraft:
Challenger
Magnet
Ringer
Banger GT
Focus
Vibram:
VP
Ridge
Summit
MVP:
Ion
Gateway:
Wizard
Voodoo

good list! anymore beaded putters or suggestions, there has to be more than this for both =)

More beaded putters (but not all of them)
Millenium:
Omega SS
And Q-Mega and Omega AP, all are small bead Aviars.

And like before, if you like the Yeti but want a bit more understable beaded putter the best answer is a beat Yeti. If you get a putter that's right at the stability you want out of the box it'll get too understable in a few weeks/months. Best to beat in a slightly too overstable one.

thought voodoo was little more overstable, thanks for beat in suggestion but looking to try a different putter.

what putters have beads on them, currently throw yeti pro aviars and love the big bead but looking for something slightly more understable.

maybe we can put a list together of beaded putters right away and any suggestions for me would be appreciated. :thmbup:

Millenium:
Omega (all varities)
Innova:
Aviars (Small and Big Bead - All Pros, Aviar Driver, KC / JK / Yeti)
Classic Roc
Rhyno
Discraft:
Challenger
Magnet
Ringer
Banger GT
Focus
Vibram:
VP
Ridge
Summit
MVP:
Ion
Gateway:
Wizard
Voodoo

well, since beads tend to make things overstable i think your gonna have a hard time finding a truly understable one out of the box. i'd try a small bead like a challenger or SB aviar

i have a beat in yeti and its perfect, either way your gonna have to break in something so why not stick with what you like. but do what you want, good luck. (P.S. if your gonna get rid of the yeti let me know)

I threw the Voodoo for a while and really like it....I found that you could throw it like a missle at your target if it was a dead straight or a little anhyzer....it didn't really like strong hyzer lines though.....if you go with a Voodoo go with the HPP Evolution Voodoo....this thing will go hyzer nice and hard unlike the SSS mold I had... the Evo Voodoo also gets a great skip off of hard dirt and wooded courses....if you like that kind of shot..

well, since beads tend to make things overstable i think your gonna have a hard time finding a truly understable one out of the box. i'd try a small bead like a challenger or SB aviar

i have a beat in yeti and its perfect, either way your gonna have to break in something so why not stick with what you like. but do what you want, good luck. (P.S. if your gonna get rid of the yeti let me know)
Beads tend to make things more stable to overstable yes, but if you put a bead on an understable mold it won't automatically become overstable.

Out of the box understable beaded putter? Summit.

I hate to bust your bubble guys, but the Summit is beadless putter.

In the Vibram lineup, all three putters are the same mold.
The VP has a big bead, the Ridge has a small bead, and the Summit is beadless.

I hate to bust your bubble guys, but the Summit is beadless putter.

In the Vibram lineup, all three putters are the same mold.
The VP has a big bead, the Ridge has a small bead, and the Summit is beadless.
Ahem...
vibram_disc_golf_summit.jpg

That is definitely a bead.

For further reference here is a bigger bead (Ridge):
vibram_disc_golf_ridge.jpg

And an even bigger one (VP):
vibram_disc_golf_vp.jpg

I know Sir Dodge has commented on the matter before, but the Summit really does look like it has different bottom altogether. The wing is just so much more convex. The Ridge and VP could easily be the exact same mold otherwise, just a bigger bead in the other, but the profile pictures of Summit look like only the top could be common with the others.

Latest posts